PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Privacy Question?

Bens Momma
01-31-2012, 01:20 PM
I know FB is undergoing many changes and will be switching over to the timeline format, but over the past 3 days or so I have noticed real time updates on what all my "friends" are doing via a running log on the upper right side of the screen. It tells every time someone comments on another person's photo, wall, etc. and tells me even if I'm not friends with that person. I think I have my privacy settings set pretty tight, but I don't want everyone knowing whose wall I'm on and who/when I'm commenting! Does anyone know what I'm talking about with this feature, and what can I do about it?

Thanks!
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:
and a new snuggle bug!

PS-With the new timeline feature are my photos/albums still private or can others scroll through the timeline and see them? I have my albums set to only allow specific people to see them via the old format but am not sure of how the timeline works.

arivecchi
01-31-2012, 02:54 PM
You cannot do anything about it. Each one of your friends would have to unsubscribe from your feed in order not to see your activity on the ticker.

roseyloxs
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/09/26/facebook-ticker-privacy-scare/

This page does a pretty decent job of explaining how the ticker works. Basically before you comment on anything check the small gear at the bottom right corner of the status update. That will tell you if its public, friends of friends or just friends or even a custom list. That should help you decide if its worth commenting on and who will see it.