PDA

View Full Version : keep or replace SKR XTSL's?

elismummy
01-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi everyone,
I have 2 skr's that I am wondering if I should keep or replace? I had no idea that there was a problem with the LATCH connectors until I started reading some old posts when I was on call the other night. . . . So this is what we have. . .

DS 7yo 52lb rides in a Britax Frontier most of the time harnessed adn occasionally in a Britax parkway

DD1 5 yo 39lb currently in a Britax Boulevard and a SKR XTSL. . . at the very end of life in the boulevard, but still has a little bit of shoulder room in the Radian, was thinking of using her brother's old radian in place of the boulevard as she outgrows it until I hvae to buy her a bigger seat (probably another Frontier, very happy with that seat). . .

DD2 currently in a Chico Keyfit and Britax Marathon, will keep her in the Marathon and as she outgrows the Keyfit was planning on handing down the Boulevard (or possibly putting her in teh Radian RF when/if I upgrade DD1 to a Frontier)

BUT, I am a little worried about the reliability and safety factor of the Radians. . .these have been our travel seats as well for a couple of years since they fold up small and fit so easily into the travel bags. . . I am primarily concerned about safety and less so about the cost of buying additional seats. . . .I know there hasn't been an official recall, but I was wondering what the consensus was in teh community of people who are really on top of these things. . .

also, one of the seats has teh maroon straps, and it is not realistic to think that we will use a seatbelt install all the time (especially when travelling with three kids). . .

any help and/or thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Kati

mommylamb
01-31-2012, 01:49 PM
DS1 (age 4.5) still rides in his Radian65 in our secondary car (he's harnessed in a Frontier85 in our primary car), but we use a seatbelt install because he's over 40 lbs anyway. I think the latch problems were just with the XTSLs??? Is that right?

We'll need to figure out what we're going to do when DS2 needs to move to a convertible eventually. the Radian is currently about 4 years old, and I can't remember what the expiration term is for it, so need to do some research.

BabyBearsMom
01-31-2012, 01:53 PM
DS1 (age 4.5) still rides in his Radian65 in our secondary car (he's harnessed in a Frontier85 in our primary car), but we use a seatbelt install because he's over 40 lbs anyway. I think the latch problems were just with the XTSLs??? Is that right?

We'll need to figure out what we're going to do when DS2 needs to move to a convertible eventually. the Radian is currently about 4 years old, and I can't remember what the expiration term is for it, so need to do some research.

The problem was with the Super Latch which I think the Radian 65 doesn't have (just regular LATCH, right?). So it shouldn't impact you.

arivecchi
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
You might want to go over to car-seat.org and ask there, but I personally no longer felt comfortable with them as a company so I sold my XTSL.