PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Stokke chairs...anyone have this problem?

smilequeen
01-31-2012, 01:51 PM
My goodness this sweet little baby is going to give me a hear attack.

All of my boys have Stokke chairs in the kitchen. Henry has decided they make great ladders and he is obsessed with climbing them. Right on up to the top of the kitchen table! I push them all the way in so he can't climb and he sits under the table and cries.

WatchingThemGrow
01-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes, we've had that problem. It's a phase. My youngest likes to push it to the counter and reach candy in the cabinets!!! I told him that if he climbed up there again I would throw all the candy out.

FooBar
02-04-2012, 09:13 AM
We would often turn ours onto their sides when they weren't being used until the kids stopped using them as stairs.

Melaine
02-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Uh oh....nope we didn't get them until the girls were too big to do that!

♥ms.pacman♥
02-04-2012, 09:37 AM
oh wow!! we have 2 TTs and we've never had that problem. we have an LT in the kitchen area, and DS is obsessed with climbing that. he does sometimes climb onto his TT at the table, but only to sit in it. he used to be a big climber, then about 6 months ago he became afraid of heights and i'm so thankful for that :bag

and my DD is about same age , and she doesn't climb at all..she JUST figured out how to pull herself into sitting position, and she thinks that's pretty cool. LOL

hellokitty
02-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Ugh, we had this problem with both DS2 and DS3. DS2 climbed onto the table and tried to swing off the light fixture above our table like tarzan. We took it to mean that they wanted a stokke of their own, so around that time, the younger two both go their own stokke's too. It is frustrating, I just had to keep an eye on them. Luckily, you can see our dinette area from the kitchen and family (where I am most of the time).

Mamabear4
02-04-2012, 03:05 PM
We don't have a TT, but DS2 is also a climber (same age and name, btw!) and reacts the same way when I take away whatever he's been using as a ladder...a step stool, PBK chair, high chair, etc. we actually found him scaling the wire shelves of our panty last weekend! Hoping it's just a phase!!! DS1 never climbed.

georgiegirl
02-05-2012, 08:54 AM
For us it's not just the trip trap. DS uses the regular kitchen chairs and barstools to climb on the counter. It starteare before 18 months when he would push the kitchen chairs where he wanted to go and climb up and get into trouble (I had to take the knobs off the stove). Maybe in your case the trip trap is just easier to climb. My DS still likes to stand on top of it to give me a heart attack.

smilequeen
02-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Glad he's not the only one. DS3 is a super cute, sweet, easygoing guy, but he's my first climber and he is extremely persistent :)