PDA

View Full Version : What to tell DS about DH's V.

niccig
01-31-2012, 05:59 PM
DH is having a vasectomy, DS will have to come with me to drop DS off at outpatient clinic, I'll then take DS to school and go back and get DH. What did you tell your kiddos about not jumping on DH. A friend of ours was resting on the couch and his 3 yo jumped in his lap...we want to avoid that.

Thanks.

ETA. DS does not know how babies are made.

JBaxter
01-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Daddy has a boo boo on his penis lets be gentle... Leave it at that. Keep a pillow on his lap the first day is what DH did.

niccig
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Daddy has a boo boo on his penis lets be gentle... Leave it at that. Keep a pillow on his lap the first day is what DH did.

perfect. Thanks.

twowhat?
01-31-2012, 06:16 PM

You might have to add "this is a kind of boo-boo we don't tell everyone about" :ROTFLMAO:

If it were my DD2, she'd totally go announce it to everyone.

Giantbear
01-31-2012, 06:19 PM
DH is having a vasectomy, DS will have to come with me to drop DS off at outpatient clinic, I'll then take DS to school and go back and get DH. What did you tell your kiddos about not jumping on DH. A friend of ours was resting on the couch and his 3 yo jumped in his lap...we want to avoid that.

Thanks.

ETA. DS does not know how babies are made. :47: :barf:

mjs64
01-31-2012, 08:10 PM
You might have to add "this is a kind of boo-boo we don't tell everyone about" :ROTFLMAO:

If it were my DD2, she'd totally go announce it to everyone.

When I was 10 and my dad had a V, I told a carpooling mom that my dad had just had surgery (I knew which kind). I told her he was home resting on the couch. She promptly asked what kind of surgery, and, at a loss, I paused and said, "his arm?" I'm pretty sure she figured it out. You may want to supply your DC with an answer.

mypa
01-31-2012, 08:10 PM
To 6.5yo DS: "Daddy had surgery on his groin/thigh/leg to fix something that hurt him. He is fine now but needs to recover. Don't jump or sit on him or else he will have to get surgery again."

To 3yo DD: "Daddy hurt, no sitting on daddy lap or else he will be hurt. Careful."

I didn't want to use the "p" word as he tends to repeat what we say.

kellij
01-31-2012, 11:29 PM
We just said Daddy has an ouchy penis so be extra careful with him. They didn't ask any more than that.

mom3boys
01-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Ooh, these will help me out, DH's V is scheduled for next week!

There is no secret though. I think everyone knows DH is getting the big V. My BIL posted on facebook when he got one.

HannaAddict
02-01-2012, 03:28 AM
We just said to be careful of dad's stomach or thigh, no mention of penis or pee pee or that would have been all around the preschool & kindergarten, in some garbled form. I must be repressed, yes, I am repressed! No biggie though, he was the man in the pool at a birthday party a day later, with ibuprofen on board. :)

niccig
02-01-2012, 03:31 AM
Thanks all, but it might be for naught. We may cancel the V. We're 99% sure not having anymore children, but well, I suppose it's that 1% and the permanency of it all. DH had a panic attack at the consultation 2 weeks ago, and well, I think we're putting it off to discuss things further.

Not ideal, but better to be sure.