PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about loafers?

babybell
01-31-2012, 11:07 PM
The sale on Simple shoes on 6pm from the bargains forum got me thinking. (I was looking at these (http://www.6pm.com/simple-sunny-side-toffee) in particular.) What do you think about the loafer trend right now? What do you wear them with? Is this a trend that will pass quickly?

Not that $12 is all that great of a plunge to take... but I like my shoes to last a while; much longer than a season!

goldenpig
02-01-2012, 12:44 AM
I personally don't like loafers but a lot of people do and they're supposedly in right now. But those ones you posted look a little dated or casual to me...kind of like moccasins. Maybe I might wear them if they were slippers! If I were going to try a flat shoe, I'd probably try oxfords first. And heeled oxfords can be really cute!

elbenn
02-01-2012, 12:55 AM
I never knew they went out. I love loafers. You can usually find some classic styles like Tods that always look good with jeans.

YouAreTheFocus
02-01-2012, 03:37 AM
Normally I am really anti-loafer--even on guys. But I find something intriguing about the ones you linked to. I'd love to see them in person. I'm not feeling the brown, but the black with the stitched grosgrain might be really cute!

babybell
02-01-2012, 08:20 AM
I personally don't like loafers but a lot of people do and they're supposedly in right now. But those ones you posted look a little dated or casual to me...kind of like moccasins. Maybe I might wear them if they were slippers! If I were going to try a flat shoe, I'd probably try oxfords first. And heeled oxfords can be really cute!

Hm, you're right, they are more moccasin than loafer, aren't they? Not sure I can get into either!