PDA

View Full Version : Anyone cancel a V 2 days before?

niccig
02-01-2012, 04:11 AM
I'm pretty sure DH is canceling the surgery tomorrow. I'm not sure where that puts us. We're both pretty sure we won't have anymore kids for a number of reasons. But I think we want the option if we change our minds, but we're pretty sure we won't change our minds, like 99% sure. It sounds a little crazy, but I think we need more time to think about it, even though we've had the last 7 years to think about it.

I bet the Dr's office is going to not like this...oh well.

amldaley
02-01-2012, 04:23 AM
As long as it is within their cancellation policy, they can dislike it all they want!

We are considering using this after some great recommendations from here in the Healthy You forum... http://www.lady-comp.com/en/page/at-first-sight?aid=Miller101711

TwinFoxes
02-01-2012, 05:17 AM
I doubt you'll be the first or last. If you need time, you need time.

egoldber
02-01-2012, 07:17 AM
I think it is wise to take the time if he is conflicted. Neither DH nor I want to have more kids, but yet taking the step to permanent sterilization is just too big for us with too many reasons.

:hug:

SnuggleBuggles
02-01-2012, 08:48 AM
That's why I have a copper IUD. It's pretty durable but not permanent. I don't have to think about bc for 10 years but I can change my mind if I want to. When I got my 1st one put in, I told the midwife that I was choosing 10 year copper vs (then) 5yo Mirena b/c I knew I was done. I had it pulled 1.5 years later to have ds2! It's hard to really make a permanent decision. I know dh won't do it either. GL!

KHF
02-01-2012, 08:55 AM
My DH just had one at the end of 2011. His doctor's office required a $50 non-refundable deposit at the first consultation...so apparently it's pretty common for people to cancel. If you and your husband need more time, take it. We knew it was the right time for us, but wouldn't have hesitated to wait if either of us was unsure.

elephantmeg
02-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm sure lots of people do. I would call ASAP.

chozen
02-01-2012, 10:27 AM
I doubt you'll be the first or last. If you need time, you need time.

:yeahthat:

infomama
02-01-2012, 10:30 AM
I have to say if you have ANY qualms about going thorough with it...CANCEL. I don't think the office will be upset. If they are...who cares.

Octobermommy
02-01-2012, 10:42 AM
This a huge decision. If yall are not comfortable then please cancel but do it ASAP so the doctors office can add another surgery or change their schedule around.

Good luck!

JustMe
02-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Best wishes to you and your dh as you make this decision. Its not about the doctor's office; they don't have to like it!

doberbrat
02-01-2012, 12:29 PM
If you're "pretty sure" then you should cancel. Its permanent. You Both should be 1000% sure.

Globetrotter
02-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Call and cancel for now. Don't even think about going ahead unless you are both 100% sure, especially since you are relatively young and only have one child. I would hesitate to do it after one child, just in case.. Things change over time and you don't know how you will feel a few years down the road, even though you are sure now. But a V is permanent.

hellokitty
02-01-2012, 02:20 PM
I agree with the others. If you are having any doubts, then cancel it. You can always reschedule later, but once it's done, it's done and reversal isn't fun.

scrooks
02-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I agree with the others. If you are having any doubts, then cancel it. You can always reschedule later, but once it's done, it's done and reversal isn't fun.

:yeahthat: Do not do anything permanent unless you are 100% sure. I would call right away and cancel.

jenstring95
02-01-2012, 10:49 PM
See, I told DH if he doesn't get a V and I get pregnant (I am on the pill) that I will give him a V myself. If you and your DH don't feel this way, I would definitely cancel.

SnuggleBuggles
02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
See, I told DH if he doesn't get a V and I get pregnant (I am on the pill) that I will give him a V myself. If you and your DH don't feel this way, I would definitely cancel.

:ROTFLMAO:

In my situation, dh is far more done than I am. I have my end covered with the IUD. He was supposed to get a V but changed his mind. So, if there is an oops, well, that's his problem. ;)

niccig
02-01-2012, 11:27 PM
DH cancelled, and is now saying "I think I could do it on Friday". Make up your mind :dizzy:

We did rush from first speaking about it, to having the appointment. So, we'll think and we'll talk, and go from there.

Thanks all.

hellokitty
02-02-2012, 11:51 AM
DH cancelled, and is now saying "I think I could do it on Friday". Make up your mind :dizzy:

We did rush from first speaking about it, to having the appointment. So, we'll think and we'll talk, and go from there.

Thanks all.

ARGH, how annoying! So, I have to ask. Is this a case of nerves or is he just using the, "I'm not sure if we will want more" as an excuse for his nerves? My DH had his V two yrs ago and it was not done at the office, since he is a hospital employee, in order to get the big discount, procedures done at the hospital at the time were at zero cost, so he had it done at the hospital. They ended up putting him to sleep. I did not know this and had to call the recovery room to ask what was taking so long. Turns out that they had a guy freak out on the table a wk before my DH's V, so they were more liberally offering drugs to others getting a V and since my DH knows the OR staff, I am sure they were liberal with it (when I picked him up, he told me he felt great and I told him that was the drugs talking and he denied it, and didn't want to pick up his script for pain meds, the next day, he told me he didn't understand how I could walk after giving birth, lol). So, what I'm saying is that if your DH is intensely scared of the procedure, they CAN put him to sleep for it. It will cost more, but it is an option and they will do it for men who are over anxious about it.

mypa
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
My DH just had one at the end of 2011. His doctor's office required a $50 non-refundable deposit at the first consultation...so apparently it's pretty common for people to cancel. If you and your husband need more time, take it. We knew it was the right time for us, but wouldn't have hesitated to wait if either of us was unsure.

This, exactly! :-)

niccig
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM
ARGH, how annoying! So, I have to ask. Is this a case of nerves or is he just using the, "I'm not sure if we will want more" as an excuse for his nerves?

I think it's both. He did have a panic attack at the consultation, and they said they'll do twilight sleep with him. I told him then, that we should not go through with it, but he insisted on making the appointment - maybe to prove he could do this.

I'm also not 100% sure. I'm 99% sure. But it looks like neither of my siblings will have children, so DS is the only grandchild on my side. I don't believe I have to supply my parents with more grandchildren, as they barely do things with DS now, but I did realise that he's the only one of his generation in my family, and well...that has given me pause.

We did put the money into the health FSA for this..so we've got this year...and then we can use that for other things...so we'll talk about it some more.

meggswife
02-02-2012, 02:46 PM
It was a very good decision to wait since you're not 100% sure. Sterilization is really a Major decision that is often trivialized by it's easy access and free/low cost. I hope you both take the time you need to decide what is best. :hug:

maiaann
02-02-2012, 03:01 PM
It was a very good decision to wait since you're not 100% sure. Sterilization is really a Major decision that is often trivialized by it's easy access and free/low cost. I hope you both take the time you need to decide what is best. :hug:

:yeahthat: Glad you cancelled! I have a Mirena IUD and I love it. DH and I would love more children, but my last pregnancy was life-threatening so we needed something. Yet, like another PP mentioned, we're both still young (33 & 34) so we weren't 100% on board with permanent anything. I hope you find something that works for you.