PDA

View Full Version : When will this allergy-caused rash go away?

gatorsmom
02-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I used some lotion on my hands on Monday without realizing it had almond oil in it. I'm allergic to almonds. And not long after I put the lotion on my hands, I rested my chin on my hands. I probaby even rubbed my hands on my face. The dang lotion smells so fantastic (Bubble and Be coconut lime lotion stick).

Well, that evening I started to notice a itchy rash develop under my chin and around my mouth. I've been applying benedryl lotion 2% for the past 24 hours but the dang rash is still there. I haven't put any makeup because I don't want to further irritate my skin. But tonight i have a church function and I'd like to look normal. Help!

Interestingly, my hands didn't get too much of a rash, just a little swollen. I wash my hands a lot so many the lotion didn't have time to stay on my hands much.

Any suggestions on how to get this rash to go away? Do you think I can put makeup over it?

Tondi G
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
My only thought to try to get it to go away was maybe taking some benedryl orally? But it makes me SUPER sleepy so maybe tonight at bedtime.

I think you can put makeup over it. Just wash it off right when you get home.

Hope it clears up for you soon.

mackmama
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Maybe try putting on a little cortisone cream?

DrSally
02-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I've had the best luck w/ clean skin and a thin layer of hydrocortisone 2 times a day. It does take several days for it to go away for me. You can put makeup over it, but I'd wash it off when you get home and reapply the medicine. IMe, the face is more sensitive to irritation/allergens than the body, although it prob heloed that you washed your hands.