PDA

View Full Version : Need Mojo ASAP: UPDATE (and rambling)

jse107
02-01-2012, 02:30 PM
DH is having a meeting with his bosses at 1:30. We need major mojo. Details later...

UPDATE: Well, not good or bad news.
Here's the backstory. DH works for a smallish firm in his field. He is a hard-worker, organized, very diligent/meticulous, etc. He is also intoverted and stays out of the office gossip/chit-chat. With the recession, work has been difficult for everyone. They had lay-offs 18 months ago (3 people, which is a lot for the size of the firm). Before the recession, one of the principals of the firm was going to retire. He waited until now to do so. In his announcement, he added that two other employees would be buying his shares of the company--in essence becoming part owners. One of the employees has 5 more years of experience than DH, so that made sense. The other, while at the firm 18 months longer than DH, has three LESS years of experience (who DH is pretty friendly with). DH felt like he had been punched in the stomach.

This all happened yesterday. I encouraged him to meet with the Pres (retiring) and VP to get a better understanding of their thought process. We tried to brainstorm reasons last night--DH has gotten a lot of the crappy projects by bad luck (no repeat clients), he isn't in the "gossip" downstairs where the others sit, he's not on the Board of Directors of the professional society.

He went in with notes, but DH said it just "was." They didn't have any real answers. We're going to talk more tonight, so perhaps I'll have more details then.

I'm upset with the way this was handled. The firm employes about 10 people. I think that the Pres and VP (Principals) could have talked with DH beforehand so as not to blindside him in the company meeting--where obviously it was awkward for DH. I'm also (selfishly) pissed off his co-worker/friend for not giving him ANY heads-up confidentially that this was coming. The whole thing is just weird now.

I just need to be supportive for DH, but I want to be mad instead.

scrooks
02-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Sending lots of mojo!!

lmh2402
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
lots and lots of mojo coming your way!!

pinkmomagain
02-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Mojo to you...

mctlaw
02-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Mojo! Mojo!

WitMom
02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Coming your way!

wendibird22
02-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Loads of mojo coming your way!

vludmilla
02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Lots of mojo!

trcy
02-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Mojo for a good meeting.

minnie-zb
02-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry. It was handled poorly. I think it is what it is now. Your husband will need to decide if this makes him so uncomfortable that it is time to look for a new job.

sariana
02-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry the news was not better for your DH.

My DH has pretty much the same complaint about his company, similar circumstances (about the "bad" projects, e.g.), promotions of people who were just lucky (in the right place at the right time, client-wise), etc. But DH's company is huge.

Wouldn't it be nice if colleagues could simply take a moment to think about each others' feelings? Is that too much to ask?

I hope the changes lead to something great for your DH even if he can't see that right now.