PDA

View Full Version : Weird sleep question for my 4mo

bisous
02-01-2012, 03:41 PM
DS3 is 4 mo. He is fighting a cold and today I've made it my mission to make sure he gets enough sleep.

He sleeps great at night. He just naturally fell into that and sometimes goes down awake and happily sleep about 8 hours before needing a feeding.

Naps are trickier for us. The morning nap is somewhat established but if he isn't really asleep he'll holler and I just end up picking him up and sometimes no nap results! He does catch bits of sleep throughout the day but just not very consistently.

I've been observing that he likes to fall asleep amid "chaos" and today I put him down on a blanket while his older brother DS2 (4 yo) was watching a show. (He's fighting a cold). Well it worked like clockwork to get him right to sleep!

I'm actually totally against screen time for the under 2 but I'm wondering if I can put something in DS3's crib to help him concentrate on something and go to sleep. Like a mobile or some toys or something to concentrate on. Does that make sense?

With the other kids I left the cribs nice and boring and they slept fine. Is there something else I should be doing? Should I just "carry on" and consider that he'll eventually get an established nap or should I be doing something else.

WWYD? TIA!

mackmama
02-01-2012, 03:49 PM
We attached this this soother to the crib and found it to be really helpful. http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Waterfall-Peek-a-Boo-Soother/dp/B000JIMVV4

marymoo86
02-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Is it the noise or visual stimuli? Have you tried white noise?

JTsMom
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
How about a pack and play wherever you all are hanging out? I used to drag J's crib mattress into our family room for the same reason. Worked great for a while. Another thought is something like a book on tape.

BabyBearsMom
02-01-2012, 04:21 PM
We attached this this soother to the crib and found it to be really helpful. http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Waterfall-Peek-a-Boo-Soother/dp/B000JIMVV4

We had something very similar to this and DD loved it. We took it out of her crib a few weeks ago (hoping she will forget about it when she sees it in DD2's crib in a few months) but up until then she would still turn it on when she woke up in the morning.