PDA

View Full Version : Who moved more? Poll for sure this time!

Mopey
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Okay, as before, I am curious as to whether your boys or girls were bigger movers in the belly :)

ourbabygirl
02-01-2012, 07:21 PM
I'd say both of mine (DD, then DS) moved about the same! Same amount of morning sickness, too (or maybe more with DS!). :) The ultrasound is the only way I would have known that we were having a boy the second time, because pretty much everything else was the same (weight gain, etc.)!

fedoragirl
02-01-2012, 07:47 PM
DD was very quiet in the womb whereas DS moved since he was 11 weeks and I could feel him!
I had horrible morning sickness with DD and nothing with DS. The only way I knew we were having a boy the second time was because all my pregnancy symptoms were absolutely new or opposite of my first pregnancy. We figured it was a different gender. ;)

buddyleebaby
02-01-2012, 07:48 PM
DD1 was by far my most active baby. She was always going.
DS was next but he tended to make bigger movements, like flipping from one side completely to the other.
DD2 was pretty quiet, just occasional movements to let me know she was there and fine. And lots of hiccups.

SnuggleBuggles
02-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Is baby's sex a surprise, Mopey?

My boys were both pretty active.

mommylamb
02-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Well, I can't say because I've never had a girl, but my boys have been different. DS1 moved a fair amount, but DS2 likes to dance a jig pretty much all the time. He's a squirmier. So, both boys, but different experiences.

edurnemk
02-01-2012, 08:45 PM
I haven't votes since I don't know this baby's sex yet. DS moved quite a lot. DH used to say he couldn't believe I could sleep because he could se my tummy moving at night.

My mom says I moved a LOT, she used to joke that I was probably going to be a soccer player, since I kicked so much (they didn't know I was a girl). But after birth I was always pretty mellow. My brother OTOH didn't move much and turned out to be extremely active and energetic after birth.

Mopey
02-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Is baby's sex a surprise, Mopey?

It is :) The closer I get the more curious I get - and I've heard from a few people that their girls were pretty mellow and this babe seems pretty mellow!

That and I've had four strangers in the last week say it's a girl (and my mom and MIL think so too). I have NO inkling whatsoever. So much for some kind of motherly instinct ;)

amldaley
02-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Two DD's...so I, naturally, voted for Brussels Sprouts!

But DD2 has moved WAY more than DD1 ever did!

KLD313
02-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Baby number two isn't here yet and way too early to know the sex but my DD moved a ton.

g-mama
02-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I don't think there's a correlation. I have had three very different pregnancies and all of them were boys.

SnuggleBuggles
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM
It is :) The closer I get the more curious I get - and I've heard from a few people that their girls were pretty mellow and this babe seems pretty mellow!

That and I've had four strangers in the last week say it's a girl (and my mom and MIL think so too). I have NO inkling whatsoever. So much for some kind of motherly instinct ;)

I had a book of 50 wives' tales since I didn't know with either. I didn't do all of the tests in the book but out of what I did, with both pregnancies, I got a 50/50 result! Maddening!!

I adored the guessing though. :)

georgiegirl
02-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Dd definitely. But with DS my placenta was in front. Fwiw, DS started crawling at 5 months and walking at 9.5 months, so he's always been super active. But he has a go with the flow sort of personality, whereas dd has always been high-needs, high-anxiety, and super sensitive. Not sure if personality has more to do with movement than sex.

citymama
02-02-2012, 03:59 AM
I only had girls and they were both very active! I would say DD1 in particular - she did full spins from head down to breech several times fairly late in the pregnancy. She was also smaller and therefore probably had more room to move. But boy, was she a gymnast in utero - still is!

klwa
02-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Neither of mine were big movers.

daisymommy
02-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Boys for sure!
And the hardest kickers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swissair81
02-02-2012, 09:29 AM
All 4 of mine were so active, innocent bystanders could see them at it from across a room.

gatorsmom
02-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Gator (boy) and Sisi (girl) moved the most. I used to say they were going to be my soccer stars. And, oddly enough, they are my only 2 kids to like soccer.

Greenbean rarely moved. It made me very nervous. But he turned out healthy. Maybe he didn't move much because his twin sister was so incredibly active?

MommyAllison
02-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Whichever one was in my belly when I was asked. ;)

Really, DD2 seemed super active, but I remember saying the same about DS and DD1, so I voted "no difference".

BayGirl2
02-02-2012, 01:38 PM
My Boy moved more in the womb, but differently. But after birth my girl is super wiggly. She just seems more controlled about it, her nervous system isn't as crazy.

Both of mine were full term, Boy born 1 day after due date girl born 3 days after. But somehow the girl seemed better able to deal with the outside world. Go figure.

BabyBearsMom
02-02-2012, 01:50 PM
I can't say gender wise since both of mine are girls. But both were big movers. DD1 was always on the go and always had the hiccups so my tummy was also bouncing around (very professional in Board meetings!). DD2 doesn't move as often, but when she moves she really MOVES. It feels like she didn't just move, she took the entire uterus with her. And she just loves to kick mommy in the bladder. The other day, she kicked so hard that DH could feel the vibrations...not that weird except his hand was on my back not my stomach! She is a crazy kid!