PDA

View Full Version : Kid friendly mousse, spray gel or other for curly messy hair?

amldaley
02-01-2012, 08:48 PM
I want to try something on DD's messy curls. Unless her hair is brushed over and over throughout the day, she ends up looking a total mess.

I am thinking of mousse or spray gel. Something to keep her curls intact and her hair from getting stringy.

But I am uncomfortable using super strong adult stuff on DD still and am wondering if there are reccs for healthier versions of these or kid friendly versions?

ellies mom
02-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I like Aveda's Be Curly Curl Enhancer. It just kind of helps keeps the curls together a little bit. I'm trying out a new gel by, I think, Beautiful Curls that seems to work well but I don't remember what it is called exactly. It is meant for wavy to curly hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fauve01
02-02-2012, 12:37 AM
I want to try something on DD's messy curls. Unless her hair is brushed over and over throughout the day, she ends up looking a total mess.

I am thinking of mousse or spray gel. Something to keep her curls intact and her hair from getting stringy.

But I am uncomfortable using super strong adult stuff on DD still and am wondering if there are reccs for healthier versions of these or kid friendly versions?

My hair just has a bit of wave, but when i want to use gel i use 100% pure aloe vera gel (the clear stuff). I found the rec on a curly hair site (maybe the curly girl site? can't remember). it does leave the hair crunchy, depending on how much you use, but it holds the hair well. So the more your DD might play with or touch her hair, the more it wouldn't hold, IYKWIM. it's not soft to touch.

Anyway, i just thought I'd throw that out there in case you hadn't ever heard of aloe gel for the hair-- you can't get more healthy and natural, LOL!

baymom
02-02-2012, 12:42 AM
I like Aveda's Be Curly Curl Enhancer. It just kind of helps keeps the curls together a little bit. I'm trying out a new gel by, I think, Beautiful Curls that seems to work well but I don't remember what it is called exactly. It is meant for wavy to curly hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote of confidence for Aveda's Be Curly. I have used it on my own hair for years and love how soft it makes my hair feel and how well it defrizzes and holds the curls.

amldaley
02-02-2012, 08:44 AM
My hair just has a bit of wave, but when i want to use gel i use 100% pure aloe vera gel (the clear stuff). I found the rec on a curly hair site (maybe the curly girl site? can't remember). it does leave the hair crunchy, depending on how much you use, but it holds the hair well. So the more your DD might play with or touch her hair, the more it wouldn't hold, IYKWIM. it's not soft to touch.

Anyway, i just thought I'd throw that out there in case you hadn't ever heard of aloe gel for the hair-- you can't get more healthy and natural, LOL!

ANd I have aloe in the linen closet right now so I could at least give it a try without buying anything! Yes - she does touch her hair constantly. She is in a phase of refusing barrettes and pigtails and bows and just wants to push her hair out of her face herself all day long.

amldaley
02-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Another vote of confidence for Aveda's Be Curly. I have used it on my own hair for years and love how soft it makes my hair feel and how well it defrizzes and holds the curls.

Defrizzes - THAT is the word I was searching for...she either goes frizzy or her hair ends up straight but stringy as it tries to curl back up.

Two votes for Aveda...darn...I have to drive to my favorite mall 2 hours a way to buy it. Where there is a Container Store across the street. That really sucks for me. {Hello, Saturday plans!}