PDA

View Full Version : Pinterest: what have you been inspired to do....

newg
02-01-2012, 10:27 PM
I know lots of us are on Pinterest now........because we have so much free time on our hands ;).......
What have you been inspired to do/try from your collection of "pins" so far?

* I just hung a canopy net over DD1's bed, which I'm going to glue "princess" gems and decorative ribbon on.
* I've bought the ribbon and I'm waiting for DH to cut the boards so I can make the ribbon shelves for DD1's room......which will hopefully clear out a large shelf in her room to make space for a book nook :)
* I bought parts at Ikea to make a hanging lamps to go on each side of the guest bed. I want to hang them off of shelf brakets, which will hold a shelf (if DH is willing to help me make it!)
* I tried one croc pot reciepe....it didn't turn out too well, but I think I can tweek it.

So what "pins" have you tried :D

g-mama
02-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I have tried several recipes that are keepers.

wencit
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Mostly recipes. I've tried pumpkin cream cheese muffins (good), salted caramel pudding pops (yummy), mini baked brie bites (meh), and chocolate peanut butter truffle brownies (out of this world delicious!). My playgroup is coming over on Friday, and I'm planning to try the baked egg boats I've seen people pinning lately.

ETA: Oh yeah, I'm also currently making the most ADORABLE lion valentines for DS1's class.

nrp
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM
The teriyaki chicken that we had for dinner tonight.
The shaving cream bath paint last night.
Painted toast with hearts this morning for breakfast.
Homemade sidewalk paint last week (that won't come up - eek!).

I am *officially* addicted!

ETA: Also did homemade pretzels and pipe cleaner cereal bracelets!

acmom
02-01-2012, 10:57 PM
-Made dry erase weekly calendar from Walmart picture frame that is working out great for meal planning and kid activities.
-Used photo arrangements ideas
-Made butterfly valentines
-Tried a lot of recipes I have pinned (crock pot dinners, holiday cookies, smoothies, muffins, soups). Some great, some not so much!

I am addicted too!

SnuggleBuggles
02-01-2012, 10:59 PM
I've been cooking more. I also made some cool b-day party favors.

AbbysMom
02-01-2012, 11:01 PM
I just baked potatoes wrapped in tin foil in my slow cooker. So delish! I did one sweet potato and 2 regular. They were perfect! Most of the other recipes I pinned from the original site because I liked them (not the other way around!)

I made valentines and then reposted the ones I made :)

I've been on Pinterest for a while so I did a bunch of holiday crafts that I had pinned. I made Guiness beer bottles into reindeer for my Dad for Christmas - he loved it! I made a snowmen wreath and we did our own gift tags and Christmas cards.

I've also done every hairstyle that I've pinned and I an honestly say that I had never done a single style (besides a basic pony) in my entire life. Thank you Pinterest!

jent
02-01-2012, 11:02 PM
A gallery wall.

Kymberley
02-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Food:
These are the keepers:
Sweet and sour chicken and fried rice
Crockpot Bolognese
Baked cream cheese spaghetti

Crafts/DIY:

Painted my old dresser black- it's now storage in our dining room
Currently making a Valentine's wreath with red felt roses.
Made art for the kitchen
Spray paint is my BFF. I have painted picture frames, tables, weather stations, candle sticks, lamps, toilet paper rolls (LOL).
Made DS's train board for Christmas
Made a moss terrarium
Got inspired to DECORATE and leave behind the college days non-decor

There are tons more, and I have 10 times as many things that I want to do. These are the ones that stick out most. Pinterest has brought out my inner crafter/DIYer, and I am LOVING it! :D

MommyAllison
02-02-2012, 12:14 AM
-Made dry erase weekly calendar from Walmart picture frame that is working out great for meal planning and kid activities.

I did this too!

Mostly recipes here. I made snow paint for the kids, and have a craft ready to go as soon as I can find my single hole punch.

MontrealMum
02-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Although I've pinned recipes like crazy, I've actually been inspired to do a small home reno project.

When we moved here 8 years ago we never thought we'd stay this long so we sort of put up with some aspects of the house which were not pressing or necessary in terms of fixing. But my long, dark hallway is driving me nuts!!!

Here in Montreal it's very common to have one very long hallway which all the rooms open off. Ours is very dark because it has (gorgeous) 5ft. high wainscoting with a sort of cherry stain. It also has hideous, darkish wallpaper above that. I wouldn't touch the wood, it's part of the charm of the house, but I've finally decided to do something to cover that darn wallpaper which will be better looking, and brighter. I'm looking at a lot of beiges and ivories ;)

Wish me luck, I've never hung wallpaper before!

newg
02-02-2012, 02:34 PM

There are tons more, and I have 10 times as many things that I want to do. These are the ones that stick out most. Pinterest has brought out my inner crafter/DIYer, and I am LOVING it! :D

Is the sweet and sour chicken a croc pot receipe? I tried a seasame chicken that was okay...chicken was too dry based on the rec. cooking time.....but it was awesome just throwing it all in!

I am completely addicted and I'm even creating a list of projects for DH now :tongue5:
It's exciting to have guidance and direction as I try to decorate the house!

kristac
02-02-2012, 03:06 PM
This thread is pointless without links and/or pictures :)

mackmama
02-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Although I've pinned recipes like crazy, I've actually been inspired to do a small home reno project.

When we moved here 8 years ago we never thought we'd stay this long so we sort of put up with some aspects of the house which were not pressing or necessary in terms of fixing. But my long, dark hallway is driving me nuts!!!

Here in Montreal it's very common to have one very long hallway which all the rooms open off. Ours is very dark because it has (gorgeous) 5ft. high wainscoting with a sort of cherry stain. It also has hideous, darkish wallpaper above that. I wouldn't touch the wood, it's part of the charm of the house, but I've finally decided to do something to cover that darn wallpaper which will be better looking, and brighter. I'm looking at a lot of beiges and ivories ;)

Wish me luck, I've never hung wallpaper before!

Awesome - can't wait to hear how it turns out. Pics please! :)

elephantmeg
02-02-2012, 03:23 PM
links please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food:
These are the keepers:
Crockpot Bolognese
Baked cream cheese spaghetti

Crafts/DIY:

Painted my old dresser black- it's now storage in our dining room
Currently making a Valentine's wreath with red felt roses.
Made art for the kitchen
Spray paint is my BFF. I have painted picture frames, tables, weather stations, candle sticks, lamps, toilet paper rolls (LOL).
Made DS's train board for Christmas
Made a moss terrarium
Got inspired to DECORATE and leave behind the college days non-decor

elephantmeg
02-02-2012, 03:35 PM
links please!

I know lots of us are on Pinterest now........because we have so much free time on our hands ;).......
What have you been inspired to do/try from your collection of "pins" so far?

* I just hung a canopy net over DD1's bed, which I'm going to glue "princess" gems and decorative ribbon on.
* I've bought the ribbon and I'm waiting for DH to cut the boards so I can make the ribbon shelves for DD1's room......which will hopefully clear out a large shelf in her room to make space for a book nook :)
* I bought parts at Ikea to make a hanging lamps to go on each side of the guest bed. I want to hang them off of shelf brakets, which will hold a shelf (if DH is willing to help me make it!)
* I tried one croc pot reciepe....it didn't turn out too well, but I think I can tweek it.

So what "pins" have you tried :D

lmwbasye
02-02-2012, 03:39 PM
This thread is pointless without links and/or pictures :)

:yeahthat:

Kymberley
02-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Recipes:

Sweet and Sour Chicken and fried rice recipes: http://pinterest.com/pin/175288610466299664/
The chicken is work intensive, but it is worth it!

Crockpot Bolognese: http://pinterest.com/pin/175288610466325815/

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti: http://pinterest.com/pin/175288610466152952/

If you want links to the crafts/DIY stuff I did, here is my DIY board. It is LOADED: http://pinterest.com/kymbertley/diy/

newg
02-02-2012, 03:51 PM
here are the shelfs I'm going to do in DD1's room: http://www.marthastewart.com/269884/ribbon-bracket-shelves?czone

The canopy that is hung and I'm going to decorate to look similar to this: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/window-pane-canopy/?pkey=dcanopies

the hanging lamps next to the guest bed: http://www.beeskneesbungalow.com/2011/06/bachmans-2011-summer-ideas-house-pt-iii.html

MontrealMum
02-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I will try to take before and after pics and update here.

newg
02-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Recipes:

Sweet and Sour Chicken and fried rice recipes: http://pinterest.com/pin/175288610466299664/
The chicken is work intensive, but it is worth it!

pinned it, thanks!

boolady
02-02-2012, 05:18 PM

Can you share the link? Thanks.

Babymakes3
02-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Mostly recipes. I've tried pumpkin cream cheese muffins (good), salted caramel pudding pops (yummy), mini baked brie bites (meh), and chocolate peanut butter truffle brownies (out of this world delicious!). My playgroup is coming over on Friday, and I'm planning to try the baked egg boats I've seen people pinning lately.

ETA: Oh yeah, I'm also currently making the most ADORABLE lion valentines for DS1's class.

Can you share the link please?! I'm looking for a super cute one!

gatorsmom
02-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Based on advice here, I am pinning all the blogs, articles, photos, and products we will be using or are getting ideas from in our new house.

Thank you to those who suggested it! It has been really helpful in keeping websites and articles organized. :cheerleader1:

infomama
02-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Cross stitch!

elephantmeg
02-03-2012, 09:52 AM
thanks everyone!

tabegle
02-03-2012, 12:13 PM
With all the DIY crafts, I've been inspired to get a paper cutter! Haven't yet, those this are too expensive for me! (Nevermind that I, too, don't have time for everything on Pinterest.:wavey:)

wencit
02-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Can you share the link please?! I'm looking for a super cute one!http://www2.fiskars.com/Activities/Crafting/Project-Gallery/Holidays-and-Seasonal/Hand-Crafted-Valentines

Scroll down to the bottom with the lion images. We're doing the easier one on the left.