PDA

View Full Version : Teacher appreciation lunch tomorrow--what should i bring for dessert?

blisstwins
02-02-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't want to do cupcakes or the easy things I can bake, so I will probably buy something. What do you think is appropriate/will be appreciated?

SnuggleBuggles
02-02-2012, 09:06 AM
I have hosted many of these. The most popular items are cookies. Non messy, easy to grab. Cake tends to not be any where near as popular, even delicious homemade cake. The only time I saw cookies and brownies not be the winners were when someone made a cheesecake. It was delicious so word of mouth spread and people came for it.

I'll tell you the biggest hit I have found this year...individual packs of roasted almonds from Trader Joe's.

LD92599
02-02-2012, 09:16 AM
A trifle! So easy to make, very variable and looks/tastes 10x harder than it is!

Pennylane
02-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Cookies, lemon bars, or anything that can be easily eaten.

Ann

lil_acorn
02-02-2012, 09:35 AM
How about a fruit salad? If others are also bringing baked items, I always love it when there's fresh fruit!

Green_Tea
02-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Cookies. And I think it's fine to buy them. From what I've heard, some teachers prefer store bought food to homemade.

SnuggleBuggles
02-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Cookies. And I think it's fine to buy them. From what I've heard, some teacher prefer store bought food to homemade.

Probably varies by school. At ours, the store bought stuff goes last (if it all). I have started specifying homemade when I organize staff appreciation events. I always have plenty of store bought things the non-bakers can contribute. We have excellent bakers though so it'd be a shame not to use their talents.

ilfaith
02-02-2012, 01:51 PM
If you do want to bake, these mini cheesecakes are super easy. I sometimes top them with fruit and sometimes add mini chocolate chips.

http://www.bakerella.com/super-easy-mini-cherry-cheesecakes/

I usually combine them with these...

http://thatskinnychickcanbake.blogspot.com/2010/12/mini-chocolate-cheesecakes.html

They're one of those desserts that look impressive (because they are so little and cute) but are embarrassingly simple to make.

KLD313
02-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Cheesecake Brownies are really good.