PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Question - Any way to NOT be suggested as a friend?

Pinky
02-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Is there any way to setup your Facebook account so that you are never recommended as a friend to other people?

I have two separate FB accounts... one for "everybody that I've ever known" and one for close friends. I don't want my "close friends" account to constantly be suggested to "everybody" because then they will wonder why I have the second account and try to friend me. It seems like FB is suggesting me to all of my close friends' friends and I'm not sure how to stop that.

I know you can turn down friendship requests, but I have a real hard time doing that. And I know that I could just setup my "everybody" FB account with groups so that certain people can see certain stuff, but I don't trust that down the road FB won't change something and the groups will all get combined. So, it just makes me feel better to have two separate accounts. One I use for general updates and keeping up with work colleagues, school friends and general acquaintances. The other I feel comfortable just rambling about every day stuff with close friends that not every one I've ever known really needs to read on a daily basis. ;-)

Thoughts? I'm guessing there is no way to do this but I figured I'd ask in case I've just missed it.

mikala
02-02-2012, 02:36 PM
One of my friends handled this by using a nonsense name on her personal account. It probably still suggests her nonsense account to her casual friends but it wouldn't be obvious to them that she is Jane Smith.