PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Confessions

MamaMolly
02-02-2012, 05:48 PM
It is rush hour. I'm parked, waiting to pick up my uncle who is in town visiting. I have a raging sinus infection, dinner isn't ready, my kids are choking down on Pringles and chocolate milk in their car seats.

AND I'm wearing yoga pants.

So there.

lovin2shop
02-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Thong, Commando, or VPL?

Just kidding!

ETA: Hope you feel better soon!

Giantbear
02-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Thong, Commando, or VPL?

Just kidding!

ETA: Hope you feel better soon!
:popc1:

gatorsmom
02-02-2012, 05:54 PM
I just ate half a bag of Newman's Mint Chocolate cookies that I had intended for my kids' lunchboxes.

The chicken for dinner istn' even taken out of the freezer yet, much less thawed.

I convinced my DH that it would be much easier if I used a temporary agency to help us find an employee rather than me putting out a newspaper ad and sorting through a hundred resumes myself (and it might be easier but it certainly won't be cheaper).

And I'm wearing yoga pants. :waving4:

ETA: Oops, I thought this was an add-on confession thread. Hope you feel better soon, MamaMolly! Can you pick up dinner on the way home??

Giantbear
02-02-2012, 05:57 PM
sick with a bad cold, told the wife i am ordering chinese instead of making the chicken i promised, pushing off bath night to tomorrow and am wearing ripped khakis and a t-shirt at the office.

Just one of those days

wimama
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I ate way to many of DS's 365 Oreos yesterday and I like them better than JoJos. I am wearing comfy scrubs and I will be putting my yoga pants on when I get home. I have no idea what we will have for dinner.

Kymberley
02-02-2012, 06:09 PM
DH is home with his arm in a cast after his reconstructive surgery, and he's been a busy little bee. I told him to try to take a nap so I wouldn't pull my hair out. He is.

I have no idea what to make for dinner. I'm wearing sweat pants and a t shirt that are both dirty. All of my other clothes are still sitting in the washing machine waiting to be dried. DS is still in pajamas. At 5:00 pm. There is a HUGE pile of dirty dishes waiting to be washed. It's been an exhausting, stressful week.

Jo..
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I am wearing the same clothes I wore yesterday. I may or may not smell bad. I have a friend's kid plus my own two playing outside, and I am ignoring them. In my small rental yard. I am just praying that they don't climb the fence.

SnuggleBuggles
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
1. I didn't feel like making breakfast for ds1 so I handed him a Kashi granola bar.
2. I am pretending that ds2 ate something more than french fries for lunch (but I know he didn't).
3. I went to the store to make stuff for homemade pizza. I got home, got on the computer and now there isn't time to make it. I have no back up dinner plan (we were making the dough from scratch).
4. I have officially driven my volunteers on my committee crazy with my indecision and email addiction.
5. I am not even wearing pants as nice as yoga pants- these are black, bummy, lounge pants.
eta-
I too have had laundry in the washing machine for several days and 5 loads waiting to be put away.
7. Dinner will be mono chromatic- scrambled eggs, TJ's crescent rolls and bananas.

Jo..
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I have a raging sinus infection

Fish antibiotics. $4 will clear that infection

mctlaw
02-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I ate about 8 packs of DS's Welch fruit gummies today. I really need to quit it since my next Gestational diabetes test is next week.

Trigglet
02-02-2012, 06:50 PM
I am still in my pyjamas, DS is just in a diaper and t-shirt (it's so d@mn hot here!), and I have just finished a box of cheezits. I have no plan for dinner and I have persuaded 22-month old DS to push the stick vacuum around to pick up the cheezit crumbs. :bag

pinkmomagain
02-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I am still in my pyjamas, DS is just in a diaper and t-shirt (it's so d@mn hot here!), and I have just finished a box of cheezits. I have no plan for dinner and I have persuaded 22-month old DS to push the stick vacuum around to pick up the cheezit crumbs. :bag

This made me giggle!

malphy
02-02-2012, 07:33 PM
I am sick as a dog with sinus infection, ear infection and now probably strep. I also have a migraine and am having a hard time breathing w/o coughing so I am laying down. Dd's dinner was party mix. I feel bad about that but I cannot even attempt anything else.

Can someone please put me out of my misery........

KLD313
02-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Mine is bad...my Christmas tree is still up and it's real!

elizabethkott
02-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I just vacuumed the baby in the high chair to clean up the crumbs and such from dinner.

I am wearing yoga pants, and have been all week. To work. Granted, I've been teaching a unit on Stage Combat, but that's just in my morning classes, and theoretically I could change into more professional attire after second period... but I've been choosing not to.

I fully intend to finish the bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs tonight before DH gets home from happy hour with his friends.

misshollygolightly
02-02-2012, 08:02 PM

:ROTFLMAO: Oh no! That *is* bad! Isn't it dropping needles all over your floor???

If it makes anyone feel better, 7 mo DD rolled off the bed today. I *knew* it was going to happen...I shouldn't have left her there even though I was in the same room. Argh. Stupid mommy. Fortunately, no real damage done, but still...made me feel bad when she looked at me through her tears with that expression like "Why, mommy? Why would you not protect me from the hard, hard floor???"

MamaMolly
02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
It is official. I love you guys!!!!!!!! Here is to us :54:

As for my unmentionables, I'm going full out with VPL. Poor DH, my butt's not been flossed for years. Unless wedgies count. ;)

KLD313
02-02-2012, 08:08 PM
:ROTFLMAO: Oh no! That *is* bad! Isn't it dropping needles all over your floor???

Yes!oRnaments are falling off too. I'm 10 wks pregnant and sooo nauseous and tired and just don't care. Some presents are still under there too. LOL!

SnuggleBuggles
02-02-2012, 08:15 PM
It is official. I love you guys!!!!!!!! Here is to us :54:

As for my unmentionables, I'm going full out with VPL. Poor DH, my butt's not been flossed for years. Unless wedgies count. ;)

Dh surprised the heck out of me the other day and said he doesn't find thongs- on anyone!- attractive. I had no idea! Here I thought I was going the extra bit on the sexy front on date night and such and he doesn't even like them.

boogiemomz
02-02-2012, 08:23 PM
I just put DD to bed after a long, napless day. There are dirty dishes in the sink and food all over the floor. And it's all sitting there while I drink wine and watch TV.

Oh, and I've been rocking the VPL with my yoga pants for a while now. Right now, in fact. And my DH loves thongs. :p

Jacksmommy2b
02-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I have been so queasy for the past week and a half, my poor kids have eaten happy meals twice, more bowls of cereal than I can count and micro dinners twice. (and I never, ever feed them those!)

My poor 5 y/o asked for fresh fish at the grocery yesterday and I bribed him with a cupcake to forget about it. I know I would not be able to handle the smell.

hellokitty
02-02-2012, 08:43 PM
DS3 watched a lot of netflix today. He is at the point right now where he doesn't want to nap anymore, and I am not dealing with it well. I really need that downtime in the afternoon from Mr. Intensity and it's really difficult for me to get anything done around the house when he is constantly whining and throwing tantrums. So, I let him watch tv (which he likes), and I decided to purge and re-organize my main pantry cabinet in my kitchen as well as the deep cavernous cabinet above it. I do feel bad, b/c I gave him a bunch of snacks and let him watch tv while I was working in the kitchen and I got annoyed with him when he ran off with one of my vacuum attachments. He doesn't, "get" the concept of quiet time yet.

kellij
02-02-2012, 08:51 PM
My almost 2-year-old is sitting on the couch, glued to Blue's Clues. I'd like to entertain him, but I need a break.

He hasn't gotten dressed for more than 2 minutes today before he decided to take off his clothes again. I am about to pick up my daughter from dance and he'll just have his 2 little mismatched too small socks on.

And while I don't have on yoga pants, I do have on maternity jeans that I have to go change because I just coughed and peed on myself. Lovely.

marymoo86
02-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Target lounge pants that my DH always loves to call my "samurai" pants, nursing tank, and eating cereal for dinner after an appetizer of organic animal crackers.

Might have a glass of wine for dessert.

jgenie
02-02-2012, 09:14 PM

I just vacuumed the baby in the high chair to clean up the crumbs and such from dinner.

Poor DH, my butt's not been flossed for years. Unless wedgies count. ;)

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

- I took the trash to the curb in my pjs - no bra, no robe, glasses and hair unbrushed. I was just going to carry a dirty diaper to the garage looked down and thought my solid colored fleece pjs might pass for sweats so out I went.

- I have had 3 snack packs of Oreos today

mommylamb
02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
DH was really losing it with DS tonight over little things. I'm usually the disciplinarian and DS idolizes DH. I was kind of enjoying being the "good guy" parent for a change. I even read DS extra bedtime stories just because...

I'm at that point in my pregnancy where DS2 is totally pushing on my bladder, I have no pelvic floor muscles to speak of and I have a terrible cough. You know the rest. I think I'm going to sleep with a pad on.

Tomorrow is my last day of work before maternity leave starts. Even though I'll be 39 weeks, I just don't feel like he's ready to come yet. I bet I could go to work on Monday. But I won't.

SkyrMommy
02-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I just ate a second bowl of icecream today, because it was the ONLY thing that sounded good to eat!

... and I totally handed over the iPad to DD today to play ElmoABC's just so I could take a nap because she just.would.not.stop.talking!!! So I fell asleep listening to Elmo chant "pick a letter"!

SnuggleBuggles
02-02-2012, 10:17 PM
- I took the trash to the curb in my pjs - no bra, no robe, glasses and hair unbrushed. I was just going to carry a dirty diaper to the garage looked down and thought my solid colored fleece pjs might pass for sweats so out I went.

I do that every week.
eta- and many days I do that in the morning to take ds1 to the bus stop. We are the only ones at our bus stop...not a social situation at all. It is on a busy-ish street corner so I am sure people have seen me looking pretty awesome. Like the day I had on leopard print PJ pants, polka dot rain boots and dh's giant parka.

Giantbear
02-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Dh surprised the heck out of me the other day and said he doesn't find thongs- on anyone!- attractive. I had no idea! Here I thought I was going the extra bit on the sexy front on date night and such and he doesn't even like them.you want to wow him, go commando..... trust me, he will love it

lmh2402
02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
i am sitting on the couch with a tub of WF honey roasted PB, a tub of chocolate chips, and a spoon.

elizabethkott
02-02-2012, 11:23 PM
i am sitting on the couch with a tub of WF honey roasted PB, a tub of chocolate chips, and a spoon.

Where do you live, and can I come over? I'll bring my own spoon.

twowhat?
02-02-2012, 11:47 PM
I just had 2 slices of dessert. A slice of key lime pie and a slice of carrot cake. And I ate them in bed. The empty plate with crumbs is still here, sitting next to me on our white duvet cover. Thanks MIL for the sweet treats:)

I got SO tired of being at the computer at work - sitting for so long that the only times I got up were to pee or to make my office light turn back on (since it turns off if there is no movement) - that once I finished what I needed to finish, I went to Target. :bag I got clearance sweaters for DH! And Chapstick, 4 for $2!!!

lalasmama
02-03-2012, 01:22 AM

Hey! That was my dinner tonight, but M&Ms instead of chocolate chips! I managed to get DD some chicken nuggets (she's been begging) and corn and milk and an apple. It's the most "balanced" meal she's had this week.

Other random Thursday confessions...

A coworker wanted me to draw blood for her patient, because she feels like she asks someone else too much. I told her I didn't have time. But she *always* asks me, and she hadn't tried yet--and the patient has HUGE veins! Seriously-they stay where they are supposed to, and they pop right up, and they nearly have signs that say "POKE ME HERE!" She just needs to freaking DO IT herself! Really, I was busy doing this --> :boogie: to "Ice Ice Baby" on the radio online (but she didn't see that part!). I'll go back to helping her tomorrow. Maybe.

DD didn't want to study her spelling words. I told her that she wouldn't be able to go on to 3rd grade if she couldn't spell "just", "sunny", and "weather". (FWIW, she can spell the words correctly, she just was trying to assert her control.)

I told DD no more fast food during the week. She doesn't need to know that I had Taco Bell today while she was at school, right?

I didn't wear yoga pants to work, but I did open the door and grab the mail on the porch in my jammie pants and a sports bra after work.... and I'm chunky. Hope the (young 20-something, "never gonna have kids!") couple across the street enjoyed the show as much as I enjoy their weekend parties!

Oh, and to go with my PB and M&M dinner (after DD was in bed), I had too many Club crackers (mmmmmm) to count. It's a good thing I didn't calorie count today...

kozachka
02-03-2012, 01:57 AM
DS and I went out to a Thai restaurant for dinner after his swim class as neither of us could stand the thought of having same-old-same food that DH froze for us before leaving the country for 3 weeks in our cold house. DS practiced math facts there, too. And went to bed at least half an hour late.

I had pastry with coffee for lunch and a cupcake just before leaving the office. And a bunch of peanut M&Ms during project meeting with boss this afternoon. Way too much sugar/empty calaries. At least I had salad with fish for lunch. I am about to have a glass of wine while watching Private Practice, and maybe wash dishes from breakfast.

There are three piles of clothes in my bedroom - large one of clothes that need to be hand washed, medium one of clothes that need to be put away into the closet and a small one (3-4 shirts) of clothes that need to be ironed. I am pretty sure the hand washing pile will not be taken care of before DH's arrival in 8 days. I'd probably just shove it someplace.

mom3boys
02-03-2012, 02:36 AM
We ordered pizza, which I let the boys eat on the couch while watching TV. I came down to greet the pizza guy wearing the clothes I wore yesterday and holding a naked baby.

Then after I got done putting 3 kids to bed and cleaning up, I was supposed to work on a presentation I need to give on Monday, but instead I ate the boys' discarded pizza bits along with the free soda that came with the pizza, and watched American Idol and "Hoarders".

mjs64
02-03-2012, 02:55 AM
[QUOTE=misshollygolightly;

If it makes anyone feel better, 7 mo DD rolled off the bed today. I *knew* it was going to happen...I shouldn't have left her there even though I was in the same room. Argh. Stupid mommy. Fortunately, no real damage done, but still...made me feel bad when she looked at me through her tears with that expression like "Why, mommy? Why would you not protect me from the hard, hard floor???"[/QUOTE]

Another fall, my fault:

DS fell out of the stroller today as I was reading the manual to figure out how to adjust the harness. Ask me why I had him in it as I was adjusting it. Actually, don't. He was okay, thank god.

boolady
02-03-2012, 12:22 PM
It's already Friday, but since I didn't see this thread last night, I have to contribute. We had KFC for dinner. I have not had KFC in probably 15 years, and I savored every disgusting bite. DD loved her chicken strips, and I thought DH was going to keel over (this was before he ate 4 pieces of original recipe) when he realized what I had brought home.

This is what happens when you're running really late, and it's the only thing on your side of a divided highway.