PDA

View Full Version : Never Mind - found info: How do I find out what this is about?

randomkid
02-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I looked at a different credit reporting agency's report and found out who ordered the collection. It is the utilities company for our rental house. We had non-paying renters that we had to have evicted and I am guessing that somehow this payment was missed (we had to pay the utilities when they left). The payment was from 2006 - you think they could have asked us to pay it - they never sent us a bill! Ugh - one more thing to deal with!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have discovered that a collection agency has done a credit check on me. All I know is the name of the collection agency and that the balance is for $36. I had to look online to find out what kind of company it is because it just had the name, address and phone number listed. I tried several times to call the number listed and it rings twice, then disconnects me. For the life of me, I cannot imagine what would have been $36 that I haven't paid. If they have called here, they haven't left a message and they haven't sent any letters, notices, etc. I am NOT happy about having this on my credit report and want to get rid of it. How am I supposed to do that if I can't settle this (supposed) debt?