PDA

View Full Version : Another thread about 5th bday parties

HIU8
02-03-2012, 06:55 PM
DD turns 5 the day after preschool ends this year. So far, everyone has been doing the same as in years past--inviting 15-25 kids (classmates and friends). I really did not want to have to do that again. I am trying to steer DD to a much smaller party (5-6 kids). Here is my problem. She wants a makeover party (painting fingernails and dress up). We have a close friend whose 4 yr old son I cannot leave out of a bday party for DD, but how can I invite a little boy to a girly themed party? I really do not want to have to make a huge gender neutral party just so this little boy can be invited. His mom is one of my best friends though and he and DD play together a lot. Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

SnuggleBuggles
02-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Run it by his mom. My ds1 went to tea with his little girlfriend that had dress up stuff. Ds1 really enjoyed it. :) I'm sure he could just play vs having his nails painted and plenty of the party would be fair game (cake, maybe other activities, playing together).

kochh2
02-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Maybe he'd like some face paint or temp. tattoos??? I've seen that done for similar parties!!

mom_hanna
02-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Adding to pp, maybe have some temporary hair color spray so he can make his hair fun colors? That and temp tattoos and my 5 year old ds would be ALL OVER that.

HIU8
02-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Adding to pp, maybe have some temporary hair color spray so he can make his hair fun colors? That and temp tattoos and my 5 year old ds would be ALL OVER that.

I LOVE this idea. His parents are very straight laced, rigid, conservative ppl and I know they would HATE this (esp his father), but my DD really wants a makeover type of party and I'm only inviting 4 friends, 2 cousins and a neighbor so it is manageable. No more outsourced parties for us. They literally break the bank!