PDA

View Full Version : Cold Cream- thoughts?

Kymberley
02-04-2012, 02:12 PM
I've finally come to accept that my skin will never be the same since having DS. I use Cetaphil bar soap to wash, and Cerave cream to moisturize. I still have dry, flaky skin on my face. the Cetaphil and Cerave actually burn the skin on my cheeks a bit. I don't want to see a Dermatologist, but I'm getting to the point where I'm so completely frustrated that I just might have to.

While googling ideas, i came across several articles recommending cold cream. Ponds, specifically. I don't really care about skin database stuff. Really, I just want to know if it works. I need moisture and gentle cleansing. I've tried the olive oil + caster oil routine, and it dried me out as well, if you can believe it. I've tried so many things, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try the cold cream. Anyone have experience?

nmosur
02-04-2012, 03:28 PM
My suggestion would be to see a dermatologist if the skin on your face is flaky AND Cetaphil and Cerave burn your cheeks. It could be some sort of reaction you are having to the products you are using.

EllasMum
02-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I use Cetaphil liquid to wash my face, and then just recently (maybe a month?) started using an alcohol-free toner (Roc perfecting toner, specifically) and do not have those flaky patches. I used to get the flaky patches every winter, until I started using the toner. It has worked wonders!