PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer down jacket $35

DrSally
02-05-2012, 03:53 PM
YMMV, but IN STORE, clearance was 50% off at my Eddie Bauer. That included this down jacket, which worked out to $35!
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=40059&&categoryId=462&categoryName=JACKETS-BLAZERS--OUTERWEAR&pCategoryId=27479&pCategoryName=WOMENS-CLEARANCE-OVERSTOCK-OUTLET&gpCategoryId=22854&gpCategoryName=CLEARANCE&ggpCategoryId=1&ggpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=462~~categoryName=JACKETS-BLAZERS--OUTERWEAR~~pCategoryId=27479~~pCategoryName=WOMENS-CLEARANCE-OVERSTOCK-OUTLET~~gpCategoryId=22854~~gpCategoryName=CLEARAN CE~~ggpCategoryId=1~~ggpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=null&pg=1
It's 550 down fill, which is on par with their warmest jackets. It's quite warm, although it is only waist length. Other nice features are super soft sherpa lined collar and pockets (that zip). I really like it, esp. for the price. I normally go for more subdued colors, but the bronze looked quite washed out IMO. Reviews say it looks good on blondes though. I got the bright olive, which is kind of like a chartreuse, but really looks like the color of EVOO if you look closely. Not sure what color accessories to wear w/ it. Navy?
The bright olive is not showing up now online, but they may have it in your store.

I did not see the red in person. Normally, I really like red, so that could be an option too if you see it in store. Runs TTS (no sizing down). They also had the same style in a vest for $24 after discount.
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=40058&&categoryId=462&categoryName=JACKETS-BLAZERS--OUTERWEAR&pCategoryId=27479&pCategoryName=WOMENS-CLEARANCE-OVERSTOCK-OUTLET&gpCategoryId=22854&gpCategoryName=CLEARANCE&ggpCategoryId=1&ggpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=462~~categoryName=JACKETS-BLAZERS--OUTERWEAR~~pCategoryId=27479~~pCategoryName=WOMENS-CLEARANCE-OVERSTOCK-OUTLET~~gpCategoryId=22854~~gpCategoryName=CLEARAN CE~~ggpCategoryId=1~~ggpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=null&pg=1

Oh, If you click on the link for the vest, you can see all the colors.

I also ordered these pants in Riverrock
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=41187&&categoryId=466&categoryName=PANTS-CAPRIS--SHORTS&pCategoryId=27479&pCategoryName=WOMENS-CLEARANCE-OVERSTOCK-OUTLET&gpCategoryId=22854&gpCategoryName=CLEARANCE&ggpCategoryId=1&ggpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=466~~categoryName=PANTS-CAPRIS--SHORTS~~pCategoryId=27479~~pCategoryName=WOMENS-CLEARANCE-OVERSTOCK-OUTLET~~gpCategoryId=22854~~gpCategoryName=CLEARAN CE~~ggpCategoryId=1~~ggpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=null&pg=1

And these in cream and fennel
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=40470&&categoryId=466&categoryName=PANTS-CAPRIS--SHORTS&pCategoryId=27479&pCategoryName=WOMENS-CLEARANCE-OVERSTOCK-OUTLET&gpCategoryId=22854&gpCategoryName=CLEARANCE&ggpCategoryId=1&ggpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=466~~categoryName=PANTS-CAPRIS--SHORTS~~pCategoryId=27479~~pCategoryName=WOMENS-CLEARANCE-OVERSTOCK-OUTLET~~gpCategoryId=22854~~gpCategoryName=CLEARAN CE~~ggpCategoryId=1~~ggpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=null&pg=1

We shall see, as I've never had great luck with the EB curvy fit--makes my hips look big. But you definitely need to size down at least a whole size in EB pants. The petites are supposed to be smaller overall, as well.

DrSally
02-05-2012, 03:54 PM
ETA: Pants were both 14.99 a piece. Also, if you order online in store (via phone or computer), you get free ship. Prices for coats/vests were lower in store though. Also, free online returns to store.

solsister
02-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Oooh, cute! How do you get the free shipping?

DrSally
02-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Free ship if you order in store via phone or computer

nupe
02-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Re: down jacket, do you know how it compared to LE?

DrSally
02-09-2012, 11:47 PM
I don,t have the LE one, but have tried it on, i think the fabric and down fill are comparable. Obviously, the length is short and there's no hood. I really like it for riding around in the car.

nupe
02-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I went and tracked one of the coats down. It was a small. I wear a small in LEC for outerwear and a XS in LE for outerwear, and that allows for a big sweater underneath. THe EB coat was tighter that I would have liked in the small. Suprised about the fit. Sadly, no mediums. Nice looking coat, muchmore flattering than the other short styles they had there. Good find!

DrSally
02-10-2012, 09:36 PM
I went and tracked one of the coats down. It was a small. I wear a small in LEC for outerwear and a XS in LE for outerwear, and that allows for a big sweater underneath. THe EB coat was tighter that I would have liked in the small. Suprised about the fit. Sadly, no mediums. Nice looking coat, muchmore flattering than the other short styles they had there. Good find!

Too bad. I think the mediums are going to be in short supply. I wear a small in LEc too, but a med fit perfectly in the EB jacket. The sherpa on the collar and cuffs/pockets is so heavenly.

nupe
02-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Found another warmer style in a medium, it's avacado green and I think it's a good color for me. The only thing I don't like is that the faux fur around the hood velcroes on.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=40604&colorId=699&categoryId=462&categoryName=JACKETS-BLAZERS--OUTERWEAR&pCategoryId=22451&pCategoryName=CLEARANCE&gpCategoryId=3&gpCategoryName=WOMEN&ggpCategoryId=1&ggpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=462~~categoryName=JACKETS-BLAZERS--OUTERWEAR~~pCategoryId=22451~~pCategoryName=CLEARA NCE~~gpCategoryId=3~~gpCategoryName=WOMEN~~ggpCate goryId=1~~ggpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=null&pg=1

DrSally
02-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Found another warmer style in a medium, it's avacado green and I think it's a good color for me. The only thing I don't like is that the faux fur around the hood velcroes on.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=40604&colorId=699&categoryId=462&categoryName=JACKETS-BLAZERS--OUTERWEAR&pCategoryId=22451&pCategoryName=CLEARANCE&gpCategoryId=3&gpCategoryName=WOMEN&ggpCategoryId=1&ggpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=462~~categoryName=JACKETS-BLAZERS--OUTERWEAR~~pCategoryId=22451~~pCategoryName=CLEARA NCE~~gpCategoryId=3~~gpCategoryName=WOMEN~~ggpCate goryId=1~~ggpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=null&pg=1
I like that one too. It looks warmer and i like the sheen.

nupe
02-15-2012, 07:36 PM

Decided to return it, way too puffy.

I did find an awesome pair of cords, in the curvy fit boot cut cords, in the cerise. I had to size down at EB compared to other stores. They fit great in store, hoping they don't shrink too much.
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=40468&se=1&cl=1&cs=1
The velveteen trouser pants were nice too.

DrSally
02-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Impressed you found the cords in Cerise. I l ove that color. Unfortunately, that fit does not look good on me. I kept 2 pair of velveteen trousers--one in cream and one in gray. I like the cut/fit.

DrSally
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Also, have you checked LE? Lots of people like their shimmer down coat or luxe down coat.

nupe
02-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Also, have you checked LE? Lots of people like their shimmer down coat or luxe down coat.

Umm, yes. I tried on almost every one of their down coats in fall 2010 and settled on the LE Canvas cream colored one. The cream coat actually looks less puffy than the EB one.
http://www.polyvore.com/womens_hooded_down_coat/thing?id=26686126

I also have down from Isis (and Mountain Hardwear on the way). I'm always cold even when it's not that cold. Down keeps me from freezing.

nupe
02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I kept 2 pair of velveteen trousers--one in cream and one in gray. I like the cut/fit.

I found a couple of those too, much looser of a cut than the curvy cords. Some of the reviewers said the velveteen trousers sagged in the bottom as the day wore on. Have you seen that?

DrSally
02-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Oh boy, I haven't figured out what to wear mine with yet, so I haven't done more than try on. Mine are not snug, they fit perfectlt as is. So, if there is stretching, I'm in trouble. I hate droopy butt.

nupe
02-20-2012, 11:07 AM
We shall see, as I've never had great luck with the EB curvy fit--makes my hips look big. But you definitely need to size down at least a whole size in EB pants. The petites are supposed to be smaller overall, as well.

I have to agree with you, the EB curvy fit is too curvy for me, and I thought I was curvy. I really appreciate the fit of last year's LEC cords now. Too bad I already washed the EB ones though...I'll wear with longer tops or jackets, and I liked the colors I got. I haven't tried this year's LEC cords but I read they fit differently so it's probably just as well.