PDA

View Full Version : best infant car seat

sh3rylanne
02-05-2012, 05:29 PM
NEW mama on the way!

i'm looking for the best infant car seat.

what do you guys recommend from your experience?!

TwoBees
02-05-2012, 05:36 PM
I think the word "best" is very subjective. It really depends on what features you are looking for. But the Chicco Keyfit 30 (we LOVED ours) and the Graco Snugrides are very well loved around here.

AnnieW625
02-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I had a Graco Snugride 22 (no longer made, but you might still be able to find a frint adjust one discounted somewhere though) and it was okay, but I really liked the Graco Safe Seat (now the Snugride 35) with DD2 so much more. I liked the larger height and weight limits on the seat and DD2 was able to use it until she was 16 months old vs. DD1 outgrowing the SR22 at 7 months old. I went with Graco because that was the recommended seat by the Baby Bargains book recommended.

Like the PP said it is all subjective. When DD1 was a baby we had a hand me down Evenflo seat that was pretty bare bones for an infant seat, but DH actually preferred that seat because if the carry handle.

It doesn't get many raves or much talk around here but we know a few people who have the Baby Trend seat and really like it.

edurnemk
02-05-2012, 07:16 PM
The car seat techs will tell you that the best seat is the one that best fits your car and that you use correctly every time (i.e. ease of use for YOU).

I had a Graco SafeSeat (now the Snugride) and liked it. I'll be purchasing a new one for this baby since the Graco is close to expiring, my original choices where Chicco Keyfit and Graco Snugride 30 or 35 (actually the Teutonia which is the same thing with nicer fabric). But there's a new one out there with a lot of fans: Cybex Aton and I'm now seriously considering it.

ETA. If it matters to you Graco is the brand that is compatible with almost 100% of strollers, though more can take the Chicco now than a couple of years back.

SoCalMommy
02-06-2012, 02:37 AM
I agree with the PP. It depends on your needs, but we love our Graco Snigride 35. It was highly rated from Baby Bargains and we have no complaints. We got two bases (one for me and one for DH) and the Snap N' Go for our stroller. Many parents suggested to go that route instead of a bulky travel system. It was great to just pop the seat into the stroller or car and not have to move the baby (especially if sleeping!)

I would buy again, except it is heavier than the original Graco and Snugride 32. We stopped taking the entire seat out once our DD got bigger since it was too heavy to lug around with her in it, but we are still using it and she is almost 15 months old!

Congrats!

trcy
02-06-2012, 11:33 AM
We went with the Graco Snugride 35 and have no complaints. I don't have any others to compare it to though. It did get heavy as DD got older and eventually I just left it in my vehicle. I would go to BRU and 'play with' the seat you are considering.