PDA

View Full Version : Petty gripe....

Melaine
02-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm bummed that BIL is having a superbowl party and he invited DH and not the rest of us. I mean, it's true that DH is a football fan and I could not be LESS of a fan. But, I am a fan of parties and a fan of food. I am a fan of getting out of the house to go somewhere besides the pharmacy and the library. I'm a fan of being invited to something that isn't a playdate.

I'll admit right now after a pretty stressful week I would dearly love to go to someone else's house and eat food that isn't leftovers that I cooked myself in the first place.

I encouraged DH to go and I'm glad he went, don't get me wrong. I just feel glum eating my leftover chicken soup while DDs debate the order of the alphabet (yes, that is really the conversation we are having).

bekahjean
02-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Ahhh, I'm sorry. He really should have invited the whole family, especially since he is family! My feelings would have been hurt by that. I hope you get a chance to get some time to yourself later in the week!

KLD313
02-05-2012, 08:23 PM
That's odd. Was it just men that were invited? I would be upset too.

crl
02-05-2012, 08:31 PM
I think that is strange. I'm sorry.

Catherine

wellyes
02-05-2012, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't be upset, male bonding is no less important than female friendships. HOWEVER. The man definitely owes you one.

Melaine
02-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I think it was adults only, I'm quite sure it wasn't just guys.

In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't go. Last week I had some kind of weird stomach thing (felt like a flash back to the first trimester) and I was tons better yesterday. I haven't felt great today but tonight I feel YUCK. Knowing I have to take the glucose test in the morning is NOT HELPING me feel better! Eating super bowl food would have been a big mistake, I feel gross even after just eating chicken soup.