PDA

View Full Version : Great book deals - Karen Katz Easter pack $2.50

tigs4999
02-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Walmart has a bunch of clearance books. There are some notecards and adult books, but the highlight (for me at least). Easter 3 packs - Karen Katz, bear, and Little Quack all on clearance for $2.50 each (normally $19.99). Free shipping to store. These will make awesome Easter gifts. They also have a Dora 4 pack, a little quack 4pack, and a backyardigans 4 pack for $2.50. For the younger set there are several stuffed books for that price, and a bathtub book. They also have a 3 different books that convert into a playmat and cardboard vehicle. At $2.50 each, a pretty good deal seemingly. Here is the link to the list of books. http://www.walmart.com/cp/Top-Values/1091844?

longamkl
02-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Great deals! Thanks so much! Even if it does mean a trip to the store. By the way, we also have the Bedtime Bugs pop-up book and it's adorable. I happily paid $6.00 to get four more of those books.

Melaine
02-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Oh thanks! Wonder when these would come? I have a baby shower on Sunday!

maybeebaby08
02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks OP! Great deal! DD loves Dora and picked up a few other books too.

Melaine
02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm confused by the ones that say "Baby Book: Cow", etc. They all say "Format: DVD" when you put them in the cart.

jerigirl
02-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm confused by the ones that say "Baby Book: Cow", etc. They all say "Format: DVD" when you put them in the cart.

All of the books that I ordered said DVD. They also made me confirm that I was over 17 since they weren't rated. I got the Katz gift pack, and the Bear gift pack for DS1 and the space book and Hug Hug.

hellokitty
02-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks, I didn't need any easter books, but I got the three different science encyclopedias for DS1, the bug book set for nephew (these books are GREAT, we have two of them and my older boys loved them, unfortunately, they have torn out a lot of the pop ups, this is a great price) and the two hardy boys collections. Plus, I just got a $10 promo WM GC for renewing our newspaper subscription, so that helped too!

longamkl
02-06-2012, 02:57 PM

I saw that too. I just figured it was an error but I won't be too upset if they end up being DVD's.

jerigirl
02-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks, I didn't need any easter books, but I got the three different science encyclopedias for DS1, the bug book set for nephew (these books are GREAT, we have two of them and my older boys loved them, unfortunately, they have torn out a lot of the pop ups, this is a great price) and the two hardy boys collections. Plus, I just got a $10 promo WM GC for renewing our newspaper subscription, so that helped too!

Thanks for the recs. I just went back and placed a second order :bag

JanBaby
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks OP! Picked up the Bug set and Backyardigan set for DD, the bath set for DS and two of the gift sets for baby showers. Great deals!

ohiomom1121
02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Does anyone have the Fun with (math, phonics, drawing and painting) books? I can't find any description anywhere to see what ages they are appropriate for. There are some amazing deals, thanks OP.

elbenn
02-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks, OP! I got the bug book set--great deal! I also ordered some other books. The Bear Snores On book set it also a great deal.

musicalgrl
02-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I wish I could see what the gift sets are like...I wonder if they're the individual board books in some kind of outer packaging? We love the Bear books here and I am thinking of stocking up for the gift closet!

elbenn
02-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I wish I could see what the gift sets are like...I wonder if they're the individual board books in some kind of outer packaging? We love the Bear books here and I am thinking of stocking up for the gift closet!

You can always return them if you don't like them. You would already be at the store! I guess you should check their return policy first (in case they are mail return only).

musicalgrl
02-06-2012, 04:20 PM
You can always return them if you don't like them. You would already be at the store! I guess you should check their return policy first (in case they are mail return only).

I agree! For those prices, it's worth it to me to take a chance. I checked their return policy:

For Items Sold by Walmart.com
You can return most merchandise to either a store or by mail within 90 days of receiving it.

Depending on how you paid for an item, an associate will issue a credit card credit, a cash refund or a store credit in the form of a Walmart Gift Card.

Thanks OP!!

Daphnecita
02-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks OP! We love book deals

twotimesblue
02-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Wow, great deals! I'd love to stock up (DS is an avid reader) but the shipping is outrageous... $39 on a $42 order! I don't have a store near me to collect from. Any ideas???

elbenn
02-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Wow, great deals! I'd love to stock up (DS is an avid reader) but the shipping is outrageous... $39 on a $42 order! I don't have a store near me to collect from. Any ideas???

Any store near any family members that would be willing to pick it up and that you will be seeing soon? If so, when you check out, there is a place you can put in an alternate name for someone else to pick up the order.

Momit
02-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Super excited about these deals! Thanks, OP! Got 5 of the Bear Snores On sets for baby gifts, plus the science encyclopedias, bug pop ups, fold out books and Hardy Boys.

Momit
02-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Any store near any family members that would be willing to pick it up and that you will be seeing soon? If so, when you check out, there is a place you can put in an alternate name for someone else to pick up the order.

Yes I've had my mom and various friends pick up items for me when we didn't live near a WalMart. It's easy as long as you designate them when you place the order.

ourbabygirl
02-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks, OP! I ordered 3 sets (2 of one) for $10.71- glad to have some for the Easter baskets. :)

PP (Melaine, I think)- I just ordered and it said they should arrive on Tues. the 21st, so I don't know that yours would get to you in time for your shower this weekend.

twotimesblue
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Anyone else having trouble checking out? It keeps kicking me out on the final page. Grrr!

iaam
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks, OP - seem like great deals. I hope the books in the sets are just regular books with outer Easter-theme packaging (I would assume so) - I guess I'll have to wait and see!

iaam
02-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Anyone else having trouble checking out? It keeps kicking me out on the final page. Grrr!

Just placed an order, no issues at my end.

RoxanneC
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks OP. I just placed a few orders. They look like great books!

kellij
02-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks! I got several books!

Chicago Mama
02-06-2012, 06:34 PM

I had mine shipped to a FedEx store near me for free.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-06-2012, 06:40 PM
thanks!! i got the Karen Katz set and did site to store so i didnt' have to pay for shipping.. Such a good deal!!

At first i wasn't going to click this thread, bc we already have the Karen Katz Easter book (the Where are Baby's Easter Eggs? book) but then i saw this was a collection of 3 books that were about shapes, numbers, colors etc...we definitely don't have those books yet. This will be perfect for DD's easter gift. thanks!!

mum-to-be
02-06-2012, 07:06 PM

Free shipping to a FedEx office - do you have one of those near you?

Avispa
02-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks OP! I ordered 4 sets for $14.xx to pick up at the wm closest to me.

carolyn_oh
02-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks OP. I ordered the bug pop up book and two gift sets for $11 and free shipping to my local store.

vonfirmath
02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Ugh. They are sending the book piecemeal!

2 books have arrived at my chosen Walmart to pick up. The rest are still "processing"!

marymoo86
02-08-2012, 12:55 PM

I shipped to my local WM but had no idea about this? I must have glossed over it but will check next time. The Site to Store area is rarely staffed and is a pain to get my items.

mum-to-be
02-08-2012, 05:43 PM
I shipped to my local WM but had no idea about this? I must have glossed over it but will check next time. The Site to Store area is rarely staffed and is a pain to get my items.

You select ship to store and then change the store to your local FedEx office. My husband did it at Christmas time and he said it was very easy. I am going to do it for these books (if I ever pull the trigger - I keep getting distracted).

hellokitty
02-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Ugh. They are sending the book piecemeal!

2 books have arrived at my chosen Walmart to pick up. The rest are still "processing"!

Yeah, me too. They are sending the three science books now, who knows if the bug and hardy boys sets will come in one batch or separate ones, but I HATE going into WM, so this is going to be a PITA to have to go several times for one order. I wish they would have just waited until it was completed before sending it all out.

indigo99
02-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Do you have to go multiple times if they ship part now and part later? Can't you wait until it's all there to go?

Avispa
02-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Do you have to go multiple times if they ship part now and part later? Can't you wait until it's all there to go?

yes you can wait. You have 14 days from the time the shipment arrives to your store to pick it up. So if everything comes in within 14 days you can pick everything up all at once.

happymommyof2
02-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks. I forgot to order the Backyardigans when I originally ordered. I was reading this thread since it popped back up to the top and just ordered those books too.

curiousgeorge
02-09-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks OP! We love the Bug Books so ordered a couple sets for upcoming birthday gifts. Thank you!!

vonfirmath
02-09-2012, 01:34 PM
yes you can wait. You have 14 days from the time the shipment arrives to your store to pick it up. So if everything comes in within 14 days you can pick everything up all at once.

You can wait as long as you don't wait too long, in other words. But it is still a pain.

calebsmama03
02-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks! Took care of Easter and a few bday gifts. :)
with the Katz/bear/little quack sets of books, do we know if these are paperback or board books or what? MSRP is too low for hardcover but seems too high for paperback.

Suebell
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Finally caved and bought some books. lol. We sure don't need more, but what great deals! Thanks OP!

Momit
02-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks! Took care of Easter and a few bday gifts. :)
with the Katz/bear/little quack sets of books, do we know if these are paperback or board books or what? MSRP is too low for hardcover but seems too high for paperback.

The description of the bear books said board books. That's the only one I checked.

elbenn
02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I ordered about 12 items and 8 of them were damaged in transit. Bummer. So they refunded me the money as a gift card because I paid with a gift card but I threw it away. I'm annoyed because all the Easter things I ordered were part of that order. Ugh.

ETA: Anyone know what I can do about the gift card that I threw away?

iaam
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Has anyone gotten the book sets yet? Can you share what the books are like, i.e., are they 'regular' books in the Easter packaging? Also, what size/binding are they? Mine won't arrive until middle of next week and I am wondering if it makes sense to order some more for party favors. TIA!

HonoluluMom
02-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Thanks OP! Got the books today!

Got the little quack set (ABCs, counting set) and they're board books, although the pages don't seem as thick/sturdy as some other board books.

Also got the bear gift set. I haven't opened them since they're a gift, but they're board books, about 5"x5".

I just placed another order including the bugs books, which I'm looking forward to seeing!

I'm a total sucker for book deals!

yalie2001
02-13-2012, 02:15 PM

where do you do this? I tried to order, chose "Site to Store" and then when the page came up I tried to change my store location but all the pops up are Walmart stores, there is no option for FedEx stores. I'd love to do this b/c there is one very close to my house but I just can't find it. Am I doing something wrong, or maybe it just isn't available here?

Chicago Mama
02-13-2012, 02:36 PM

where do you do this? I tried to order, chose "Site to Store" and then when the page came up I tried to change my store location but all the pops up are Walmart stores, there is no option for FedEx stores. I'd love to do this b/c there is one very close to my house but I just can't find it. Am I doing something wrong, or maybe it just isn't available here?

First, make sure the item says "Free shipping to store and FedEx Office Locations"

Select "Store Pickup" once you go to the cart.

When you get to "Shipping & Payment" select "Change Pickup location". For me it shows a tab that specifically lists local FedEx Office Locations. I can then select a location from that tab.

Hope this helps.

jerigirl
02-13-2012, 02:50 PM
http://www.walmart.com/cp/Site-to-Store-Shipping-with-FedEx/1069504
This banner showed up while I was processing an order. Note that FE holds your WM items for only 5 business days.

beth239
02-13-2012, 04:22 PM
I just ordered 5 gift sets. What a great deal!!

vonfirmath
02-13-2012, 04:35 PM
I just ordered 5 gift sets. What a great deal!!

Careful. Half the gift sets came broken for me because they packed them upside down and they can't handle that

yalie2001
02-13-2012, 05:21 PM
First, make sure the item says "Free shipping to store and FedEx Office Locations"

Select "Store Pickup" once you go to the cart.

When you get to "Shipping & Payment" select "Change Pickup location". For me it shows a tab that specifically lists local FedEx Office Locations. I can then select a location from that tab.

Hope this helps.

thank you. must be regional b/c mine doesn't say "....and FedEx Office Locations" and when I change pick up location only Walmart stores are listed. Oh well. would have been nice! still a great deal, though

mikala
02-13-2012, 05:31 PM
thank you. must be regional b/c mine doesn't say "....and FedEx Office Locations" and when I change pick up location only Walmart stores are listed. Oh well. would have been nice! still a great deal, though

I just had the Wal-mart options as well even though we do have Fed Ex stores in the area. It would have been nice to pick them up without herding a kiddo to the back of the Wal-mart store.

Pinky
02-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Careful. Half the gift sets came broken for me because they packed them upside down and they can't handle that
I ordered like $50 worth of these books to give to friends kids (and my DD). Sure do hope they come in ok. I'm guessing I should check the box before I leave Walmart in case I need to make a return.

iaam
02-14-2012, 11:05 AM
I got 11 of the Easter sets and a few of the others - all of mine were intact (I checked at the store before I left). I am using the books as favors (birthday party and end-of-year at school) so didn't care about the packaging anyway. Great deal - thanks again, OP, for finding and posting!

mytwosons
02-14-2012, 11:35 AM
I got 11 of the Easter sets and a few of the others - all of mine were intact (I checked at the store before I left). I am using the books as favors (birthday party and end-of-year at school) so didn't care about the packaging anyway. Great deal - thanks again, OP, for finding and posting!

Have you taken them out of the gift packs yet? I'm hoping to use them all as a baby shower gift, but I need to take them out of the easter packaging since the recipient isn't Christian. Do you think they look "giftable" if I unpackage them all?

iaam
02-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Have you taken them out of the gift packs yet? I'm hoping to use them all as a baby shower gift, but I need to take them out of the easter packaging since the recipient isn't Christian. Do you think they look "giftable" if I unpackage them all?

Absolutely - the books inside the packaging are just 'regular' board books - no sign of Easter on them - you can wrap them just like you would any other books. I have already thrown out all the packaging since I will be using them for non-Easter events as well.

mytwosons
02-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Absolutely - the books inside the packaging are just 'regular' board books - no sign of Easter on them - you can wrap them just like you would any other books. I have already thrown out all the packaging since I will be using them for non-Easter events as well.

Whoohoo! Thanks for letting me know.

geminimagk
02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
i just saw this and ordered some of the books. thanks!

did we confirm that the items listed as DVD format are actually books?

vonfirmath
02-14-2012, 12:57 PM
i just saw this and ordered some of the books. thanks!

did we confirm that the items listed as DVD format are actually books?

Everything I got was books.

musicalgrl
02-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Yes, they are all books. I picked mine up yesterday and had no damages or problems with the packaging. GREAT deal...thanks again OP!

Multimama
02-14-2012, 09:00 PM
I picked mine up today and I had minor damage to the packaging of one item and opened cellophane on 2 of the gift packs, but the small issues don't bother me one bit for the awesome price. Thanks, OP!

twotimesblue
02-18-2012, 02:14 AM
I just wanted to thank the OP of this thread. I have received several of my book sets, and even though I had to suck up a big shipping charge I am delighted with the deals! The Bear and Friends books are just beautiful; and the convertible 'car' and 'truck' books will make fabulous gifts. IMO this is one of the best deals ever... a kid can never have too many books. I've just placed a large order, and will split the packs to give a book to each child that attends DS's 2nd birthday next month. At less than $1 each, including tax, what an amazing favor gift!!

I seriously can't believe these books are still available - it's kind of sad that some parents go crazy over $10 off a horrible plastic toy and these beautiful sets stay on the shelf. Stock up if you can!

fumofu
02-18-2012, 04:20 AM
I just wanted to thank the OP of this thread. I have received several of my book sets, and even though I had to suck up a big shipping charge I am delighted with the deals! The Bear and Friends books are just beautiful; and the convertible 'car' and 'truck' books will make fabulous gifts. IMO this is one of the best deals ever...

I also picked up my order tonight. The "Bear and Friends" books are very cute! so is "Hug Hug" and the Bugs popup books. I also bought the convertible books for gifting. I also like the nursery rhymes book as I'm not familiar with a lot of rhymes and fairytale stories.

Thanks, OP, for sharing this excellent deal!

tigs4999
02-18-2012, 08:31 AM
So glad everyone is excited about these. I just picked mine up yesterday and actuallly went back and ordered more for gifts. Thrilled with what I got. It is always fun to stumble upon a great deal and be able to share it (especially since I have benefited from so many of the other deals posted by others on this site).

Seitvonzu
02-18-2012, 12:25 PM
wow! i was so impressed with my books when i picked them up, and so was the cashier at the site-to-store area.... i actually had to suffer through some sorta weird staff meeting, there were like 20 employees in the site-to-store area talking about going to a baseball game for morale...and i was the only customer. it was weird, but worth it :) i'm going to place another order. LOVE books and the easter sets are a perfect favor for my annual party (for the littler ones)

MSWR0319
02-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Whats the age range for the Easter books and Bear and Friends books? I'm going to get some as gifts and trying to decide how many to get.

MSWR0319
02-18-2012, 01:02 PM
I also picked up my order tonight. The "Bear and Friends" books are very cute! so is "Hug Hug" and the Bugs popup books. I also bought the convertible books for gifting. I also like the nursery rhymes book as I'm not familiar with a lot of rhymes and fairytale stories.

Thanks, OP, for sharing this excellent deal!

Is there a story with the convertible books or do they just turn into things? I was thinking about getting these for the gift closet.

tigs4999
02-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Is there a story with the convertible books or do they just turn into things? I was thinking about getting these for the gift closet.

According to the package there is a story, I ordered it but have not opened it as I am saving it for a gift. It gets good reviews on amazon uk. It is also a playmat which is nice, but according to the reviews all the kids want to do is climb in and drive. It is good sized and very cute for gifting if that helps.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-18-2012, 03:53 PM
picked up mine today..so cute! i can't believe it was only $2.50!!! thanks so much OP.

Seitvonzu
02-18-2012, 04:39 PM
i'm back because we just opened our books. my daughter has enjoyed those bug books from the library for at least 2 years (she is 4 years, 2 months), and i think we have "easter bugs" somewhere around the house.... so , even though she is four and the content is light, i went ahead and splurged. ;) after a very long morning (my DH has a kidney stone)-- i was VERY grateful for the 20 minutes of fun we just had reading them (after she'd already spent 20 or so minutes she looked at them individually while i talked to a friend on the telephone...)

the birthday bugs book is particularly cute-- then the sleep, snow, alphabet. i think the "touch and feel" is too young, but she still wanted me to "read" it twice (it does have a rhyme...so the prose isn't terrible, just not a story, obviously).

i wanted to look at the books, so i also let her take out the "bear and friends" books. they are reallyreally nice. i remember "bear wants more" from when she was more of a toddler and we were trying signing (for the "more" sign). it was over her head at that time (she must have been under 15 months?) and i found we enjoyed it alot more now ;) there is some story, but also lots of repetition (within the book and from book to book). i think she would have enjoyed these books last year, but she really enjoyed them today, and they are lovely to look at , even if the story is simple. if they were in paperback or hardcover format i wouldn't feel any pause at all giving them to a 4 year old-- it's the board book format that makes them "babyish" at all.... for us, i still like them. especially since my kiddo (whose been flipping "real" pages since she was just over a year), has seemed particularly destructive lately....i've found broken popups and few ripped pages in the last week, when we haven't had that probably in ages :(:(:(

i also got the karen katz set which is obviously very young :) i love the packaging (i'm an easter FREAK) so i plan on getting some more. i'm going to get another karen katz (for the 3 month old and the 1 year old) and 2 more bear sets (for our 2 year olds). i'm going to order bug book sets and divvy them up for the bigger kids.

and i'm going to order the nursery rhymes book too i think. for the new baby since i still owe his mom a gift.

did anyone get the little quack books? how are those?

fumofu
02-18-2012, 08:32 PM
According to the package there is a story, I ordered it but have not opened it as I am saving it for a gift. It gets good reviews on amazon uk. It is also a playmat which is nice, but according to the reviews all the kids want to do is climb in and drive. It is good sized and very cute for gifting if that helps.

:yeahthat: I didn't open the package since they'll be for gift. But they look very nice and sturdy, seems like it'll be a fun activity for kids.

Multimama
02-18-2012, 09:15 PM
i'm back because we just opened our books. my daughter has enjoyed those bug books from the library for at least 2 years (she is 4 years, 2 months), and i think we have "easter bugs" somewhere around the house.... so , even though she is four and the content is light, i went ahead and splurged. ;) after a very long morning (my DH has a kidney stone)-- i was VERY grateful for the 20 minutes of fun we just had reading them (after she'd already spent 20 or so minutes she looked at them individually while i talked to a friend on the telephone...)

the birthday bugs book is particularly cute-- then the sleep, snow, alphabet. i think the "touch and feel" is too young, but she still wanted me to "read" it twice (it does have a rhyme...so the prose isn't terrible, just not a story, obviously).

i wanted to look at the books, so i also let her take out the "bear and friends" books. they are reallyreally nice. i remember "bear wants more" from when she was more of a toddler and we were trying signing (for the "more" sign). it was over her head at that time (she must have been under 15 months?) and i found we enjoyed it alot more now ;) there is some story, but also lots of repetition (within the book and from book to book). i think she would have enjoyed these books last year, but she really enjoyed them today, and they are lovely to look at , even if the story is simple. if they were in paperback or hardcover format i wouldn't feel any pause at all giving them to a 4 year old-- it's the board book format that makes them "babyish" at all.... for us, i still like them. especially since my kiddo (whose been flipping "real" pages since she was just over a year), has seemed particularly destructive lately....i've found broken popups and few ripped pages in the last week, when we haven't had that probably in ages :(:(:(

i also got the karen katz set which is obviously very young :) i love the packaging (i'm an easter FREAK) so i plan on getting some more. i'm going to get another karen katz (for the 3 month old and the 1 year old) and 2 more bear sets (for our 2 year olds). i'm going to order bug book sets and divvy them up for the bigger kids.

and i'm going to order the nursery rhymes book too i think. for the new baby since i still owe his mom a gift.

Thanks for this detailed review! So helpful since I didn't want to open any of mine yet. :)

Daphnecita
02-18-2012, 09:53 PM

I ordered those among other things and I don't like them as much as Little Bear and some of the other books. They would be good for a duck themed party favor or if a child really likes ducks but the "story" is not really all that great--it's like they were just thinking what words could they put with these pictures. They do have simple addition and counting to five in one book but I won't be ordering more of those for gifts. Their is nothing wrong with them, I guess I'm just partial to stories that flow or rhyme or have some lesson learned and these books don't really have any of that. They are good quality like the other board book sets and the pictures are colorful.

I will however be ordering more Little Bear and bug books (these come out to be about $1.25 per book and would be great party favors for a bug or outdoor themed party). Here are some items I don't think anyone has commented on yet.

1. The fabric baby books. I ordered Baby Book Cow and it's huge! I was expecting a small fabric book but I think this one is in the neighborhood of 12 x 12. Each page has something to touch that is different such as a texture or lifting a wing, pulling a curly tail, etc. Definitely giftable for a newborn or infant.

2. The sticker activity book. I got the animal one and it's thick and very nice. I was expecting something like a dollar store coloring book with stickers but it's a very colorful book with thick pages and stickers. Good deal for $2.50. I'm going to order the machine one for a nephew.

3. Baby bath books. The bathtub seems like a weird place for books but DD2 loves to "read" books and loves the bath so I thought for $2.50, why not? And you can always return if you don't like them right? We haven't used them yet but they are made of the fast drying parachute-like material and the bottom of each animal is a couple page book. Still not sure about this one. I'm concerned about them not drying well and growing mold.

Thanks OP for posting, I plan to place a second order. Seems as though everything is still in stock.

I need to look back through the thread but did anyone order the Fun With Math, etc. books? Searched for them on Amazon with no luck. I will probably just order them in the second order and return them if I'm not interested.

carolyn_oh
02-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks again OP. I picked up my order today and everything is in perfect condition.....thinking about placing a second order.

ohiomom1121
02-19-2012, 01:11 AM
Picked my order up today and can't believe what a great deal this was. The encyclopedias were HUGE hits with my older two, and DS2 loved the bear and little quack books. I'm saving the bug books for Easter. :thumbsup:

iaam
02-19-2012, 03:17 AM
:yeahthat: I didn't open the package since they'll be for gift. But they look very nice and sturdy, seems like it'll be a fun activity for kids.

I got one of each. Gave two to DC today, ages 4 and 2. It was quite a hit! We haven't read the story yet, but they had a great time playing in the vehicles.

iaam
02-19-2012, 04:02 AM
I ordered those among other things and I don't like them as much as Little Bear and some of the other books. They would be good for a duck themed party favor or if a child really likes ducks but the "story" is not really all that great--it's like they were just thinking what words could they put with these pictures. They do have simple addition and counting to five in one book but I won't be ordering more of those for gifts. Their is nothing wrong with them, I guess I'm just partial to stories that flow or rhyme or have some lesson learned and these books don't really have any of that. They are good quality like the other board book sets and the pictures are colorful.

I will however be ordering more Little Bear and bug books (these come out to be about $1.25 per book and would be great party favors for a bug or outdoor themed party). Here are some items I don't think anyone has commented on yet.

1. The fabric baby books. I ordered Baby Book Cow and it's huge! I was expecting a small fabric book but I think this one is in the neighborhood of 12 x 12. Each page has something to touch that is different such as a texture or lifting a wing, pulling a curly tail, etc. Definitely giftable for a newborn or infant.

2. The sticker activity book. I got the animal one and it's thick and very nice. I was expecting something like a dollar store coloring book with stickers but it's a very colorful book with thick pages and stickers. Good deal for $2.50. I'm going to order the machine one for a nephew.

3. Baby bath books. The bathtub seems like a weird place for books but DD2 loves to "read" books and loves the bath so I thought for $2.50, why not? And you can always return if you don't like them right? We haven't used them yet but they are made of the fast drying parachute-like material and the bottom of each animal is a couple page book. Still not sure about this one. I'm concerned about them not drying well and growing mold.

Thanks OP for posting, I plan to place a second order. Seems as though everything is still in stock.

I need to look back through the thread but did anyone order the Fun With Math, etc. books? Searched for them on Amazon with no luck. I will probably just order them in the second order and return them if I'm not interested.

Thanks for the review on the fabric books and sticker collection. I was on the fence on those, so just ordered.

We got the duck and bear books too. DC, ages 4 and 2, really like them both. In fact, we seem to have read the duck books more than the bear books so far. For the price, you can't go wrong on them!

MomtoNico
02-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I was trying to resist this deal. I have way too many toys put away for gifts. Couldn't resist and placed an order today! Thanks op.

Jai
02-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks! I got the convertible books/play mats!

hellokitty
02-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Picked my order up today and can't believe what a great deal this was. The encyclopedias were HUGE hits with my older two, and DS2 loved the bear and little quack books. I'm saving the bug books for Easter. :thumbsup:

DH finally picked up my order today (I stupidly sent it to the WM 30 min away, he is closer to it from his work, this is after going to the WM 5 min from me and not being able to figure out why they didn't have my order, grrrr), and WOW! The bug book set is nice, I am keeping it as a gift for my nephew. The encyclopedias are frickin' amazing for the price. The only thing that sucks is that DH did not listen to me (did not open up the pkg to check out the books) and the dinosaur one is ripped a bit on the back cover. Since it's just for my kids, I don't care that much, but I'm a little annoyed. The pkgs looked as if they were packed by a 6 yr old, so I guess I should be impressed they even look as nice as they do. The hardy boys sets are sealed and I'm looking forward to giving those to DS1. I wish I would have gotten more of the encyclopedias to give as gifts. They are so nice.

MomtoNico
02-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Science encyclopedia? Is it still available? I cant seem to find it - thanks

iaam
02-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Science encyclopedia? Is it still available? I cant seem to find it - thanks

No, sold out! I saw it when the deal was first posted, contemplated it and decided not to get it - now I wish I had!

ohiomom1121
02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
DH finally picked up my order today (I stupidly sent it to the WM 30 min away, he is closer to it from his work, this is after going to the WM 5 min from me and not being able to figure out why they didn't have my order, grrrr), and WOW! The bug book set is nice, I am keeping it as a gift for my nephew. The encyclopedias are frickin' amazing for the price. The only thing that sucks is that DH did not listen to me (did not open up the pkg to check out the books) and the dinosaur one is ripped a bit on the back cover. Since it's just for my kids, I don't care that much, but I'm a little annoyed. The pkgs looked as if they were packed by a 6 yr old, so I guess I should be impressed they even look as nice as they do. The hardy boys sets are sealed and I'm looking forward to giving those to DS1. I wish I would have gotten more of the encyclopedias to give as gifts. They are so nice.

The oceans one was a little ripped on the bottom of mine as well and DH just glued it together. I wish I had bought more of them for gifts as well!

hellokitty
02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
The oceans one was a little ripped on the bottom of mine as well and DH just glued it together. I wish I had bought more of them for gifts as well!

I take back what I said about the way they were shipped. It turns out DH *did* open the pkgs at the service desk before he left. When I pointed out the tear on the back he said, "I didn't look at the backs." Uh, ok DH you are so detail oriented about your own stuff, nice to know that you show so little effort for my stuff. The lady there taped them back together for him, so that's why they looked like they were packed by a 6 yr old, lol. My boys love the encyclopedias, so at least it was worth the extra effort (going to the wrong WM) to pick them up.

Seitvonzu
02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
i ordered a ton more...i'll confess. 3 more bug sets, 2 more little bear sets, 3 vehicle books, little quack, the sticker book, the nursery rhymes and a fabric book. woosh.

i liked this deal :) even if it means i have to go back into walmart. the bear books are really nice :)

kaitlyns.mom
02-22-2012, 03:52 AM
I'm in for the Bear book set, the card set and one of the cloth books. Thanks OP! These are great for Easter and I got all three for $8. :D

MomtoNico
02-22-2012, 10:18 AM
OK- one more stupid question. Which one is the bear book set?

With all this talk I can not wait to get the books!! t hanks

Seitvonzu
02-22-2012, 11:10 AM
momtonico-- the bear books are the "bear snores on, " bear makes a new friend and bear wants more--they are one of the easter basket packaged sets. for what it's worth, my four year old loves them :) she loves that they are a set, she likes looking at them in her bed (when she gets up before her clock releases her from her room) and she likes to read them "with" me (meaning she finishes the repetitive parts... but i'm sure it's not long before she'll know the whole thing)

abh5e8
02-22-2012, 11:42 AM

what are the encyclopedias? i can't find them...

MomtoNico
02-22-2012, 11:47 AM
what are the encyclopedias? i can't find them...

I asked that too. They were sold out. Who knew they would be so great!

Avispa
02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
I asked that too. They were sold out. Who knew they would be so great!

These are the encyclopedias I got (picking them up today):

http://www.amazon.com/Field-Guide-Dinosaurs-Steve-Brusatte/dp/1849160066/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329928150&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Voyage-Into-Deep-SALLY-MORGAN/dp/1849160783/ref=pd_ybh_21

For $2.50 each it's a great deal IMO. I think there were others, but they all seem to be sold out now.

beth239
02-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I picked up my order today and everything was in perfect condition. I got 2 bugs, a karen katz, the bath books and the little quacks. I am going to place another order. We read all of the bug books tonight and I was really impressed with the popups.

MolieMuts
02-22-2012, 09:31 PM
I finally picked up my orders today, they came in three different shipments. I am very impressed with all of them. I ordered the bug books, both hardy boys sets, little quacks, machines sticker book, Dora books, and the three different Easter gift sets (Little Quacks, Karen Katz and Bear and Friends). We opened the Pop Up Bugs first and my 3 yr old loved them, they are very well made and more intricate than I expected. He also played with the sticker book and has stickers all over his arms. I haven't opened the others, but nothing was damaged and all was packaged well. I might order more...I'll have to see if there is anything I missed. Thanks OP!

iaam
02-22-2012, 09:49 PM
I picked up my order today and everything was in perfect condition. I got 2 bugs, a karen katz, the bath books and the little quacks. I am going to place another order. We read all of the bug books tonight and I was really impressed with the popups.

If you don't already have them, I highly recommend the bear books for your next order:)

beth239
02-22-2012, 09:59 PM
If you don't already have them, I highly recommend the bear books for your next order:)

I just added them to my order. Thank you. I don't have them.

Multimama
02-22-2012, 11:14 PM
This thread is such a refreshing counterbalance to the Gifting Grace thread. You order items, they ship, they arrive, you can review them and order more. Great prices and no hassle. Love it.

Seitvonzu
02-22-2012, 11:38 PM
multimama-- i totally think that every time i see this pop up. as soon as i placed my order this morning i got a text from walmart. then i got a shipping confirm later this evening. there is a "arrive by" date that was available before i ordered, and i know that it will actually ship. and if i don't like the stuff? i can return it right then and there.

i'd never have thought i would be singing such praises to walmart! (but here i go... and placed 2 book orders!)

kissmekate
02-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Are the bug books hardcover or a board book?

Minnifer
02-23-2012, 12:06 PM
After resisting for ages I'm finally going to place an order. Did anyone get the nursery treasury or bible stories books? Wondering how those are and there's not much info about them on amazon or elsewhere online. TIA!

Daphnecita
02-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Are the bug books hardcover or a board book?

They are hard cover with stiff pages that are a couple layers thick (with the moveable parts for the pop up sandwiched in the middle), not the cardboard type pages of a boardbook.

Momit
02-23-2012, 03:52 PM
multimama-- i totally think that every time i see this pop up. as soon as i placed my order this morning i got a text from walmart. then i got a shipping confirm later this evening. there is a "arrive by" date that was available before i ordered, and i know that it will actually ship. and if i don't like the stuff? i can return it right then and there.

i'd never have thought i would be singing such praises to walmart! (but here i go... and placed 2 book orders!)

:yeahthat: Exactly. I've never had much love for Walmart but I am very impressed with these book deals. My first order was perfect and I've since placed a couple more. Some items are duplicates but I think I will hold onto them for Toys for Tots or the ever-expanding gift closet.

curiousgeorge
02-23-2012, 04:05 PM
I picked up my books today and couldn't be happier. OP, thank you SOOOO much for posting this deal.

We LOVE the bug books at our house. The five-book set ($6!!!) contains books that are identical to the ones that are sold individually for more than the cost of one book by itself. This will make such a great gift.

I bought two sets and just ordered two more.

Thanks again...such a great find!

veronica
02-23-2012, 04:36 PM
thank you to the OP. I kept avoiding this thread, thinking it was a deal I just didn't need.

I happen to check it out today and the link had a lot of cute things, for all 4 of my kiddos! I got a lot for the baby boys and a few things that I think ODC's will like in their baskets. All I need now, is a little candy and we are set!

diamond
02-23-2012, 05:04 PM
how many books are in the bug set, I understood 5 books for a total of $6 making it $1.20 each book correct? can these each single books used as party favors? what do you guys who got them think? how about splitting bear books for favors? or katz books? (making them 85c per book) what age appropriate are these books? ty

iaam
02-23-2012, 05:09 PM
how many books are in the bug set, I understood 5 books for a total of $6 making it $1.20 each book correct? can these each single books used as party favors? what do you guys who got them think? how about splitting bear books for favors? or katz books? (making them 85c per book) what age appropriate are these books? ty

Yes, there are five books in the bug set.

And absolutely, I think they can be given as party favors individually. In fact, that's my plan with the Bear books as well as the Little Quack books (I ordered several sets of each of those).

DS, who is 4, is really enjoying the Bear and the Little Quack books these days. The Little Quack books 'feel' a little younger, so I would say 2-5 for the Bear books and maybe 2-4 for the Little Quack ones.

mattiew
02-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the posting and all the reviews, I finally ordered some of the book sets for gifts.

YouAreTheFocus
02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
I've somehow avoided opening this thread until now. Sounds like, if I have a 2.5 yo, I should hop on both the Little Quack & Bear sets. How about the bug ones? are those for an older crowd? Anything else I'm missing for this age?

JanBaby
02-23-2012, 06:08 PM
I've somehow avoided opening this thread until now. Sounds like, if I have a 2.5 yo, I should hop on both the Little Quack & Bear sets. How about the bug ones? are those for an older crowd? Anything else I'm missing for this age?

Get the bug books too. They are really cute and age appropriate for a 2.5 year old. My DD loves them.

Choccie
02-23-2012, 06:32 PM
I.MUST.NOT.COME.ON.THIS.SITE!!!!!

Just spent $80 on books I didn't even know I *needed* until this thread..lol. Thanks OP - great deals. And thanks for the reviews from those of you who already received the books - super helpful!

curiousgeorge
02-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Get the bug books too. They are really cute and age appropriate for a 2.5 year old. My DD loves them.

Yes--the bug books are great for that age. My son just turned three and loves these books. If I could have had them in time I would have totally given them as party favors for his party!

jerigirl
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Just picked up my order. WOW! Everything was in excellent condition. The Dino, ocean and space books are awesome! Pretty big, but nice hardback books. I might need to place another order!

jerigirl
02-23-2012, 09:48 PM
How big are the Convertibles books? I am trying to decide if I could easily package them to mail or if I should just pay the shipping.

Momit
02-23-2012, 09:57 PM
How big are the Convertibles books? I am trying to decide if I could easily package them to mail or if I should just pay the shipping.

I don't have them in front of me, but I would say maybe 16" x 16" or so. They were in a huge box. Seems like you would pay more to send them yourself than what Walmart charges for shipping.

mom2mack&max
02-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Love the bug books! Was going to save them for Easter and then the stomach bug hit our house! What a nice thing to pull out and keep the kids quiet and relaxed!

kaitlyns.mom
02-24-2012, 01:17 AM
You all keep mentioning those bug books and I keep returning to the WM site... in the cart, out of the cart, in the cart... :rotflmao: I placed an order the other day but left those out. So basically they are pop-up books about insects? :o

Avispa
02-24-2012, 01:40 AM
You all keep mentioning those bug books and I keep returning to the WM site... in the cart, out of the cart, in the cart... :rotflmao: I placed an order the other day but left those out. So basically they are pop-up books about insects? :o

I just opened mine. They are not about insects, they are about the same little bugs (you can see them on the WM webpage of the description of the book), and the books have different themes. So for example, there's an ABC book with one page for each letter, and each page is a pop-up with one or many of these little bugs doing something that is relevant to that letter. The 5 books are quite different, but all very nicely done. DH was really impressed with the quality (especially given the price) HTH!

ETA: actually, not completely true, the bugs are not all the same and some do look like different insects (flies, butterflies, beetles, etc), but I guess the books are not about insects in the sense that it is not describing what real insects would do. These bugs are anthropomorphic, they do what humans would do.

PAfirsttimemom
02-24-2012, 09:02 AM
I just opened mine. They are not about insects, they are about the same little bugs (you can see them on the WM webpage of the description of the book), and the books have different themes. So for example, there's an ABC book with one page for each letter, and each page is a pop-up with one or many of these little bugs doing something that is relevant to that letter. The 5 books are quite different, but all very nicely done. DH was really impressed with the quality (especially given the price) HTH!

ETA: actually, not completely true, the bugs are not all the same and some do look like different insects (flies, butterflies, beetles, etc), but I guess the books are not about insects in the sense that it is not describing what real insects would do. These bugs are anthropomorphic, they do what humans would do.

My boys are almost 6 and 3.5. Too old for these?

RoxanneC
02-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Those bug books are the bomb! Its not about insects but about everyday things/objects that now have eyes on them and are then called bugs, like a "toothbrush bug" - just a toothbrush with eyes on it now. Its nice and sturdy and at times pretty darn funny. DD's favorite is the birthday book where you can take out candlebugs and put then in a cake that folds out - we sing happy birthday (with the birthday hat bug on her head) and its cute fun! Hope that explains the concept a bit. Great books.:)

Seitvonzu
02-24-2012, 10:21 AM
the "bugs" are seriously NOT bugs....i mean- -they have antenae and "bug eyes" -- but they aren't insects in the gross/scary/realistic sense at all.

by far the favorite at our house is the birthday bugs book :) *i* also like winter and sleep-- i think these are totally appropriate for the older 3/young fours and i think , for my child at least, they will still be enjoyable for a while (heck! *i* enjoy them-- popup books are really fun!)

the trouble with popups is that they can be pretty delicate-- particularly intricate ones. my child LOVES them (and has for a long time) and is particularly delicate with them...still-- they rip. i bought her a valentine's pop up at barnes and noble and the first time she looked at it by herself i heard "RIPPPPPPPPPPP" :( she wasn't being rough at all-- but the pages can get stuck if they don't fold just right. (we have LOTS of popups, some of the really pricey ones) lu also goes straight for the pop-ups at one of our libraries... they are fun, but a WRECK. (she doesn't really care and just rolls with it saying things like "this ones broken, the tab is missing, someone ripped it" *grin*)

so getting FIVE of these for 6 dollars? that was awesome. because i'm not so paranoid about her "breaking" them (as i am with library books or more expensive ones), but they are also really fun (and pretty sturdy-- for this style of book)

can you tell i hardily recommend these? (and bought 3 more sets in my 2nd order? :)

elmojessi
02-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I totally agree with everyone about the bug books...what a great deal for $6. I will be ordering at least one more set, though probably two.

We got so many great books; both Little Quack sets, Bear and Friends set, Dora books, Katz books, all good quality and a steal for $2.50 a piece. We also got the bathtime books which are a 3D duck and turtle with some “pages” attached to the base of the animal. Haven’t tested them out yet, but I know my 2 year old will love to play with them in the tub. We also got the Baby Cow book which is really simple, but cute. It has various animals on it with a sensory part to each animal.

Thanks OP for posting this deal!

diamond
02-25-2012, 12:36 AM
did anyone get the stationary gift set? what does it include? looks like some cards/ photoframe picture is not clear for me. what do you think these can be used for? ty cards from kids for those attending his party or what? ty

jerigirl
02-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Is the Car convertible book pink or definitely girly? I notice they have a girl playing with that one.

iaam
02-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Is the Car convertible book pink or definitely girly? I notice they have a girl playing with that one.

Definitely pink. I suppose it would be considered girly by many...

jerigirl
02-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Definitely pink. I suppose it would be considered girly by many...

Thanks. It is hard to tell if it was just my monitor.

angiesscripts
02-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up on these cool books! Just picked mine up today and like you guys LOVE the bug books. So I went to order more, and found they had a few more books added to the clearance. This is one of them; http://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Big-Book-Of-Fuzzy-Friends/20469106 looks really cute, also a nice ESV study Bible, Hardy boys book collection, etc. In case anyone was looking.:)

jerigirl
02-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up on these cool books! Just picked mine up today and like you guys LOVE the bug books. So I went to order more, and found they had a few more books added to the clearance. This is one of them; http://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Big-Book-Of-Fuzzy-Friends/20469106 looks really cute, also a nice ESV study Bible, Hardy boys book collection, etc. In case anyone was looking.:)

Just wanted to point out that the $25 Hardy Boys collection includes the books in the two $3.15 sets and then some additional books.

geminimagk
02-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Has anyone bought these books?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Book-Cow/19862475?findingMethod=rr

What are they? They look weird in plastic packaging and I can't find them on Amazon.

jgenie
02-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Has anyone received the Hardy Boy books? Are they hardcover? How many come in each set? What age would enjoy these?

Has anyone received the drawing book or the pattern book? How is the quality? What ages would enjoy them?

TIA

FedBaby
02-28-2012, 09:37 PM
So I went to order more, and found they had a few more books added to the clearance.

Oh good, I was wondering if I was going crazy! (This is my third time ordering stuff! I decided I have to get the bug books based on all the reviews here and our 911 vehicle came slightly damaged, so I'm just going to order another and return the first.) There are now 75 items for sale, and I think there used to be 52 or so.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Top-Values/1091844?showAll=true

MolieMuts
02-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Has anyone received the Hardy Boy books? Are they hardcover? How many come in each set? What age would enjoy these?

Has anyone received the drawing book or the pattern book? How is the quality? What ages would enjoy them?

TIA

We have the Hardy Boys sets 1 and 2. The first set is books #1-8 and the second set is books #9-16. They are paperback. Ages 8-12.

MomtoNico
02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Just picked up my books. I love the sticker book of truck. Went to order more and they are gone. Shouldt have waited so long. I will lkeep checking the link to see if more books show up.

Jai
02-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Picked up my order last night. I got some of the Convertibles books. Mthey are huge and seem very sturdy. Can't wait for DS and nephew to play with them.

Seitvonzu
02-29-2012, 04:45 PM
we went and picked up our BIG order today in torrential downpours. i had DD with me and we took a cart to the pick up area with us. :) when the cashier opened the shipping package to check everything she was oohing and ahhing about some of the books.... i was there probably an extra 10 minutes while she took down UPC #s so SHE could go home and order a bunch of the stuff for her grandkids. her and her coworker (both grandmas) couldn't believe the prices and seemed thoroughly enabled ;) they kept thanking me over and over!

i felt like the easter bunny :)

tigs4999
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Has anyone bought these books?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Book-Cow/19862475?findingMethod=rr

What are they? They look weird in plastic packaging and I can't find them on Amazon.

These are giant cloth baby books with interactive elements (flaps, touch and feel, and a mirror). The packaging looks odd because it is in one of those resealable plastic carry cases. These are big clothes books 10x10 or so. Hope that helps.

geminimagk
03-01-2012, 01:20 PM
These are giant cloth baby books with interactive elements (flaps, touch and feel, and a mirror). The packaging looks odd because it is in one of those resealable plastic carry cases. These are big clothes books 10x10 or so. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much!

Momit
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I am so thrilled with these books but wanted to post that the return process has not been exactly smooth or easy. I had some books that were damaged in shipping and it took FOR.EVER for the customer service person to do the return. She asked someone for help and she just kept yelling "We have a policy about returns on books and magazines!" The first lady said "Yes, but Site-to-Store is different." She finally figured out how to do it (it's Dept. 29 if anyone else has a problem), and then each book had to be processed separately. So most of my kid-at-preschool time today was spent waiting at WalMart.

I'm glad I ordered some duplicates since quite a few were damaged, especially the encyclopedias which are now OOS.

And like Seitvonzu said, the sales associates are blown away by the prices we paid for these books.

anonomom
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks so much, OP! I picked up my books today and am really happy.

The Little Lamb and Little Bunny books are HUGE board books, but very nice. Actually, everything seems very high quality. Definitely great values.

MomtoNico
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
The sticker booker werent available yesterday are on the site now. I ordered more of the truck ones - I loved the book. So I ordered the wild animals ones too. My Mom came over to babysit the boys and when she saw the books she had me place an order.

Pinky
03-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Has anyone received the "Who Am I?" board books?

Choccie
03-02-2012, 03:05 AM

Just got mine today and they seem really nice. I have some other cloth books that are more detailed but like the size of these. Would be better if they had words or some kind of story inside. Definitely great for $2.50! I've only opened the bear one tonight - one page has a fairly big mirror surface on it and DD loves it (she's 7 months).

iaam
03-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I picked up another order today and wanted to add that the Nursery Treasury is VERY nice. The price printed on the back is $23.95. I ordered a few more for DD's birthday party favors (small party this year since she's only 2).

Choccie
03-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks so much, OP! I picked up my books today and am really happy.

The Little Lamb and Little Bunny books are HUGE board books, but very nice. Actually, everything seems very high quality. Definitely great values.

What size are the "Little" books? I'm on the fence about ordering - they look cute but reg price is $3 so doesn't seem like such a steal. I might just be buying for buying sake since I'm in high-buying mode thanks to the gifting grace madness!

Pinky
03-02-2012, 10:05 PM
:thumbsup:
What size are the "Little" books? I'm on the fence about ordering - they look cute but reg price is $3 so doesn't seem like such a steal. I might just be buying for buying sake since I'm in high-buying mode thanks to the gifting grace madness!

They are pretty big... Much bigger than a normal board book.

I'm guessing a little bigger than a sheet of paper.

iaam
03-02-2012, 10:27 PM

The regular price *may* be off. For the Nursery Treasury, the regular price listed is something much lower than what is printed on the back of the book ($23.95). I didn't get the "Little" books though, so can't confirm this.

Choccie
03-03-2012, 02:08 AM
:thumbsup:

They are pretty big... Much bigger than a normal board book.

I'm guessing a little bigger than a sheet of paper.

Thanks Pinky and iaam. Might just have to place another order :-)

Pinky
03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Finally got around to opening up more of our books... I can't get over how cute the bear books are! Love them. And the Nursery Rhyme and Bible Story books would make great gifts!

Thanks Pinky and iaam. Might just have to place another order :-)

I looked at them again today and I think they are closer to 12X12. So cute!

Choccie
03-05-2012, 02:13 AM
Is the Nursery Rhyme book hard cover or paperback? The Amazon review says it's mostly text, light on the illustrations?

Minnifer
03-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Is the Nursery Rhyme book hard cover or paperback? The Amazon review says it's mostly text, light on the illustrations?

It's a soft cover but one of the ones that's sturdier than a paperback, iykwim. Kind of hard to describe. I will say now that I've delved into it w/DD, on the plus side, it has a lot of stories/fables too, not just nursery rhymes, so things like The Ugly Duckling, The Three Little Pigs, etc., and a bunch more, including versions of Cinderella, Snow White, etc. It does seem like the rhymes are more British than American versions, i.e., some of the wording is a bit different in some of them, no big deal but may be noticeable. And the stories/fables are not "niced down" for little kids, if that matters for anyone (so, wolves eating people, etc). I like it a lot and think it's a great deal, but on the fence about whether I'd give it as a gift, just b/c not sure if all recipients would be into it, etc.

ETA: each rhyme has illustrations, but the stories only have a couple each, so more text for those.

Seitvonzu
03-05-2012, 10:04 AM
on the nursery rhymes-- i really like it :) i bought it to give as a baby gift, but as my child is doing nursery rhyme/tales at school right now, we browsed through... my daughter is really into anything DIFFERENT so she had me flip to the "non-standards" (american standards, this appears to be a british import? so it has some different ones...) we have lots of this sort of thing, but we're still going to keep it --it's just enough different, and we don't mind that the stories aren't softened. (my child isn't sensitive in the least to that sort of thing)

i'm considering a third order for those wee little books i skipped the last two times. i finally looked them up and they retail for 15!!!! i didn't realize they were hardbacks (though they were more board books) i just organized books ALL weekend, so you'd think i'd be gunshy, but eh?? not really :)

cicada
03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Can't believe I'm just now reading this thread. Does the Bear Snores On set have the paperbacks you can buy separately on Amazon or board book versions? Thinking about party favors. Thanks in advance!

anonomom
03-05-2012, 11:21 AM
They are board books.

cicada
03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
They are board books.

Thanks.

musicalgrl
03-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Bear Snores On board books is an AMAZING deal for three. I paid ~$8.50 for ONE of them last year!

cicada
03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Bear Snores On board books is an AMAZING deal for three. I paid ~$8.50 for ONE of them last year!

I know it's a great deal; just not sure board books are ideal for the intended recipients.

Choccie
03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Minnifer & Seitvonzu - thanks for the reviews on the nursery book. Time to place another order!

ETA: Anyone receive the "Who Am I?" books and love them (or not!)? Just wondering age group, size, etc. TIA!

Minnifer
03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
I know it's a great deal; just not sure board books are ideal for the intended recipients.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I had been pondering this myself: that, content-wise, I think the Bear books are definitely suitable for an "older" crowd, but I think folks tend to think of board books as for the younger set. I got a bunch of them anyway as gifts/favors - I figure once a parent flips through they'll get it, if not already familiar w/them...

Seitvonzu
03-05-2012, 04:36 PM
the bear books are reallyreally nice. i decided to open everything (take them out of plastic) and investigate those and the katz books...obviously, the katz books are WAY younger. the bear books have complete stories, and my 4 year old was totally cool with reading them (she likes meatier stories and has for a LONG time now). i know the hesitation with board books for older kids though....

for better or worse, i find that my kiddo really likes the board book format when she reads in bed (she does this instead of napping sometimes...*sigh*)

cicada
03-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Not sure if this is what you meant, but I had been pondering this myself: that, content-wise, I think the Bear books are definitely suitable for an "older" crowd, but I think folks tend to think of board books as for the younger set. I got a bunch of them anyway as gifts/favors - I figure once a parent flips through they'll get it, if not already familiar w/them...

Yes, that's what I meant, and thanks for your input! I think books are a great idea for party favors (we own a mountain of party favor plastic junk), and these really are a great deal price-wise. We have three of the full-length Bear books and love them.

kaitlyns.mom
03-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Don't know if anyone has said this but the three-pack of playing cards is great! Huge hit with my 4yo.

elbenn
03-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Has anyone bought My Big Book of Furry Friends? It says it retails for $30--wondering what is so special about it.

jerigirl
03-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Has anyone bought My Big Book of Furry Friends? It says it retails for $30--wondering what is so special about it.

A similar book is on amazon for $6.99
http://www.amazon.com/My-Fuzzy-Safari-Babies-Touch/dp/0689841647/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b#reader_0689841647
And others by the same author are about $10. Not sure where WM is getting $30.

elbenn
03-09-2012, 12:17 PM
A similar book is on amazon for $6.99
http://www.amazon.com/My-Fuzzy-Safari-Babies-Touch/dp/0689841647/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b#reader_0689841647
And others by the same author are about $10. Not sure where WM is getting $30.

I saw those on Amazon but they didn't have "big" in their title so I thought maybe it was a compilation book.

angiesscripts
03-09-2012, 12:21 PM
I bought 2 of them (My Big Book of Furry Friends) and I'm not that impressed. It looks just the the amazon one they posted above. It is big. I don't have it in front of me, but it does have a lot of pages. Just one fuzzy thing per 2 pages.

jerigirl
03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I bought 2 of them (My Big Book of Furry Friends) and I'm not that impressed. It looks just the the amazon one they posted above. It is big. I don't have it in front of me, but it does have a lot of pages. Just one fuzzy thing per 2 pages.

The one on amazon is 7 x 7 inches and 12 pages. Do you think yours is bigger than that?

angiesscripts
03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
The one on amazon is 7 x 7 inches and 12 pages. Do you think yours is bigger than that?

I think it is. 12 pages would only be around 6 animals, and I know the walmart one has more animals than that.....maybe double that. If you want me to I can count them tonight when I get home from work.

angiesscripts
03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
I think it is. 12 pages would only be around 6 animals, and I know the walmart one has more animals than that.....maybe double that. If you want me to I can count them tonight when I get home from work.

It's also bigger than 7 x 7.

jerigirl
03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
It's also bigger than 7 x 7.

Thanks for the info. So it does seem maybe it is a compilation or at least larger book than the amazon one. I wish the WM site would post more info about these books!

Choccie
03-09-2012, 03:19 PM
I've spent way too much - just put another $90 order in earlier this week. I'm running out of room to store everything but these will be amazing for birthday gifts. Love everything I've received so far - the Hardy Boy sets are really nice, my DS is just getting into chapter books but if he doesn't like them I'll donate to the school library. Amazing price! I finally ordered the "wee" books but just got an OOS notice for "Wee Chick" - I think I am losing my mind becuase I'm all sad that DD won't have a complete set of these books. The GG madness + walmart book deal has damaged my brain!!

June Mommy2
03-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Are the $3.15 Hardy Boys books a single book or a book set? I can't tell from the description. Are they the 'classic' Hardy Boys stories or are they modernized (looks that way from the covers!)

jerigirl
03-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Are the $3.15 Hardy Boys books a single book or a book set? I can't tell from the description. Are they the 'classic' Hardy Boys stories or are they modernized (looks that way from the covers!)
They are sets, of 8 books, I think. They are the more modern version.

Pinky
03-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Strangest thing happened... a few days ago I got an email telling me that my order was ready to be picked up at the local store. Then today I got an email telling me that they had issued a credit for the entire amount of that order. Not sure what's going on. Guess I need to call before making a trip to Walmart.

Edited to add: just looked and it says my order was canceled. ANyone else have this happen? (i ordered a bunch of books, 2nd order - baby books, wee books, nursery rhymes etc)

Choccie
03-10-2012, 02:19 AM

I've not opened them yet - they are paperback, shrink wrapped as a set - but I think I googled them before ordering to see if the content was age appropriate and I'm fairly sure the content was modern (ie, cell phones etc) which would make sense since the book covers are also modern.

Choccie
03-10-2012, 02:24 AM
Strangest thing happened... a few days ago I got an email telling me that my order was ready to be picked up at the local store. Then today I got an email telling me that they had issued a credit for the entire amount of that order. Not sure what's going on. Guess I need to call before making a trip to Walmart.

Edited to add: just looked and it says my order was canceled. ANyone else have this happen? (i ordered a bunch of books, 2nd order - baby books, wee books, nursery rhymes etc)

I got an email saying my order was cancelled, but when I took a closer look it was only the "Wee Chick" that was cancelled (OOS). I got a shipping notification yesterday and it looks like everything else is in there - including Nursery Rhymes, Bear Books, and the other Wee books. Customer service have been amazingly responsive - if you email them you'll probably hear from them pretty quickly and hopefully they can figure out what happened and get your order back in play :-)

tigs4999
03-10-2012, 11:11 AM
The big sticker books - machines and giant animals are both back in stock in case anyone else was looking for them. I had been checking just in case as I did not initially order them but after seeing the reviews wanted them.

angiesscripts
03-10-2012, 11:36 AM
The one on amazon is 7 x 7 inches and 12 pages. Do you think yours is bigger than that? My big fuzzy book

I think this might be the same as amazon. I counted the pages last night and there are 12 if you count every 2 pages as 1. If that makes sense. Hope that helps!

MomtoNico
03-10-2012, 12:13 PM
The big sticker books - machines and giant animals are both back in stock in case anyone else was looking for them. I had been checking just in case as I did not initially order them but after seeing the reviews wanted them.

I love the sticker books!!

Choccie
03-10-2012, 01:55 PM
What's the age range on the sticker books? Just wondering since there are puzzles and jokes etc - okay for a 7 year old or too babyish?

Momit
03-10-2012, 01:59 PM
What's the age range on the sticker books? Just wondering since there are puzzles and jokes etc - okay for a 7 year old or too babyish?

They don't seem babyish to me, at least the machines one. My little guy is 3.5 and I'm holding onto it for later.

Daphnecita
03-10-2012, 02:09 PM
They don't seem babyish to me, at least the machines one. My little guy is 3.5 and I'm holding onto it for later.

I agree. DD1 is a bit over three and I'm holding onto it for now. At this age she could enjoy the stickers and coloring but the activities are too old for her. Most, if not all, are for kids that can read, such as word finds. Great books for the price.

Choccie
03-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks! I might just have to order a couple... eeek. I thought I was done!

kristac
03-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Any input on the reading level for the Hardy Boys sets? DS is 7 but reads at a 3rd grade level. Pondering if they might be appropriate.

jerigirl
03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
They might be. This site is showing the reading level to be about 4 and the interest level at 4-7 (grade, I assume.)
http://www.perma-bound.com/Search/O7cjyLH2CTkSMQh_gcwpqw

I just looked at the box and it says ages 8-12.

kristac
03-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Would love to hear more feedback on the Convertibles books- age range? Wondering if it's appropriate for my 2 year old or 4.5 year old? Probably too small/young for a 7 year old right?

logan's mom
03-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Would love to hear more feedback on the Convertibles books- age range? Wondering if it's appropriate for my 2 year old or 4.5 year old? Probably too small/young for a 7 year old right?

I ordered this WEEKS ago for my 2.5 year old. It has been delayed and hasn't reached my store yet. I will let you know if/when I ever get it!

kristac
03-18-2012, 02:01 PM
I ordered this WEEKS ago for my 2.5 year old. It has been delayed and hasn't reached my store yet. I will let you know if/when I ever get it!

Hmmm. Not good. Was hoping to get it for Easter. Have other books come in? Which Convertible did you order? Was looknig at the firetruck for the 2 year old.

mom2mack&max
03-18-2012, 02:07 PM

My 3 y old loved the truck book. After about 3 weeks it ripped apart. He played w/ it a lot, but I wouldn't say he is very rough w/ toys.

Momit
03-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Hmmm. Not good. Was hoping to get it for Easter. Have other books come in? Which Convertible did you order? Was looknig at the firetruck for the 2 year old.

I ordered 2 of each and they came in the normal time - about 2 weeks I think. DS is 3.5 and I plan to give one to him for Easter. Am also thinking about one as a gift for a 4-year-old.

Choccie
03-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Minnifer & Seitvonzu - thanks for the reviews on the nursery book. Time to place another order!

ETA: Anyone receive the "Who Am I?" books and love them (or not!)? Just wondering age group, size, etc. TIA!

Just received the "Who Am I?" books and they are cute but going back. Nothing special about them - in fact kind of strange. The book that has a pig on the front cover for example, the book is all about "I have a curly tail" and "I am pink" - Who am I? Hmmm. Going. Back.

The bible stories and nursery rhyme books are both super heavy and nice quality. They would make nice gifts. They are stashed away and I'm waiting for the kids to be in bed one night early enough that I can flip through and decide if I'm keeping or not.

wcheng
03-19-2012, 03:02 AM
I love the "Easter" 3 pack of board books that I received (Little Quack, Bear and Friends, and Karen Katz). The books are all really nice quality that can be separately handed out as gifts for later on. The Bugs board books set are also very nice. Didn't like the bath toy set or the Nursery Rhyme book.

MomtoNico
04-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Hey this deal hit SD. Glad we all got a chance to get some books without the hassel of everything going out of stock.

iaam
04-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Hey this deal hit SD. Glad we all got a chance to get some books without the hassel of everything going out of stock.

I saw that last night too and has the same thought:)

Seitvonzu
04-21-2012, 11:30 AM
so it finally hit slick deals? i actually was on the site last night and couldn't believe it was STILL there.... i guess that's over, but geepers, what took them so long?

(and why did i feel this urge to order more ?)

elbenn
04-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I just saw it on the front page of SD, too. I am so glad OP posted about this deal before it was on SD!