PDA

View Full Version : Walmart.com hates me

elmojessi
02-07-2012, 01:14 AM
I'm about to lose my mind because of Walmart.com. A while back they had a great price on a camera, so I went ahead and ordered one. Within 10 minutes I had a cancellation email in my inbox saying that there was a payment processing problem. So I went back and tried again. Same error. Tried a third time with a different credit card...same error. I tried using PayPal, tried checking out as a guest, tried using a totally different email address, tried using my work computer, tried clearing my cookies. Still no luck, just more emails saying my order was cancelled due to payment processing errors. I finally contacted Walmart to find out why this kept happening to me and got a canned response to "double check card number, address, expiration date" etc. I wrote back explaining that I'd done all of that, but never got a response. By this point the camera I wanted was sold out. So frustrating.

Fast forward to today and I tried placing an order for some items and got the same stupid email. I CANNOT buy anything from their website. It's like they have something personal against me.

OH! Just typing that made me think of something. A few years ago someone used my credit card information to buy something at Walmart.com. Walmart actually called me (on thanksgiving day) to verify that I placed the order, and I told then I had not and the order was fraudulent. Do you think it's possible that the have somehow blocked my name/address combo from being able to from their site? Seems like a long shot, but I really can't figure out why I wouldn't be able to order otherwise.

jellibeans
02-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Maybe it's your credit card? Have you called them yet?

liz
02-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Is there a customer service number for Walmart? I think that your best option is to talk to someone to clear this up. How frustrating! good luck.

marymoo86
02-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm about to lose my mind because of Walmart.com. A while back they had a great price on a camera, so I went ahead and ordered one. Within 10 minutes I had a cancellation email in my inbox saying that there was a payment processing problem. So I went back and tried again. Same error. Tried a third time with a different credit card...same error. I tried using PayPal, tried checking out as a guest, tried using a totally different email address, tried using my work computer, tried clearing my cookies. Still no luck, just more emails saying my order was cancelled due to payment processing errors. I finally contacted Walmart to find out why this kept happening to me and got a canned response to "double check card number, address, expiration date" etc. I wrote back explaining that I'd done all of that, but never got a response. By this point the camera I wanted was sold out. So frustrating.

Fast forward to today and I tried placing an order for some items and got the same stupid email. I CANNOT buy anything from their website. It's like they have something personal against me.

OH! Just typing that made me think of something. A few years ago someone used my credit card information to buy something at Walmart.com. Walmart actually called me (on thanksgiving day) to verify that I placed the order, and I told then I had not and the order was fraudulent. Do you think it's possible that the have somehow blocked my name/address combo from being able to from their site? Seems like a long shot, but I really can't figure out why I wouldn't be able to order otherwise.

I had this issue with another retailer. Ended up being that the saved credit card had an expired date.