PDA

View Full Version : Best deal for Lady & the Tramp?

June Mommy2
02-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Lady & the Tramp was released today on DVD/Blu Ray. I know Disney Movie Rewards has up to $8 off for trading in an older VHS or DVD. We don't already own the movie in any form, so I'm looking for the best deal out there on a new copy. I like to get the version that includes a digital copy, but if there is a great deal on a different format I'm not picky!

ckso
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Saw this in SD. $17 at toys r us + $5 GC

http://slickdeals.net/f/3907374-Lady-and-the-Tramp-3-Disc-Diamond-Edition-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy-5-Toys-R-Us-Gift-Card-17-in-store-only

Babymakes3
02-07-2012, 04:15 PM
The above post from SD is thru TRU looks like the best, it sounds like you can pre-order the Muppets movie and it will take another $10 off.

sewarsh
02-07-2012, 04:58 PM
The above post from SD is thru TRU looks like the best, it sounds like you can pre-order the Muppets movie and it will take another $10 off.

but you have to do a $5 deposit, so technically you are getting $5 more off.
you can however return the deposit and get an additional $5 back which would be $10 in total. just wanted to clarify.

Babymakes3
02-07-2012, 10:07 PM
you can however return the deposit and get an additional $5 back which would be $10 in total. just wanted to clarify.

thanks! Sometimes getting a deal gets so complicated!

calv
02-07-2012, 11:36 PM

this totally has me confused. LOL, what do you mean return the deposit? so is it really $5 or $10 off the Muppets movie.

I've never pre-ordered anything through TRU.

sewarsh
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Just went to TRU yesterday.
here's my transaction:

$25 Diamond edition Blu-Ray (3-disc, includes digital copy) on sale (orig $35)
(8) Disney DMR coupons
$5 Muppets deposit
(10) Discount for preordering Muppets
= $12 + tax

Plus I got a $5 gift card for purchasing L&T. Not bad!
If I really want, I can cancel my Muppets preorder and receive the $5 deposit back, but I'm not going to bother.

mjrwe
02-09-2012, 12:34 PM
bummer, my TRU didn't have the preorder slips. I asked at CS and at the electronics counter but neither could find it. I wouldn't put it pass them to have pulled it like other people reported on the slickdeals thread :(

oh well... $17 and a $5 gc for later is still an ok deal.

calv
02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Just went to TRU yesterday.
here's my transaction:

$25 Diamond edition Blu-Ray (3-disc, includes digital copy) on sale (orig $35)
(8) Disney DMR coupons
$5 Muppets deposit
(10) Discount for preordering Muppets
= $12 + tax

Plus I got a $5 gift card for purchasing L&T. Not bad!
If I really want, I can cancel my Muppets preorder and receive the $5 deposit back, but I'm not going to bother.

a lot easier to do than it sounds. thanks, I was able to get this whole deal. I doubt you can can cancel the pre order otherwise they'd probably take the $10 off coupon away. TRU is pretty good at catching that sort of thing. Anytime I've spent X amount to receive a gift card or get something free, they always deduct it from your refund amount. Kids really LOVED the muppets so hopefully they'll be another coupon from disney once it comes out in March when I pick up my pre-order. So when I am ready to pick it up is it $5 cheaper because of the deoposit that I put down?

June Mommy2
02-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Saw this in SD. $17 at toys r us + $5 GC

http://slickdeals.net/f/3907374-Lady-and-the-Tramp-3-Disc-Diamond-Edition-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-Copy-5-Toys-R-Us-Gift-Card-17-in-store-only

Thank you for this! I used the coupon and got the movie today. (I didn't try the extra Muppets pre-order deal.)

sewarsh
02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
a lot easier to do than it sounds. thanks, I was able to get this whole deal. I doubt you can can cancel the pre order otherwise they'd probably take the $10 off coupon away. TRU is pretty good at catching that sort of thing. Anytime I've spent X amount to receive a gift card or get something free, they always deduct it from your refund amount. Kids really LOVED the muppets so hopefully they'll be another coupon from disney once it comes out in March when I pick up my pre-order. So when I am ready to pick it up is it $5 cheaper because of the deoposit that I put down?

I don't know what would happen if you returned the preorder - i know some people were talking about doing it on SD, but i wouldn't because i don't think its very fair thing to do.

Anyways, yes, the Muppets movie will be $5 less since you put down a deposit, plus there will probably be a coupon and hopefully TRU will put it on sale. For instance, let's say hypothetically, the orig price = $40, TRU puts it on sale for $30 then there's a $10 Disney coupon less your $5 deposit less your $5 gift card you received for buying L&T, you'd end up spending an additional $10 cash (all of these are hypotheticals, of course). That's $22 for 2 Blu-Ray movies, not bad.

calv
02-10-2012, 11:37 AM
thanks for explaining that. very helpful. :)

What other disney movies or other kids movies are expected to be released on DVD in the next month and a half? Trying to think of more to put in the Easter baskets.