PDA

View Full Version : Help with Convertible Car Seat for Toyota Corolla

penny.pincher
02-07-2012, 05:04 PM
My DD is 10.5 months and getting close to outgrowing her Graco SnugRide 35, so we're in the market for a convertible car seat. She is around 30 inches tall and about 18 pounds. We need a seat that will fit in our 2004 Toyota Corolla. We hardly ever move the seat, so the weight or installation time isn't as big of a deal for us. We've been recommended Britax, Evenflo and Diono (Sunshine Kids) car seats for different reasons from different people. I'm more than a little overwhelmed! Because she is so tall, my main concern would be a taller seat that would last as long as possible. Help, please?

candaceb
02-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I have a Britax Blvd RF in my 2003 Pontiac Vibe, which should have a very similar seat setup to a 2004 Corolla (they are on the same wheel base). It fits fine. I have installed a SK Radian (the older one - bought 3 years ago) and it fit, but it would not work with taller driver - the back of the seat extended into the driver and passengers' seats.

AnnieW625
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
We have a Roundabout 55 rfing in our 01 Corolla. I was so thankful when Britax revealed the newer seats because the old seats didn't fit back there well at all.

NCGrandma
02-08-2012, 03:48 PM
I have a Britax Blvd RF in my 2003 Pontiac Vibe, which should have a very similar seat setup to a 2004 Corolla (they are on the same wheel base). It fits fine. I have installed a SK Radian (the older one - bought 3 years ago) and it fit, but it would not work with taller driver - the back of the seat extended into the driver and passengers' seats.

To jump on this thread ... thanks, this is reassuring to me. My family has a similar-vintage Toyota Matrix (twin to the Vibe). I just bought them a Blvd 70 but they haven't had a chance to try installing it yet. Their other car is a Mazda5, and from everything I've learned here, almost anything will fit well in it.

MontrealMum
02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
We had an old style MA RFing in the middle of our Corolla and the front seats weren't affected at all. The base of the MA is so high that the seat RFing just floated above the seatbacks of the front seats. We've also had a RN XTSL in that same position although that required that the seats be pushed up a bit. I was relieved (as a mostly passenger in that car) when we turned it around. I think you said you have a tall child? The RN got my tall DS (95%) to 4 Rfing. He's still in it FFing at 4.5 yrs.

new_mommy25
02-11-2012, 05:13 AM
We have had the Marathon and Boulevard rf in our 03 Corolla and there was enough room. The best position is in the middle because nestles between the two front seats, but it worked just fine outboard as well.