PDA

View Full Version : What bothers me on Facebook

fumofu
02-08-2012, 02:50 AM
I need to get this off my chest.

I am so tired of reading religious posts on Facebook. It's not just one a day, it's several times a day. I get tired of anyone posting about the same thing over and over several times a day. And posts like these make me extra ticked off:

"Sadly, 97% of Facebook users won't repost this. When Jesus died on the cross, He was thinking of you. If you are the 3% who cares, repost and like this. Repost if you love God. He already saw you read it."

I like this colleague of mine. I like reading updates on her personal life. I just wish she would share personal news more frequently than her views on religion.

Liziz
02-08-2012, 08:08 AM
"Sadly, 97% of Facebook users won't repost this. When Jesus died on the cross, He was thinking of you. If you are the 3% who cares, repost and like this. Repost if you love God. He already saw you read it."

I can't stand these!!! It's like the social-media version of chain letters. Um, so now all of a sudden I'm anti-Jesus (or support child abuse, or poverty, or whatever other "cause" these type of messages always have) because I don't feel like re-posting a silly phrase and broadcasting it to everyone on Facebook??? I don't get the motivation to post (or re-post) these at all.

wellyes
02-08-2012, 08:28 AM
I can't stand these!!! It's like the social-media version of chain letters. Um, so now all of a sudden I'm anti-Jesus (or support child abuse, or poverty, or whatever other "cause" these type of messages always have) because I don't feel like re-posting a silly phrase and broadcasting it to everyone on Facebook??? I don't get the motivation to post (or re-post) these at all.

It's the new chain letter. Friends should't do that to friends! Also dislike "If you know someone who battled cancer..... "Is there anyone who hasn't known someone? Is anyone pro cancer? Does it help researchers get more money if I copy and paste, or give companionship to someone who is suffering? All that does is remind me of loved ones who are gone.

hellokitty
02-08-2012, 09:36 AM
I don't like those type of FB chain letters. They are just dumb and I never re-post. When I read the title, I thought you meant ppl who are always making religious comments. I get a LOT of those on my FB, b/c our moms club using FB, so all the members are on it. Whenever something good happens to someone, they have to make a comment about how all the credit is due to god, even things like doing well on an exam, etc.. I find those odd, but it's probably b/c I'm not religious. If I do well on an exam, I'm not praising god, I'm thinking, "good thing I studied for that test!"

MoJo
02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm Christian and tend to "like" spiritual things on facebook. I think prayer requests are one of the greatest uses of facebook!

However, I totally ignore any of the chain letter type things you are describing and think those only serve to annoy nearly everyone who sees them. Thankfully, only two of my seventy "religious" friends post that stuff.