PDA

View Full Version : snugride rear adjustment

omgitstwins
02-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Is the rear adjust on the snugrides really that terrible? I'm interested in purchasing a couple of them but if it's a huge hassle I may reconsider because life with twins will be challenging enough. lol

lorinick
02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Is the rear adjust on the snugrides really that terrible? I'm interested in purchasing a couple of them but if it's a huge hassle I may reconsider because life with twins will be challenging enough. lol

Skip it. They are crappy...

pastrygirl
02-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes, they are TERRIBLE.

Melaine
02-09-2012, 09:37 AM
How do you know which adjuster they have if you are looking at them online?

mom2binsd
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Unless they have the boot on them you'll see the strap hanging down...I think in the description if it's front adjust it might say it, rear adjust it doesn't mention it at all.

ditty
02-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I think the only snugrides with the rear adjust are the 22lb ones. I thought anything over that (30, 32, 35lb) are all front adjust with the strap.

My in-laws have the 22lb one and wouldn't just buy the base that matched our 30lb when it was half off at BRU and so when we're in their car we have to use theirs and I hate that you can't loosen the straps to get the baby out and just re-tighten when you put them back in. It's annoying.

omgitstwins
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
I found some sunugrides with the front adjust. I like the keyfits but I need extra bases and the chicco base is double the cost of the graco so that swayed my decision. That and the fact that chiccos are heavy.

Melaine
02-09-2012, 09:34 PM
I found some sunugrides with the front adjust. I like the keyfits but I need extra bases and the chicco base is double the cost of the graco so that swayed my decision. That and the fact that chiccos are heavy.

Yes, for twins you definitely want the lightest possible seats! I got bigger seats thinking they would last longer but in reality I moved up to convertibles way quicker anyway and they were so heavy to lift. Get the lightest ones!

omgitstwins
02-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Also, if you go to gracobaby.com you can filter out the rear adjusting ones. They still make some front adjust 22s.

Joolsplus2
02-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Snugride 30's are just as light. Maybe there's a deal on them at albeebaby or something?
SR22's really don't fit small or large babies very well (high bottom slots don't fit newborns, short seatbacks don't fit taller infants long), and it's surprisingly hard to find spare bases for them (SR 35's have the best bases, they also fit the SR30's)

AnnieW625
02-10-2012, 01:53 PM
We had one for DD1 and I was not a fan and neither was DH. We had an older model of the Snugride 35 with DD2 and we liked that seat so much better. If there are still SR22s out there the back adjusting ones are usually between $65 and $85 and the front adjust models were over $100. If the seat box or item description says "Graco Pedic" it will be a front adjust model. The back adjust SR22s were sold at big box stores like Wal Mart, Kmart, and Target for the less than $100. In the store Target sells the SR35 too.

mackmama
02-10-2012, 02:10 PM
We had the rear adjusting snugride. It was a pain at first, but then I didn't really mind it. If anything, it's a little challenging having the front adjust on our Blvd since I always have to move DC's legs to access it.