PDA

View Full Version : Toddler who refuses naps now that she can climb out

hoodlims
02-08-2012, 07:30 PM
My nearly 2 year old used to be the perfect kid in terms of sleep. 11.5hrs at night, and between 2-3 hours for an afternoon nap. I was in bliss!

Then she discovered how to climb out of her crib and refuses to nap now, insisting on playing with all of her clothes, shoes, diapers, etc. She can play independently for quite awhile, but then starts bugging to get out. I have put her back in repeatedly, let her cry until she falls asleep on the floor for a little bit and then wake, and let her do her own thing for nearly 2 hours before letting her out.

I know she needs to sleep. In fact, her lack of nap is causing her to wake up earlier in the mornings too. What can I do to make her sleep?

DietCokeLover
02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
You need a crib tent!

Eta link. http://www.amazon.com/Tots-Mind-Cozy-Crib-White/dp/B00014PLAY

AshleyAnn
02-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Crib Tent!!! I bought one when my 23 month old started climbing out and it is some of the best money Ive spent. I felt bad at first but she loved it from day one. Guess it makes her bed cozy. i put a quilt with colorful animal pictures over the top to make it more homey.

mmsmom
02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes, crib tent all the way! My DS loved his so much that he stayed in his crib till 3.5 because he didn't want to sleep without it. It did take a couple days to convince him it was cool. I am now using it for DD who doesn't love it but it is a bargaining tool... I leave it unzipped as long as she does not climb out.

elbenn
02-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes, definitely a crib tent!

hoodlims
02-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Great, sounds like the way to go! I wasn't sure if they were made solely to keep cats out (like maybe a kid could figure out how to escape) but it seems like it would work. Going to purchase ASAP!

babyonway
04-20-2012, 09:18 PM
You need a crib tent!

Eta link. http://www.amazon.com/Tots-Mind-Cozy-Crib-White/dp/B00014PLAY

This link isn't working can someone direct me to another?

hoodlims
04-22-2012, 02:04 AM
Strange, I bet it will pop up again. We actually returned ours at the urging of our ped and she naps now in her big girl bed.

hoodlims
05-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Ok, here is the answer to what happened to the crib tent.

Hello,

We’ve recently learned that the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has announced a recall on Tots in Mind Play Yard and Crib Tents. Our records indicate that you’ve purchased one of the items listed in this recall from Amazon.com. The item is a dome-shaped, white-colored mesh tent designed to fit over play yards and cribs. A label with Tots In Mind logo is located on the non-mesh portion near the top of the tent.

The crib tents and play yard tents can present an entrapment and strangulation hazard to infants and toddlers if the dome portion inverts inside the crib or play yard, or if the product becomes partially detached from the crib or play yard.

You may also find additional details about the recall in the CPSC bulletin at:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12179.html

Customers who have purchased these products from Amazon.com are eligible for a 365 Day Return and can receive a full refund upon return of the product. For more information about 365-Day Returns, see: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=901892

Please visit our online returns center for a prepaid return shipping label at: www.amazon.com/returns

Select that the item is “defective” when asked for a reason for the return.

If you purchased this item for someone else, please notify them of the recall and provide them with this information. Upon return of the product, they will be eligible for a refund in the form of an Amazon gift card.

We regret the inconvenience this recall has caused you, but trust you will understand that the safety of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com
www.amazon.com