PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with me?

HIU8
02-08-2012, 09:47 PM
In the past 3 days I've had 2 episodes of my blood sugar bottoming out. I get shaky and feel like my legs are lead pieces and it's hard to think straight. I've been drinking a glass of OJ and eating some protein when it happens and it seems to take hours for me to level off again. Of course, my DH got his glucose monitor to test my blood sugar and as he put the strip in with my blood on it, the darn thing died. We didn't have a spare battery for it in the house. I have not altered how/what I'm eating in any way lately. I'm a little freaked out. My father has type II diabetes. My mother has hypoglycemia. My dad diabetes did not become apparent until well after he turned 50. I'm 41. These episodes have happened to me before, but it's maybe once every 6-8 months. Do I monitor myself or go see a doctor?

mom_hanna
02-08-2012, 11:30 PM
I would go to the doctor and get yourself checked out. It would be awful if it happened to you while you were driving or something. Hope you get it figured out.

ahisma
02-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Could you have a virus? My friend's parents live in your area (MD) and have had a virus with very similar symptoms this week - her dad wound up heading to the ER to get checked out because it was so unsettling to him.

HIU8
02-08-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know. I didn't even think of that. It's hard to tell if I am sick or not. I always feel tired and run down. I honestly do not know what having energy feels like anymore.

SnuggleBuggles
02-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Sounds like a full check up is in order! Vitamin D, thyroid, GTT...have them run it all and see what comes up!

KpbS
02-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Definitely make an appt. asap but go to the hospital if you are feeling truly bad. :hug: