PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime Sharing question!

Mikey0709
02-09-2012, 04:26 PM
For you who do this....

Is there just ONE amazon account used? For example if i wanted to share prime with a friend - - do we still keep our same amazon accounts we have set up?

Or to share would we have to share an account (which we wouldn't want to do because of credit card info listed).

Does this make sense?

I have a kindle fire so I was thinking of signing up for Prime yearly - - but a friend also mentioned it and I was wondering if i can share the benefits with her (JUST shipping) from her own amazon account. I understand that ONLY the prime original member can do the kindle streaming/lending.

Thanks for your help - their website isn't too clear on whether you each keep you original amazon account???

TwinFoxes
02-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I shared with DH, we have completely separate accounts (different address books, CC#s etc).

mum-to-be
02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
When you share your prime membership you are only sharing the prime shipping. You still have completely separate accounts and have no way of seeing the details of the person you share with (and vice versa).

YouAreTheFocus
02-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Yep, you can totally share the prime part with friends, family, coworkers, whoever, and nothing else about your account changes or is shared. It's pretty awesome!

Edensmum
02-09-2012, 10:33 PM
how do you share it with someone? Is it under manage prime?

Mikey0709
02-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Thank you all! Just what I wanted to hear! I'm sure they don't readily post about sharing...so they can enroll more prime memberships...but now that I can share I'll give it a try!

mum-to-be
02-09-2012, 11:03 PM
how do you share it with someone? Is it under manage prime?

yes, you invite them to share.

indigo99
02-09-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that it is actually not allowed to share outside of your immediate family household. Not sure if they'll ever crack down on this, but they could.

MacMacMoo
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
as far as I know the only thing they use to check if you are family is what you call the person you are sharing with and if you know each others birthday.