PDA

View Full Version : Window Treatments for Sliding Glass Doors

baymom
02-09-2012, 05:29 PM
What kind of window treatments do you guys have on your sliding glass doors? We have had the 3 inch wide canvas-y vertical blinds up for the last ten years and really want a change. I posted to the "Around the House" forum and got some good ideas, but after spending weeks on finding (and buying!) the exact curtains and hardware I wanted, I realized it won't work. I thought it'd be nice to have double curtain rods with a sheer inside and a lined curtain on the outside. But, last night, after taking down the blinds and almost drilling in the rods, DH realized that with where the supports would be (two in the middle), we'd never be able to push the panels ALL the way to just one side....which we'd definitely want/need to be able to do.

So, please, hit me with some ideas on other options for sliding glass doors!

BeachBum
02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Do you need privacy? Light control? or just for them to look nice?

baymom
02-09-2012, 07:09 PM
All three, really. Our back yard opens up to a lagoon, so privacy is the least important, I guess. Mainly, I would like an easy ability to let light in and also to block it out, as well as to look good. We rarely use it as a door to go into the backyard. Ideas?