PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Brazil for work/done business there?

hillview
02-09-2012, 07:11 PM
I am trying to figure out the dress code for business for women. any thoughts?

citymama
02-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Yes, I've been many times. Brazilian women dress well, very professionally, and feminine at the same time. Think skirt suits, make-up and heels. Let me add that I didn't dress this way when I was in Brazil (never do!) but pretty tops and trousers or professional-looking dresses would work too. And if you don't have the right pair of shoes, don't worry - they sell amazing footwear in Brazil! I went to one store in Sao Paulo that had a separate massive room (as big as a store) for each shoe size! Swoon!

hillview
02-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Yes, I've been many times. Brazilian women dress well, very professionally, and feminine at the same time. Think skirt suits, make-up and heels. Let me add that I didn't dress this way when I was in Brazil (never do!) but pretty tops and trousers or professional-looking dresses would work too. And if you don't have the right pair of shoes, don't worry - they sell amazing footwear in Brazil! I went to one store in Sao Paulo that had a separate massive room (as big as a store) for each shoe size! Swoon!

Ok if I was going to meet with say executives at a large bank could I wear a DVF wrap dress? I am in a sales position/going to do exec pitch.
THANKS!!

citymama
02-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Yes, a professional looking dress (DVF wrap sounds like it) would be fine.

So many Brazilian women look perfect, it's intimidating. Lots of plastic surgery and makeup. I will also point out that even in the top business echelons, very few people speak English, unlike in many other countries I have traveled to or worked in.

Where in Brazil are you going? I am a big fan!

hillview
02-09-2012, 07:58 PM
I am PMing you!