PDA

View Full Version : Anti Bitch

Giantbear
02-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I should say that most days and nights with my DD are precious and fun and filled with snuggles (yeah, i'm one of those parents), but tonight was especially fun. My wife is going through some serious issues, so i am the primary care parent, about 70/30 split, and nighttime can be precarious at best. We both work, i usually get home around 6:30 and my wife gets dd home from daycare around that time too, so nighttime is usually make dinner while feeding dd, eat and clean up, 30-45 minutes of play and off to bed. Tonight started the same, until bath time. Now, dd Loves her bath, usually plays and draws with the bath crayons and loves to have water poured over her head. Tonight though, she started kicking and splashing and saying 'ready, set....' and waiting for me to say 'go' before she starts kicking and splashing...... (if i said stop instead, she would wait for me to say go) The whole bathroom was soaked including daddy, and she was laughing like crazy. We then went in to get ready for bed and she was running around, laughing and babbling. It even got my wife laughing and smiling, which was nice. She finally settled down about 20 minutes late for bed (tomorrow morning will be impossible for me to get her up), but what a great night!!

niccig
02-09-2012, 10:03 PM
I love nights like that. This is definitely an anti-bitch. Enjoy your DD, sounds like she's showing more and more personality. To me, this is the fun part of parenting, and easier than when they're babies.

jgenie
02-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Those are the moments that make it all worth it. Glad to hear you had a great evening.

SnuggleBuggles
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
I love nights like that!

Giantbear
02-09-2012, 10:29 PM
these nights are great, especially now. I am used to spending a lot of alone time with dd on the weekends, and with the start of tax season, now i get home later and only get Sundays, and i am trying to fit a weeks worth of errands into one day. I really miss the time with dd. It is the one plus to what has been going on here since dd was born, i got to connect with her on a level that i otherwise wouldn't have, and while i would rather things not be like this, i am digging the closeness with my daughter.

DietCokeLover
02-09-2012, 10:32 PM
What a sweet and precious night.

mmommy
02-09-2012, 11:10 PM
So much fun! And I love seeing my DH and DD have fun together like you describe. That daddy daughter relationship is just so exciting to watch!

carolinamama
02-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Love times like that. It's what parenting is all about - and makes it all worth it.

elbenn
02-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Glad you had so much fun!

DrSally
02-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Fun! So great that you can be in thr moment and not worry about the water mess :)
I try to remind myself that messes can be cleaned up, but good memories last forever.
Sorry things are so tough right now, but glad you could have a spot of brightness.

Uno-Mom
02-10-2012, 12:12 AM
these nights are great, especially now. I am used to spending a lot of alone time with dd on the weekends, and with the start of tax season, now i get home later and only get Sundays, and i am trying to fit a weeks worth of errands into one day. I really miss the time with dd. It is the one plus to what has been going on here since dd was born, i got to connect with her on a level that i otherwise wouldn't have, and while i would rather things not be like this, i am digging the closeness with my daughter.
That's an amazing attitude. Traditional society can be so unfair to dads...they can really miss out on the best things!

Your post is timely - Sprog is taking her bath right now with daddy at her side. They sound more sedate than your experience, though. :)

ETA: from the sound of it, they're pretending to be ghosts with the bath towels. :)

keh602
02-10-2012, 01:27 AM
I needed to read this tonight. I've been reading too much sad news involving kids this week, so to read your post just warmed my heart. Your daughter is very lucky to have you. :)

amldaley
02-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Awesome post! This totally made me miss doing those things with DD1. The last few weeks, I have not really been involved in bed or bath at all as I am already in bed by then myself. I have to remember to thank DH for all he is doing.

Thank YOU for sharing a great post!

YouAreTheFocus
02-10-2012, 03:46 AM
This is such an adorable image, thanks for sharing. I laughed when you mentioned her getting settled down 20 min late....I am guilty of that more often than not. It's so hard to "put them away" when you're having such fun. The time after work is too short!

fedoragirl
02-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Thanks for sharing. That is a wonderful relationship you have there. Our DD wants Daddy all the time even though I am around her more. I don't resent it. I don't have a close and snuggly relationship with my dad even though I love him, so I am thrilled that DD has someone she can goof around with. Dads and daughters---not so cliche after all.

liz
02-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Those are the moments that make it all worth it. Glad to hear you had a great evening.

:yeahthat: aww, thanks for sharing Dad!

MamaMolly
02-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Totally worth the mess! I'm so glad you guys all had fun. Sounds like a good time to me. :)

Clarity
02-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Your posts made me smile. It sounds like you've got a lot going on at home right now. I hope it gets easier for you soon. Sounds like your daughter is lucky to have such a great daddy.

BabyBearsMom
02-10-2012, 09:25 AM
You are such an awesome Dad! :jammin: Your wife and DD are lucky to have you. Sounds like you had a great time.

Any chance you want to share you tricks for how to get a kid to love having water poured over her head? Mine acts like you are smothering her in acid!

Giantbear
02-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks all for the kind words.

No real secret to the water over the head, i've been doing it since her first bath, she never wanted to put her head back and hated those cups meant to keep water off of the face, so i would just dump a cup on her head.

TwinFoxes
02-10-2012, 10:34 AM
What a sweet post. :) Sorry things are so rough, but what a silver lining.

Seitvonzu
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
daddy/daughter bath time is a special thing at our house too. i have to say, while i don't need another "thing" on my plate (so, no dh i'm not volunteering to take over bathtime ;)), i do get a little envious when i hear the delighted squeals coming from our daughter's bathroom :)

sounds just great :) you're such a good daddy :)

mackmama
02-10-2012, 12:36 PM
I loved your post. That bath sounded like a blast! Your little gal is lucky to have you. I'm sorry to hear that your wife is going through some difficulty, as I can hear the strain through your words. I'm glad your special times with your daughter help you smile.