PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my pump?

janine
02-10-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm using a Medela Pump in Style (older model from my first DC) and pump several times a day - taking it to work and back. I've often wondered what I'd do if it broke! Well today one pump had no suction, which meant the other couldn't. It's not the tube, or the suction from the engine (since I've switched tubes to test it). It seems to be something in the cup (not sure of the terminology). Any ideas..I don't want to have to buy another pump!

caheinz
02-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Have you ever changed out the white membranes? That can make a world of difference! (They'll also cause problems if they aren't seated properly...)

megs4413
02-10-2012, 07:56 PM
yes check the white "membrane"..it's a small, round, thin plastic piece attached to the yellow cap that goes on the end of the horn thing. make sure all of those pieces are connected securely and that the membrane is opening and closing properly when it's all hooked up and turned on.

janine
02-10-2012, 08:30 PM
yes check the white "membrane"..it's a small, round, thin plastic piece attached to the yellow cap that goes on the end of the horn thing. make sure all of those pieces are connected securely and that the membrane is opening and closing properly when it's all hooked up and turned on.

ok going to try it - had no idea those things could create a suction issue...will let you know! thank you...

DrSally
02-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Have you ever changed out the white membranes? That can make a world of difference! (They'll also cause problems if they aren't seated properly...)

:yeahthat:

janine
02-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks all, it worked (secured the membranes)!

WatchingThemGrow
02-10-2012, 10:32 PM
You probably should CHANGE the membranes every so often. It makes all the difference.