PDA

View Full Version : Freeze or not?

twowhat?
02-10-2012, 11:05 PM
We agreed to do take-out pizza for dinner. So DH ordered 4 (yes, FOUR) LARGE pizzas from Papa Johns. For 2 adults and 2 preschoolers. :shrug:

He said "that way we'll have lunch for a whole week". I didn't have the heart to tell him what a dumb idea I thought it was because we don't have toaster ovens at work and I cannot stand leftover pizza heated up in a microwave.

So my question is - how well does this stuff freeze? If I could, I'd freeze most of it and take it out for dinners or lunches at home where it could be properly heated up in an oven.

Any BTDT?

hellokitty
02-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Lol, that sounds like typical man thinking. I don't think you will have any problems freezing it. I would just make sure you use wax paper or something in btwn each slice (if you stack them).

123LuckyMom
02-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Wrap 'em individually in foil. They'll freeze just fine.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Lol, that sounds like typical man thinking. I don't think you will have any problems freezing it. I would just make sure you use wax paper or something in btwn each slice (if you stack them).

:yeahthat:

i've frozen pizza slices in ziploc freezer bags before without problems.

And i totally agree with the "typical man thinking." With my DH, one his irrational fears is not ordering enough food..especially for a party, or get-together we are hosting. It's like, the world will end if everyone doesn't have the opportunity to stuff themselves a thousand times over. :shrug: For example, his rule of thumb for desserts holiday dinners is...get this....one pie per person (!). He comes from a family that's obsessed with food and overeating, doesn't eat healthy at all, so i can't really blame him, but it's frustrating when he's always ordering too much food and we have to deal with leftovers later. ok, rant over..sorry for the hijack... :)

hellokitty
02-10-2012, 11:35 PM
:yeahthat:

i've frozen pizza slices in ziploc freezer bags before without problems.

And i totally agree with the "typical man thinking." With my DH, one his irrational fears is not ordering enough food..especially for a party, or get-together we are hosting. It's like, the world will end if everyone doesn't have the opportunity to stuff themselves a thousand times over. :shrug: For example, his rule of thumb for desserts holiday dinners is...get this....one pie per person (!). He comes from a family that's obsessed with food and overeating, doesn't eat healthy at all, so i can't really blame him, but it's frustrating when he's always ordering too much food and we have to deal with leftovers later. ok, rant over..sorry for the hijack... :)

:rotflmao: One pie per person? I understand though, my dad is the same way. He makes my mom cook about 3x more food than needed and it is so much food, we just get sick, b/c they keep forcing their guests to eat. My dad got upset when I wanted to have table service for my wedding service. He insisted that if I didn't have a buffet all the guests would, "starve to death." So, I ended up having the damn buffet, b/c he wouldn't stop throwing a fit over it.

twowhat?
02-10-2012, 11:57 PM
A pie per person?? Hahahaha! That one takes the cake! (no pun intended)

ett
02-11-2012, 12:45 AM

Yup, that's what we do here too.

ahisma
02-11-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm stuck on the one pie per person thing. Does anyone eat a whole pie? That's a heck of a lot of pie! I hope you don't have to bake all of them...

niccig
02-11-2012, 02:27 AM
: For example, his rule of thumb for desserts holiday dinners is...get this....one pie per person (!).

I understand your pain. This is my mother. We called for Christmas and she rattled off the 6 desserts she had made. My sister and I looked at each other and asked "and how many people are there", thinking she had invited friends over for Christmas Dinner. Her answer "me, your father, your aunt and your cousin." Yes, 6 desserts for FOUR people. We kept cracking jokes about how everyone had to eat 1.5 desserts each.

WatchingThemGrow
02-11-2012, 07:31 AM
We love to reheat pizza on a baking stone or in our speed cooker/advantium oven. Just have it for dinner one night. Wax paper between the pieces in a glass pyrex dish is what we do.

HonoluluMom
02-11-2012, 08:25 AM

I've also done individual slice in foil and then several in a freezer bag.

twowhat?
02-11-2012, 09:38 AM
We love to reheat pizza on a baking stone or in our speed cooker/advantium oven. Just have it for dinner one night. Wax paper between the pieces in a glass pyrex dish is what we do.

I've also done individual slice in foil and then several in a freezer bag.

Thanks everyone! I ended up feezing this way. As for the pizza stone idea
..good one! We do have a pizza stone. Do you just put it on there frozen and in the oven until hot?