PDA

View Full Version : Another vote for getting sized

echoesofspring
02-11-2012, 01:03 AM
I've been feeling like I'm sooooo over my nursing bras at this point, and would like to be wearing a regular one/something pretty when I know I won't be nursing, but alas, my prepreg bras aren't fitting (no surprise). So I went to get sized. I weigh exactly the same as I did before I was preg, and I'm definitely not nearly has big as I was when DS was full on nursing at 3/4 months, etc. But my bra size (measured at the same store both times) has gone from 34D to a 34DDD! Whoa! No wonder I'm always surprised when I see photos of myself :) ....I put my tshirt on over one of the new bras, and a I swear I lost 10 lbs.

DrSally
02-11-2012, 12:26 PM
A good firring bra doea make you look so much better, doesn't it.

tarnator
02-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I am in the same boat as you.
I was wearing one of my nursing bras yesterday and the fit is terrible! I look so saggy and flabby. I was huge post partum and have now shrunk, but not enough to wear my regular bras.

So I am in that sucky transition spot where none of my bras fit. I actually did my own 'self measurement' and sure enough I am about a 34 DD. So right in between the 36 DD nursing bras and and my 34 C regulars. I feel yucky in clothes right now. I refuse to buy any more bras right now - so I will just have to wait another month or two until things fit again. I can't wait!

Sopamanda
02-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Blech. I was 32D pre-pregnancy and got 2 nice bras, which was painful as they were -spendy-.

I never developed superboobs with ds 1 but I think I'm well in my way. Need to do something about it as I'm afraid I'm stretching those 32ds out but I'm due shortly.

Is it normal to go up a band size or just cups?

32s are tough to find! I can't imagine how hard that might be in nursing bras!

Ugh!

echoesofspring
02-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Is it normal to go up a band size or just cups?

I only my experience to go for but I went up in both band and cup size during preg, and then larger cup while nursing (and now 10 months in I'm back to basically the same band but larger cup)

echoesofspring
02-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I feel yucky in clothes right now. I refuse to buy any more bras right now - so I will just have to wait another month or two until things fit again

I hear you! For me it was worth getting 2 (1 nude, 1 black) new bras.... I figure I have no idea how much long I'll be nursing, at least 2 months and then we'll just take it as it comes...I decided I wasn't going to wait. It was a splurge, for sure, but I feel so much better.

Globetrotter
02-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Good for you!!

That's a tough transition time! I wore the same old awful nursing bras for years, until DH (who never says anything about such things) said I should replace them :bag

Now I am sure I was also wearing the wrong size!