PDA

View Full Version : Night training

Snow mom
02-11-2012, 10:08 AM
How did you decide when to transition from pull ups to undies at night? I was originally thinking if DD (3) could stay dry 7 nights in a row we'd let her wear her undies to bed but that happened much faster than I anticipated. She's been increasingly dry at night since she was declared complete day training about 4 months ago. She doesn't wake at night to potty but typically will be dry when she wakes in the morning unless she's pounding liquids before bed. She has started to ask when we can give her pull ups to a little baby (this is what we tell her when we give away something she doesn't want us to :bag and she's apparently turning it around on me). I don't really want to create a huge laundry issue in my house, but I don't know when I should let her try. Is there any chance that being able to know when she is wetting at night will help her wake if she needs to? How many night time accidents were considered too many in your house?

daisymommy
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM
It takes most kids a long time to become night trained (like age 5) because it's totally involuntary. Their body has to do the work while their brain is literally asleep.
I think I waited for a month of dry nights before doing undies, but made sure to still have a waterproof bed pad on the bed after that too (under the sheet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peanut520
02-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Dd was completely day trained by 26mo and at 30mo she declared she no longer wanted to wear pull ups and wanted to wear her underwear at night. We took her lead and let her wear her underwear at night even though she rarely had dry nights. We have had only 3-4 accidents in the last 6 months since she made the no pull up statement.