PDA

View Full Version : Best price on dining chairs?

sdoyle
02-11-2012, 10:08 AM
So I finally git the nerve up to order the 12 foot dining table I have wanted for YEARS only to find that the chairs will cost 3 times the price of the table! Anyone have any ideas where I can find some reasonably priced? I'm not too picky but would like something nicer than the folding chairs my husband suggested :)

TIA!

Stacy

tarnator
02-11-2012, 02:20 PM
I can't help....

But I need some too! So good luck!

Deal Queen
02-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Target.com has a good selection and most are sold in 2 packs. http://www.target.com/c/furniture-kitchen-dining-furniture-dining-chairs-benches/-/N-5xtml#?lnk=nav_t_spc_6_inc_5_5
We just purchased a long table and have benches on either side which I really love for the kids. If your husband is handy he can easily make them, or even one for one side. I think it's okay to mix and match chairs. They are fun to paint different colors too with some good milk or chalk paint. We have repainted lots of funiture lately. It's amazing how it transforms a piece.

Good luck!

MMMommy
02-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Cost Plus (World Market) has some well made dining chairs at reasonable prices.

Mopey
02-11-2012, 07:44 PM
I just ordered faux tortoise shell bamboo folding chairs from www.bizchair.com

My sis also has the white ballroom style ones (like at wedding receptions) and she loves them. I thought they were really reasonable and both kinds look great in person (seriously) and are comfy. They have a wide variety so maybe you can find something there!

Have fun! Congrats on the table!!! :)

Babymakes3
02-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Start watching Craiglist! Depending on what the table looks like maybe you can do a few different kinds!

mypa
02-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I just got some from Target.com when there was a sale two weeks ago (they were almost half price of what they are now, $49 vs. $89) and used the $10 AAA coupon plus 5% Target card. Looks like there is a 15% sale now. Just make sure to read the reviews and look at the return policy for each item. Some allow returns to store, but many furniture items do not.

lauren3110
02-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I got ours at Garden Ridge and they have held up really well

LD92599
02-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Try a local furniture store! We bought chairs there fairly inexpensive (~$100 ea).

newg
02-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Do you have a place like this near you?
http://www.woodcraftunfinishedfurniture.com/

I haven't bought any furniture from them yet...but we almost got our new kitchen table from them, and will get any extra chairs from them when it's time.
They can match the finish to any furniture piece if we bring in something for them to match.
I think we'll even use them if we add pieces to DD2's room, since we went with a dark stain for nursery furniture and I'm having a hard time matching anything to it.
The chair were between $100-$300 including the finishing.

sdoyle
02-12-2012, 12:12 AM
Thank you everyone!! I didn't even think of Target and have started stalking craigslist. I love the idea of benches too but wonder if DH would do it? I am not sure if we have an unfinished wood place close but I'll start looking tomorrow.

This gives me a great place to start! Thanks everyone!!

Stacy

suzi
02-12-2012, 12:37 AM
I second the suggestion to check out World Market.
Also, can you get to outlets? I got most of my furniture from the Restoration Hardware outlet. Pottery Barn outlets have a great selection as well. If it is a hike, you can call ahead to scope things out. They may recommend a delivery company, or you could rent a van or trailer if you can not take in your own vehicle.

ECMom
02-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Pier 1 is another option.

sdoyle
02-12-2012, 12:29 PM
OOohhh...I forgot about the outlets. I used to live by a PB and a RH. I'll give them a call to see what I can find. Also stopping by Pier1 today.....

You guys are the best!

happymommyof2
02-12-2012, 08:32 PM
We got ours from overstock a few years ago. As with target.com, you will have to read the reviews before buying.

Jen841
02-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Cost Plus - where we got our chairs years ago
PB - SIL got 'scratch and dent' floor models at local stores and outlet that all are fine!
Christmas Tree Shop?

Madelyn
02-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Have not looked myself but friends purchased lots of chairs at a local restaurant supply store/warehouse. This was a few years back but I want to say that they paid $25/chair for new chairs. They aren't heirloom quality but they are sturdy (used in restaurants).