PDA

View Full Version : ISO fashion advice - to belt or not??

jgenie
02-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Going out to dinner tonight and can't decide what to wear. I have this dress - should I wear it with a belt or without? If with, which one - thin red, med. gunmetal, large gunmetal or just a thin black belt? Tights or no tights? Black boots or brown to pull out the brown in the dress? TIA

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww194/etcetcetcpics/

Canna
02-11-2012, 12:27 PM
I think I prefer this dress with no belt. It already has a lot of horizontal action with the stripes and I like it just kind of skimming over your body without the belt added. It looks easy and comfortably stylish that way, to me.

SnuggleBuggles
02-11-2012, 12:45 PM
I think I prefer this dress with no belt. It already has a lot of horizontal action with the stripes and I like it just kind of skimming over your body without the belt added. It looks easy and comfortably stylish that way, to me.

:yeahthat:I agree. I couldn't peg what my reasoning was but I think it is the belt + the horizontals makes it look a bit too busy. Cute dress!

eta- black tights and black boots.

babybell
02-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Def no belt vote here

tarnator
02-11-2012, 12:58 PM
No belt!

goldenpig
02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I vote no belt, black boots and tights. Depending on what kind of brown boots they are, that might look nice too but then I would go with gray or brown tights. Have fun!

kozachka
02-12-2012, 12:24 AM
No belt, black tights, black boots.