PDA

View Full Version : Need help picking a phone.

lorinick
02-11-2012, 11:31 PM
What phone do you have and what do you like? I wanted a Iphone 4S. But heard the GPS wasn't the greastest. I'm considering the Razar Any thoughts?

What I need.

A phone with a great GPS is must have.

Fast

Easy to use

Takes nice pics

BillK
02-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Razr Maxx or Galaxy Nexus - go play with both and see what you like. Assuming you're on VZW.

Giantbear
02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
i just got the razor max, haven't used the gps, but so far i like the phone. I came from an incredible

lorinick
02-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Bill yes I have Verizon. I was looking at the Razor in white or Purple. The Razor Maxx was more than I want to spend. What do you think of the Razar? Anohter choice would be the HTC Rezound.

queenmama
02-11-2012, 11:52 PM
I suggest looking at the Gorilla Glass (made by Corning) website and buy a phone that has it. Sooo many people I know with iphones have damaged their screens, and this stuff is so tough my screen doesn't have so much as a scratch after about 14 months of use. (I sound like I'm pimping the company but really I'm just super impressed that I found something I can't destroy!)

Also... we haven't had great luck with Samsung, although maybe it's just a fluke. Three of our phones had issues with the display, so I hesitate to buy or recommend that brand.

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk

Giantbear
02-11-2012, 11:58 PM
The battery on the Maxx is sick and one of the main reasons i got it, if you are going to buy the razor, then get the maxx for the battery

lorinick
02-12-2012, 12:04 AM
The battery on the Maxx is sick and one of the main reasons i got it, if you are going to buy the razor, then get the maxx for the battery

Is it really worth the extra 100? During work hours I use a Verizon Blackberry that work supplies to me.

lorinick
02-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I suggest looking at the Gorilla Glass (made by Corning) website and buy a phone that has it. Sooo many people I know with iphones have damaged their screens, and this stuff is so tough my screen doesn't have so much as a scratch after about 14 months of use. (I sound like I'm pimping the company but really I'm just super impressed that I found something I can't destroy!)

Also... we haven't had great luck with Samsung, although maybe it's just a fluke. Three of our phones had issues with the display, so I hesitate to buy or recommend that brand.

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk

I noticed the Razar has that Gorilla Glass. I love that.

Giantbear
02-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Is it really worth the extra 100? During work hours I use a Verizon Blackberry that work supplies to me.i use mine for email, internet and to stream videos for my daughter. my old phone was terrible with the battery. With this one, i can't kill the battery. To me, it is very much worth it

lorinick
02-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Anyone have the Rezound or the Razr? I've narrowed it down to them. Any feedback would be great.

BillK
02-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Rezound review: http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-rezound-review

Razr review: http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-razr-review

I still think the Galaxy Nexus is the best phone on VZW right now. If you're gonna lock yourself into another 2 year relationship with a phone make sure it's one you're happy with even if it means an extra $100 IMO.

lorinick
02-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Anyone know anything about the Droid 4?

BillK
02-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Anyone know anything about the Droid 4?

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/02/10/first-impressions-of-the-droid-4-great-keyboard-poor-display-and-surprisingly-decent-battery-life/#more-61164