PDA

View Full Version : Do offsite hotels/motels in Orlando offer shuttle service to the parks?

HIU8
02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Title says it all. We will be staying offsite (not sure where yet) and deciding whether to rent a car or do the autotrain. We are driving to Miami after WDW for a second week.

Tinkerbell313
02-12-2012, 02:24 PM
some offsite hotels do offer transportation to the parks. The questions you need to ask:

1) do they share with other hotels? Some hotels share with others which can make for a very long trip to/from the parks and can make for some crowded shuttles.

2) what are the shuttle schedules? Some hotels only go to and from the parks at certain times of the days. It is not a continuous loop similar to the Disney transportation shuttles.

3)Along with #2...when do they start running? If you have an early AM ADR, you will need to be at the park early. If the shuttle starts at nine, you will be missing your ADR.

Most people I have talked to that stayed offsite and used that hotel's shuttle, said it was very incoveinient. I don't know as we always stayed onsite and just used Disney transportation.

Have fun!!

candaceb
02-12-2012, 03:25 PM
I have no problem with staying offsite, but offsite shuttels (for the most part) are a different story. I spent half my vacation either waiting for a bus or sitting on a (very hot and uncomfortable) bus the one time I stayed offsite without a rental car. I wouldn't do it unless there are tons of reports on disboards indicating that the shuttle service at that particular hotel is frequent and reliable.