PDA

View Full Version : Please educate me...what's a good price for the squeezable yogurt/baby foods?

sewarsh
02-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Such as the Plum Organics, Ellas Kitchen, Happybaby, etc.

Started our 5 month old on rice cereal this weekend and will have to keep an eye out for good deals.

Thanks!

ohiomom1121
02-12-2012, 08:39 PM
DS2 loves his pouches...Ella's kitchen ones are always the favorite but rarely are on sale more than 10 cents off at Target. The Plum Organics I think are the ones I have bought at BRU for 10 for $10. Target also recently came out with their own (not organic and not as exotic as the Ella's kitchen ones) but they are only 79 cents. I think they are 3 ounces vs. 4 also. Target has had a lot of coupons for pouches recently online and in those baby coupon books they send out as well.

viba424
02-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Buy them on Amazon S&S - we get ALL DD's smoothis from there. Alwast very reasonable.

candaceb
02-12-2012, 09:33 PM
If you're willing to go the old-fashioned glass jar route rather than the pouches, the best deals I have found on Earth's Best are Babies-R-Us 20 for $10 sales, - plus I usually use 2 $1 off 7 coupons, so I get 20 for $8.

schrocat
02-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Costco has a good deal on applesauce in those squeezable pouches right now.

lowrioh
02-13-2012, 12:41 AM
I love those pouches! Not the most economical way to go, but they allowed my little miss independent DD 2 to feed herself. We get our at Target or Wegmans.

cntrymoon2
02-13-2012, 01:26 AM
I've been meaning to post about these...one of my genius mom friends actually reuses the pouches and it works brilliantly. She washes them out with super hot soapy water, and just keeps filling and rinsing until the water runs clear. Then she refills with homemade baby food, and freezes them. Her DD likes to eat them at a slushy state, sort of like a popsicle. But I'm in FL, so I can totally see throwing a few into the cooler when we go to the theme parks, etc and using them as ice packs until they defrost.
I'm a little skeevy about bacteria growing, so I would caution ppl not to reuse again and again and again, and I would recommend not storing in the fridge, because of the potential for weird stuff. But I hadn't even thought to refill, so I am excited to try it.

Sorry, OP, off subject a bit, but I figure the ppl reading this post will be the ppl using the squeeze pouches.
We get ours through amazon s & s. If you ever find a good deal- STOCK UP. DD is 2, and I use these now more than ever for her to have a quick snack. Love that I can hand it to her and she can feed herself.

sarrahanne
02-13-2012, 01:44 AM
DD is 2, and I use these now more than ever for her to have a quick snack. Love that I can hand it to her and she can feed herself.

Ha ha. DS1 is 3, and I frequently give them to him as a snack because I like to buy the ones with vegetables. He thinks it's totally normal to have spinach and peas in his applesauce. :)

I second that, stock up when there is a deal. The best deal that I have gotten has actually been on drugstore.com. They had a buy 3 happy baby, get the fourth free so that they ended up costing around $.82. BRU also had a buy 3 x 6-packs for $15 dollars ($.83/pouch) a couple weeks back. I should have bought way more than the six boxes that I did buy because they go FAST with two hungry monsters who love their "sauce." This weekend, when I checked them out, they were 9/$9. Good, but not great. But plum baby did just come out with a couple more fun looking flavors. Another place to watch, of course, is Amazon.

fumofu
02-13-2012, 02:07 AM
There are Target coupons right now for Plum ($0.50 off 2) and HappyBaby ($1 off 4). I was able to stack with Happy Baby coupons (I think from the HB website) a couple of weeks ago.

DS is 18 months, and actually never ate baby food til recently. He stopped eating veggies, so I sneak some baby food into his apple sauce (also a new diet addition) or yogurt.

peanut520
02-13-2012, 11:35 AM
i still try to get the the plum organic, happy baby, and there are a few others that veggies mixed in there for dd who will be 3 this mo. i figure if she is going to have a snack why not an added veggie or two. i will also buy the go-go squeeze from costco or amazon depending on who has the better price at the time. i aim for .50-.60 per serving for applesauce pouches. BJ's has buddy fruits for under $8 for a 12 pack, and i'll stock up on veggie/fruit pouches if they are under .90/pouch through amazon, target, and bru.

star04
02-13-2012, 12:05 PM
i will also buy the go-go squeeze from costco or amazon depending on who has the better price at the time. i aim for .50-.60 per serving for applesauce pouches.

Costco has the go-go applesauce pouches on sale right now for about $5.50/16 pk (not sure of exact price), but it ended up about 0.35 a pouch. I bought 6 boxes the other day!

sunnyside
02-13-2012, 03:05 PM
I get these on Amazon S&S. I buy the Earth's Best Yogurt smoothies, and the Happy Baby fruit/veggie ones. It works out to about a dollar each for the HB ones and maybe a touch more for the yogurt ones. MUCH less expensive than any B&M store.

emilykate
02-13-2012, 05:31 PM
I've been meaning to post about these...one of my genius mom friends actually reuses the pouches and it works brilliantly. She washes them out with super hot soapy water, and just keeps filling and rinsing until the water runs clear. Then she refills with homemade baby food, and freezes them. Her DD likes to eat them at a slushy state, sort of like a popsicle. But I'm in FL, so I can totally see throwing a few into the cooler when we go to the theme parks, etc and using them as ice packs until they defrost.
I'm a little skeevy about bacteria growing, so I would caution ppl not to reuse again and again and again, and I would recommend not storing in the fridge, because of the potential for weird stuff. But I hadn't even thought to refill, so I am excited to try it.

I have to be honest, this makes me a little nervous! The potential for bacteria seems really high. We love our sili squeeze, which is perfect to fill with your own homemade baby food, yogurt, smoothies, etc.

sunnyside
02-14-2012, 03:22 AM
I have to be honest, this makes me a little nervous! The potential for bacteria seems really high. We love our sili squeeze, which is perfect to fill with your own homemade baby food, yogurt, smoothies, etc.

I agree. I am way too squeamish about foodborne illness. I could not reuse the squeeze packs.

FedBaby
02-14-2012, 11:21 PM
We love our sili squeeze, which is perfect to fill with your own homemade baby food, yogurt, smoothies, etc.

Inquiring minds want to know -- what's a Sili Squeeze???

twotimesblue
02-15-2012, 03:13 AM
Just a heads up on the Go-Go Applesauce... if you look at the nutrition panel it actually has pretty much zero vitamins/mineral content; just lots of (fruit) sugar and nothing good (they're also not organic and apples are high on the 'dirty dozen' pesticide list).
The Plum/Happy Baby pouches usually have great vitamin A and C contents - sometimes more than 100% of the recommended daily amount. I love that I can sneak some extra vitamins into DS this way!

emilykate
02-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Inquiring minds want to know -- what's a Sili Squeeze???

It's a flexible, refillable pouch with a spout. The one we have is spill proof so she has to bite it. They just came out with one that comes out easily, like the pouches. Here's their website. http://www.thesilisqueeze.com/index.html (Totally not affiliated, just think it's a great product!)

maybeebaby08
02-15-2012, 12:45 PM
I have the Sili squeeze and love it! Just ordered two more with the new spouts today. The original spout is definitely a little tricky to learn but I think it's great for babies, and I know the new spout will be perfect for older DD.

lchang25000
02-15-2012, 01:15 PM
DS is 3 and still loves those squeezable pouches! He can eat 3-4 of them in a row. I love giving it to him since he can get in lots fruits and veggies without a fuss. His favorite is the spinach/pear/peas one. Our favorites are the Ellas organics and Plum Baby organics. Best deal is $1 for each and BRU/TRU sometimes has it for that price. I totally stocked up the other week when they were on sale.

lowrioh
03-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Plum district has Ecomom.com $40 voucher for $20 today and they have Plum Organic pouches at 6 for $7.69. If you bought 6 packs that would be $46-20=$26 for 36 pouches. Shipping is $6 and if you spend more than $50 it is free. So $26 + $6/36 is 0.89 each.
They also had some all purpose Charlies soap that I want to try.

http://www.plumdistrict.com/deals/ecomom-com-20-for-40-worth-of-all-natural-organic-products-at-ecomom-com-bgbGyc?clickid=RGg0xxRzQVAqzIARCHybpVB7UkyXn8SunRk 0ww0

Choccie
03-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Plum district has Ecomom.com $40 voucher for $20 today and they have Plum Organic pouches at 6 for $7.69. If you bought 6 packs that would be $46-20=$26 for 36 pouches. Shipping is $6 and if you spend more than $50 it is free. So $26 + $6/36 is 0.89 each.

http://www.plumdistrict.com/deals/ecomom-com-20-for-40-worth-of-all-natural-organic-products-at-ecomom-com-bgbGyc?clickid=RGg0xxRzQVAqzIARCHybpVB7UkyXn8SunRk 0ww0

I just ordered a whole bunch of Plum Organics from Ecomom a few weeks ago - super cheap and arrived almost overnight (free shipping, but they sent the food FedEx next day). Everything was sealed in the boxes, well packed, super clean. Very happy and super convenient instead of hauling to BRU (although I did buy LOTS from there too a few weeks ago when they had the 3x6packs for $15.

Smillow
03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
I get the squeezable Carrot Applesauce @ Trader Joe's 4 for $2.99, so $0.75 each. There is pumpkin & carrot puree in it and no sugar added.

sewarsh
03-13-2012, 08:37 PM
I just ordered a whole bunch of Plum Organics from Ecomom a few weeks ago - super cheap and arrived almost overnight (free shipping, but they sent the food FedEx next day). Everything was sealed in the boxes, well packed, super clean. Very happy and super convenient instead of hauling to BRU (although I did buy LOTS from there too a few weeks ago when they had the 3x6packs for $15.

Thx for referring back to this post...I'm the OP & I did this deal too & now I just purchased another Ecomom deal today so I'm going to do it again!

sewarsh
03-13-2012, 08:37 PM

Thx! I'm the OP & Already purchased the PlumDistrict deal for this very reason!

Pinky
03-14-2012, 09:25 PM

Thank you so much for posting about this! I love that it is reusable!