PDA

View Full Version : so. low.

lmh2402
02-12-2012, 10:11 PM
A pathetic sob for myself b/c I feel just so damn bad.

I am physically sore as hell today – I must have twisted somehow when I fell yesterday, because my back and my left shoulder are killing me, as is the huge contusion on my leg. and i've got lots of belly cramps today too.

I am exhausted b/c I couldn’t sleep last night stressing over the stupid previa stuff.

I’m angry at everyone. At everything. My husband, when I suggested to him a month or so ago, that maybe we go away for a long weekend…somewhere warm, while it was still cold here…probably our last shot before baby comes. And I suggested a specific weekend in march…b/c there are things happening every weekend before and almost every weekend after all the way through april. Only at that point did he say to me, “of course you would suggest that weekend. Of course you would. b/c that’s the weekend I’m supposed to be going to vegas for a long weekend.”

I had no idea. That he had been planning himself a vacation with his guy friends. He is never. Ever. Ever. Here. Ever. We haven’t spent any time together…even like to sit together in an evening during the week. In so long, I can’t remember the last time.

I am just…so angry.

So/but I said, “ok, self. Let’s not wallow in self-pity. He made his choice – I asked him to go somewhere with me. He said he wanted to go with his friends. Fine. I will find somewhere to go and go by myself.”

But…we are also needing to be budget conscious b/c we have a ton of huge house projects going on right now. So…given what I’ve figured out he’s spending on his vacation, that left me not a whole lot to spend to keep our total spend in the realm of responsible.

So…I booked myself a long weekend in FL at the very end of april (much later than I wanted to go…I wanted to go in march…but flights were SO expensive…this was the best I could find) at my parents’ house in a friggin retirement community. My sister actually volunteered to take days off work and come with me. So I was feeling a bit better.

(however, my husband almost had a cow when I told him. He said, “I told you I was happy to go away with my friends AND with you. How convenient that you’re now going with your sister.”)

I almost had a heart attack. Poor him. He was denied the ability to take two vacations and now he has to stay home and watch his own son for a few days.

While I “conveniently” get to delay my going away until almost May, and then end up in a retirement community in order to spend so little money b/c he's using the lion-share of what we really should allow for vacation right now, for himself.

Anyway…now my doctor told me yesterday that I might need to consider cancelling my trip b/c unless she sees a good movement of my placenta away from the current position, she’s not comfortable with me traveling at that point – I’ll be just about 29/30 weeks.

It’s like I can’t friggin win.

And then…I am talking to my Dad today and say to him that I’m so bummed that I might need to cancel my trip…and he says to me… “this is God punishing you b/c you were trying to stick it your husband. He works hard and wants a weekend with the boys to relax a little. And b/c he does that, you need to run and book your own vacation? Well, now God is punishing you.”

I have not been able to stop crying all day. I feel like no matter where I turn, someone is punching me in the face. What’s worse is that I actually had the same sort of stupid thought going through my head last night when I was tossing and turning…not about the stupid trip, but about all that’s been so stressful about this pregnancy.

But…he’s my dad. MY dad. It just hurts. A lot. It's not surprising. The total lack of mental/emotional support, and ability to cut to the core has always been his special talent. I couldn’t even say anything back to him b/c if I had even tried, I think all that would have come out was a psychotic, strangled scream.

That’s it. Pity party over. I need a gallon of ice cream.

crl
02-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I am so, so sorry.

Catherine

BabyDahl
02-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Wow, not even sure what to say but big :hug:

Liziz
02-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh my.....lots of hugs. I'm so sorry you're going through all this.

wellyes
02-12-2012, 10:28 PM
You dad was wrong, and cruel. I can see how the communication with your hudbnd spiraled out wrong ( with him being an ass on top ) but that bit from your dad was unthinkably mean.

Hell with them.

I'm sorry.

mikala
02-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Argh, big :grouphug: That sounds so frustrating and stressful and your dad's comment was just cruel and unwarranted. I'm not a violent person but am giving both men a virtual smack upside the head right now.

gobadgers
02-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh man. That really sucks. I'm sorry things are so tough right now and you aren't getting the support you need and deserve :hug:

ellies mom
02-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Wow! All I can say is WTF to both your husband and father!

First of all, vacations are discussed with spouse before the planning begins. Announcing after the plans are made that you are going out of town with friends on X date is just not OK in my book, especially with a pregnant wife at home. In my world, it should go like this, "Sweetie, the guys and I were talking about going to Las Vegas, what do you think about that?" and then go from there. And then to make plans without talking about it with you and get pissy when you make plans for yourself is just plain childish.

And your dad? What an awful thing to say. Does he forget that he is supposed to be on your side? I'm not sure if I'd be more angry at him or your husband.

:hug:

jenfromnj
02-12-2012, 10:36 PM
You dad was wrong, and cruel. I can see how the communication with your hudbnd spiraled out wrong ( with him being an ass on top ) but that bit from your dad was unthinkably mean.

Hell with them.

I'm sorry.

:yeahthat: Wellyes said it better than I could. I'm very sorry.

KLD313
02-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Wow! Men can be asses from time to time, some more than others, but your dad is supposed to have your back. Your dad is the one that's supposed to tell you he wants to kick your husbands butt for being selfish. I would be upset too and hope your placenta moves and you get to go away.

DrSally
02-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Wow, you're dad was so hurtful and wrong. I'm so sorry.

hellokitty
02-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Oh and if it makes you feel any better, both your dad and your husband are being a-holes.

TwinFoxes
02-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Wow. I was pretty shocked at your DH...then I read what your dad said. That is just cruel. I honestly would not be able to have a relationship with someone who spoke to me that way. Nice to know he has a hotline to God. Maybe he can ask Him for some empathy next time he's got Him on the line.

California
02-13-2012, 12:12 AM
They both are being jerks. Any chance you could get the airline to switch your tickets around to fly your sister out to see you, then drive somewhere nearby for a girls weekend?

elliput
02-13-2012, 12:18 AM
:hug::hug::hug: You deserve a wonderful vacation. One that does not include your DH or going to your Dad's house. :irked:

deborah_r
02-13-2012, 01:28 AM
That is so terrible. I'm so sorry. ((hugs))

goldenpig
02-13-2012, 01:29 AM
They both are being jerks. Any chance you could get the airline to switch your tickets around to fly your sister out to see you, then drive somewhere nearby for a girls weekend?

:yeahthat:
Holy cow. Your H and father are unbelievable! You need hugs! :hug: :hug: :hug:
You deserve some time just for you--don't let them make you feel guilty about it! That is seriously messed up!

bisous
02-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Oh, please feel better! Take care of yourself and big hugs!

hillview
02-13-2012, 09:38 AM
That stinks. Sending you a big hug!:22:

lmwbasye
02-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh, I'm so so so very sorry. Both men are being unbelievably cruel and especially at a time when you need extra loving and support.

Big hugs!

g-mama
02-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I am so very sorry. I want to cry for you. Your dad and your husband are acting like immature a-holes. I don't know which one is worse.

ladysoapmaker
02-13-2012, 10:40 AM
:22:

I sorry you have to deal with this.

Jen

brittone2
02-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Oh man, i'm so sorry. That is WTF?-worthy, for sure. Both of them are being ridiculous. I'd be really hurt :hug: I hope you can find some way to treat yourself.

mommylamb
02-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Haven't read the responses, and I'm sure that this is repetitive of everything others have said, but WOW, I would be so angry in your place. At your DH and your dad (who was really unfair to you). I'm so sorry. I hope you get a vacation with your sister somewhere else.

trcy
02-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Oh man, i'm so sorry. That is WTF?-worthy, for sure. Both of them are being ridiculous. I'd be really hurt :hug: I hope you can find some way to treat yourself.
:yeahthat: I am so sorry

larig
02-13-2012, 12:55 PM
not cool!! big hugs for you. I'd go stay in a swank hotel that weekend and get spa treatments.

trales
02-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Both of them are being cruel to you. You deserve much better than that.

lmh2402
02-13-2012, 03:41 PM
thanks for the hugs, guys

i feel a bit better today b/c...it's monday and DH isn't here...won't be around again for me to see really until sat - he doesn't come home these days before 10/11pm and i'm usually in bed.

so it's just me and DS and i like it just fine that way right now

my dad called me three times last night to "chit chat" about nothing - which is always his way of trying to test the waters to see if things have blown over, without having to say "i'm sorry."

i didn't take his calls.

just going to lay low with both of them and pray that things with the previa resolve so that baby is safe/healthy AND i get to take my silly little trip.

thanks again. i really needed the hugs and nice words b/c i felt so awful last night and can't talk to anyone about this IRL.

sste
02-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Don't think of it as a silly little trip . . . it is important to you so it is important period.

Your dad is an abusive personality. You need to consider whether you even want him in your life. Plenty of people have no contact with emotionally abusive parents. Plenty of people limit it to a handful of visits or phone calls per year. If that isn't what you want, you need to set massive boundaries - - personally I would not share anything with him that you don't want potentially used against you. Trust me on this, I have had massive pregnancy problems, a delivery horror show, a baby that had to be fully resuscitated and in the NICU. And my parents don't know any of it. I wasn't inclined to tell them anything but even my DH pleaded with me not to tell them any of it because the odds were quite high they would blame me for it and say terrible things about DD - - in a nasty way, my guess is that people with normal families probably can't even imagine what I am talking about but that you can.

My vote is cut the contact with your dad way down for a long while. You have bigger fish to fry. At some point there needs to be a meeting of the minds with you and your DH - - you don't want to repeat your relationship with your dad with your husband. That in my mind is the biggest issue here. In my experience, relationships can withstand alot of work stress and general bullcr*p *IF* there is a foundation of mutual respect there.

Good luck OP. I would be really upset too.

MamaMolly
02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
SSTE, hugs to you and also to you, Imh2402. :grouphug: I'm so sorry guys, and SSTE is absolutely right about setting boundaries. It is the best thing you can do for your DCs, yourselves, and your families.

twowhat?
02-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Ouch:( So sorry.

fumofu
02-14-2012, 03:52 AM
I'm so sorry, lmh. I hope you feel better today.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Wow. I was pretty shocked at your DH...then I read what your dad said. That is just cruel. I honestly would not be able to have a relationship with someone who spoke to me that way. Nice to know he has a hotline to God. Maybe he can ask Him for some empathy next time he's got Him on the line.
:yeahthat:

i am so sorry. your DH is being an a$$ and what your dad said was just so mean. hopefully you can get some time off. i can sense through all your posts that you really care about your son and have been working so hard to help him through various issues, plus you have a stressful pregnancy on top of that..that sounds so hard. you TOTALLY deserve a break, don't let your H or dad let you think you don't. :hug:

3isEnough
02-14-2012, 12:51 PM

:yeahthat: Not ok behavior by either of them. I hope your week gets better and you're able to take your trip :grouphug:

boltfam
02-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow. They're both being jerks. Your DH should have talked to you before planning his Vegas trip, and you are not being selfish for wanting to take a trip. :grouphug:, mama.

I hope your placenta moves so you can take your trip. If it makes you feel better, mine did move when I was pregnant with DD, so there is definately hope.

ha98ed14
02-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Somehow I missed this one. I hope your week has gotten better. Hugs!

Ladybug47
02-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Ugh -- I'm so sorry. :(