PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Movie Night?

bisous
02-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Hi Folks! We've started a fun tradition of movie and pizza on Friday night and looking for suggestions of movies the whole family might enjoy. We all enjoyed watching the original 3 Star Wars movies. I have 3 boys ages 8, 4, and 5 mos (he doesn't watch, lol).

Any ideas?

TIA!

sste
02-13-2012, 02:15 AM
My four year old is in love with Snow White. Literally I think. He puts on a cape and makes me fall into an eternal slumber and then kisses me/snow white on the lips to wake me up. We got the re-released one that they recolored - - I remember it from childhood.

bisous
02-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Oh yeah, good one! I could start doing a classic Disney series...

MamaKath
02-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Classic Disney stuff is good, we liked things like The Shaggy Dog, The Nutty Professor, Dr. Doolittle too. Shirley Temple movies, Parent Trap,and Pollyanna. Pink Panther series might be a little too old, but they are funny. We have found that projecting the movie on the wall in our basement makes any movie more fun!

Here are some good lists...
http://www.onlygoodmovies.com/good/movies/kid/
http://www.good-family-movies.com/
http://bowtieproducts.com/Clean_%20Family_%20Movies.htm
http://www.filmcrave.com/list_genre_movie.php?genre=Family

Have fun!

citymama
02-13-2012, 04:51 AM
The Sound of Music
Mary Poppins
Toy Story
Finding Nemo
Madagascar

should all be appropriate for a 4 yr old. But if he's seen Star Wars, then I think he can handle Jungle Book and other Disney flicks my almost 6 yr old would be too terrified to sit through!

Momit
02-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Citymama, I like your thinking! Sound of Music was my first thought.

-The Muppets (we got a collection from Amazon over the holidays with tv show episodes and the movies)
-Wallace and Gromit 3 short films - Grand Day Out, Wrong Trousers and Close Shave

SnuggleBuggles
02-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Princess Bride
George of the Jungle

hellokitty
02-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Night at the Museum
Despicable Me
Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies (your oldest will probably love this, not sure your younger two will or not, but my older two love this movie and this is one of the few I actually enjoy watching myself)
Toy Story
Cars
Pingu (not a movie, but it is on netflix and they are short cartoons, all three of my kids, ages 8, 6 and 2, are crazy about it, and so is my DH, it's really funny)
Phineas and Ferb movie
Bugs Life
Wall-E
The Incredibles
Lego bionicles movie (I think they have one on netflix)
Horton (Dr. Seuss)
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs (I think that is the title, maybe I'm confused)
My kids also like watching nature and science documentaries, but maybe they are just weird, lol.

infomama
02-13-2012, 09:43 AM
We just watched The Zookeeper. Funny stuff.

crl
02-13-2012, 09:46 AM
The Sandlot

Catherine

brittone2
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Dolphin Tale
They watched National Velvet recently and liked that.
Misty of Chincoteague

Twoboos
02-13-2012, 10:33 AM
The Adventures of Clutch Powers (or something like that), it's a Lego movie, pretty cute.

We've run into some trouble with some of the older ones. First off, some are lllloooonnng, like 2.5 hrs. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang has the creepy child kidnapper guy who scares my DDs. Mary Poppins is loooong although they love it. Princess Bride, they LOVE it but do not like the scenes with The Machine or in the haunted forest place (ROUS's!). Sound of Music we all love, and luckily they give you the intermission!

We also like:
All the Toy Story movies
All the Shreks
The Secret of Nimh (although a little dark?)
All the Spy Kids movies - we had a hard time finding #2 but tracked it down at the library

elbenn
02-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Babe
The Black Stallion
E.T. (although maybe this is too mature for a 4 year old?)

star04
02-13-2012, 11:58 AM
The Iron Giant
Hook
Bedtime Stories

mama2g03
02-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Lots of good ones already mentioned. I'll add The Wizard of Oz.

erv917
02-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Rio is pretty cute!

hellokitty
02-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh and my kids also love any of the studio ghibli films.

Spirited Away
My friend totoro
Ponyo
Kiki's delivery service
Nausicaa (sp?)

bisous
02-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Okay, this is a great list! We've seen quite a few but for some it has been quite awhile. Some they haven't seen at all.

Hellokitty we LOVE Studio Ghibli films, too. None of our IRL friends have even heard of them, lol.