PDA

View Full Version : Daycare pickup help

emily
02-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Would you hire someone just to pick up and drop off your DCs from daycare?

I will be having a c-section next month and won't be able to drive or lift my very heavy kids to pick them up from daycare. I'm thinking of asking around to see if any of the teachers or assistants at our daycare would be interested in dropping off DC's on their way home so they're not stuck at daycare for almost 12 hours, which would be the case if DH does drop off and pick up. The ride from DCP to our house is 10 min. We would provide carseats.

Is this something you would consider? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it completely since I have no idea how they drive, etc. but the thought of DCs being at daycare for nearly 12 hours breaks my heart. Also, how much would you pay someone to do this? DH says about $20/day.

Any feedback or other ideas would be appreciated.

twowhat?
02-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I totally think it's worth asking. At our daycare the head teachers for each classroom arrive around 8am and leave by 5pm. The assistant teacher in each classroom arrive at 6:30am and leave at 3:30pm.

What if you had DH do morning drop off, and then ask one of the teachers/assistants to drive your DC back in the afternoon? If it's a similar setup, you could ask the assistants or teachers who leave earlier in the day so that even if your DH has to drop off early, DC wouldn't be at daycare for so long.

Then you could pay $10 a day.

Ask! Good luck:)

wellyes
02-13-2012, 11:32 AM
My aunt works at a daycare and would be glad to have the opportunity to make a little extra $$ for very little work. Certainly can't hurt to ask.