PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

mommylamb
02-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Engorged. I hate this early stage of BFing. That's all.

trcy
02-13-2012, 11:00 AM
:grouphug: Ouch is right

TwinFoxes
02-13-2012, 11:37 AM
That I do not miss. :(

But nothing beats the endorphins of BF. At least for me. It was like the best drug ever.

Beth24
02-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Yay, your milk is in!!! But sorry about the engorgement. Ouch is right. :hug:

mommylamb
02-13-2012, 02:06 PM
That I do not miss. :(

But nothing beats the endorphins of BF. At least for me. It was like the best drug ever.

What, it was like a drug for you??? This doesn't happen to me. I just end up sleeping in a puddle and wetting through my shirts constantly.

roseyloxs
02-13-2012, 02:09 PM
:hug: or maybe not. Don't want to cause any more pain. My dd just dropped a feeding so I am dealing with a small reminder of those early days.

elektra
02-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Man those first few weeks sure do drag in that regard! But you know that will all get sorted out in no time. (But yeah, the huge, hard, engorged breasts are NO FUN.)

BabyBearsMom
02-13-2012, 02:11 PM
What, it was like a drug for you??? This doesn't happen to me. I just end up sleeping in a puddle and wetting through my shirts constantly.

Sleeping in a puddle and wetting yourself is actually kind of common with some drug use :wink2:

TwinFoxes
02-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Sleeping in a puddle and wetting yourself is actually kind of common with some drug use :wink2:

Do tell!!! ;)

But no, the engorged part not so much. But nursing baby after getting a routine...it really was like a drug for me.

MontrealMum
02-13-2012, 03:04 PM
:hug: Engorgement isn't fun, but glad your milk is in!

trentsmom
02-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Ugh, I hated being engorged first thing! Like starting to breastfeed isn't hard enough by itself. I got engorged with both DSs. I remember their pediatrician saying it was like trying to latch onto a wall. I also remember the feeling of relief when I was able to pump the extra milk out. Aaaaah! I hope your engorgement goes away quickly.

lmh2402
02-13-2012, 03:42 PM
ah! ouch is right! hope your supply adjusts quickly, mama :hug:

arivecchi
02-13-2012, 04:59 PM
I hate that! I remember feeling like I had two bazookas! :ROTFLMAO: Hope you feel better soon!

sste
02-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Oh no, that is no fun. Against all advice I pumped a little when that happened. I tried not to do a full pumping session but at least to release some of the milk so the baby wasn't trying to latch onto a granite bo*b. IIRC you tend toward oversupply so maybe you need to be more cautious.

I have always been pretty flat-chested and I remember in the hospital with DS my milk came in very rapidly - - I could tell because DH's eyes when he was staring at my chest were comical. It was like a cartoon with his bulging eyes and my suddenly enormous chest!

DrSally
02-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I hear ya! DD was a premie, so not effective at sucking. Ds was still nursing, and i was hoping he could drain some off and give me some relief--No, he had been shallow, comfort sucking for so lomg, he wasn't used to drawing out milk.

MamaMolly
02-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Owie, ow owwwwww! I remember that and it is NOT fun. I used to pump a little just for relief.

citymama
02-14-2012, 02:31 AM
Yay milk!

Ouch, engorgement.

Hope this BFing journey is wonderful, despite the temporary discomfort!

(An aside: you are officially a "veteran nurser" - thats how the hospital nurses referred to me after DD2s birth. yep, that's how I still feel, 21 months later and still nursing - a veteran!)

MamaSnoo
02-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Sorry...but I had not had a chance to say congratulations yet. Hope your tatas are feeling better soon! I can't say that I am really looking forward to the engorgement part. Here's hoping that my DS is more effective in the early days than DD was.