PDA

View Full Version : Valentines for Teacher

Pear
02-13-2012, 11:38 AM
I was crafting valentines for DD to hand out this week. I wasn't sure what to do for the teacher. When I was a kid we just bought a pack of valentines from the store and there was always a teacher card in the pack. We are doing crayon hearts and I just don't know if we should give those to the teacher or if I should get her something else.

barkley1
02-13-2012, 12:14 PM
I think a lot of ppl do, but the Valentines we made have m&ms, and I figure she'll like tsp as much as any other candy, so DS's teacher is just getting the same. We'revtalking about 2 yr old preschool...if I knew of something special that she particularly liked I'd get it for her, but I don't!

sarahsthreads
02-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Eh, we're just giving the crayon hearts to DD2's teachers too. I figure either they'll bring them home to their own children (though they both have older kids) or use them in the classroom.

DD1 made Mad Lib valentines (http://www.designmom.com/2009/02/ralphs-madlib-valentines/) and her teachers are getting those too!

Sarah :)

cindys
02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Well, I am not feeling too creative...And I am sure they will get enough candy so I just got them each a Target $5 heart shaped gift card that says Love...He has 2 teachers...

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 5 & 3 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

wimama
02-13-2012, 01:41 PM
We are doing cheap store bought Lego Star Wars valentines & there is a teacher card. We are attaching some heart silly straws to the kids valentines and I bought a box of Ghirardelli chocolates for the teacher. Target had little boxes shaped like an apple for teachers. Since, my DS has been a little booger at school lately, I figured a little chocolate for his teacher wouldn't hurt.:wink2:

GaPeach_in_Ca
02-13-2012, 01:43 PM
DS1 has Mad Lib valentines, too, and he addressed one to his teacher. I was rolling up the sheets and one was a "Dear Teacher" letter, so that one went to her!

For DS2, we didn't do any for his teachers. He did the animals tied to the card. I didn't even think of doing any for the teachers. He does have 6 of them.

maestramommy
02-13-2012, 02:51 PM
I wasn't going to, but as it turns out we still have many pre-cut sugar cookies from our party last week in the fridge, so I am having the kids decorate and bake them tomorrow morning. We could give them to the teachers. Probably will because 28 cookies will last FOREVER in this house unless I eat them myself.

janine
02-13-2012, 02:58 PM
EEK, had no idea people gave gifts to teachers? I just used the extra cards in the kids' pack. Gosh, hope it's ok b/c really don't have any extra time to buy this stuff.

maestramommy
02-13-2012, 04:08 PM
EEK, had no idea people gave gifts to teachers? I just used the extra cards in the kids' pack. Gosh, hope it's ok b/c really don't have any extra time to buy this stuff.

I think most people don't. I never have before. If I didn't have cookies handy I still wouldn't. Dora's valentines included 2 for her teachers, but it was all part of a class assignment. I really don't think the teachers expect extra gifts.