PDA

View Full Version : Snugride 35 with lap belt install

BabbyO
02-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I did an install for the neighbors recently. They have a SN35 and older cars (I think a cavalier) with no LATCH. I installed RF in the center position with the lapbelt.

This is my first lapbelt install. I'm comfortable that the seat is tight enough, but is there anything I should double check for/be aware of? I didn't use the locking clip or anything, just fed the belt through and used the lockoff on the base.

I recommended having a CPST check it for them and even mentioned a couple of local check locations, but I thought I'd ask here, too.

I think I'll be doing a second install in their other car soon so it would be a good time to double check any concerns.

I showed them where the chest clip should be located using DS2 and discussed appropriate tightness and not wearing bulky clothes in the seat. I also showed them the safe handle positions and noted that the carseat can not be braced against the driver or passenger seats. Oh, I also showed them the DOM on the seat and talked about expiration.

What have I forgotten/missed?