PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Friendly dresses?

MacMacMoo
02-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Any recs on where to find some fun flirty nursing friendly dresses?

BabyBearsMom
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
I always wore regular, non-nursing, wrap dresses. Easy to pop the girls out for a quick feed but also easy to find.

SnuggleBuggles
02-14-2012, 11:41 AM
http://m.thelimited.com/mt/www.thelimited.com/detail/dotty-wrapover-dress/3277199

A wrap style of cross over can help you get good access.

echoesofspring
02-14-2012, 12:43 PM
I had this dress from japanese weekend d&a line:

http://www.mothersboutique.com/tippeddress.html

jennilynn
02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
I love the dresses from Milk but never actually bought one. If I get pregnant again, I will definitely invest in some of these. So cute! http://www.milknursingwear.com/store/pc/nursing-dresses-c3.htm

And this one is really cute : http://www.target.com/p/Moody-Mamas-Maternity-Elbow-Sleeve-Ruffled-Nursing-Dress-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13405943

I have a sleeveless one from Target that I bought last summer and wished I had bought it sooner to get more use out of it.

lizzywednesday
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
I love the dresses from Milk but never actually bought one. If I get pregnant again, I will definitely invest in some of these. So cute! http://www.milknursingwear.com/store/pc/nursing-dresses-c3.htm

I bought dresses from Milk. The fabric is very comfy, which I love, but since it's a knit rather than a woven, it's a bit clingy which can be hard to wear.

The sundresses were comfy, but didn't wear well; the faux-wrap dresses were great for dressier events and church (wore one to a memorial service I sang at); the 3/4-sleeve keyhole dress was great, both on its own and as a tunic; the short-sleeved smock dress was probably my favorite overall.

My biggest beef with them is the price for what you end up getting, ESPECIALLY those sundresses!!! (I loved them, but they just didn't hold up. The construction was VERY poor, IMO.)

They're having a 40% off sale this weekend, so you might find something that works.

hellokitty
02-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Cross over/wrap style dresses have always been my go-to dress when I need to wear something nursing friendly. The good thing is that these are easy to find and pretty affordable compared to dresses specifically made for nursing.

BabbyO
02-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Wrap dresses or Deep V neck lines with a cami under are my go to. I usually get things from Kohl's, Penney's etc. so non-nursing typically.

nfowife
02-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I was happy with expressiva dresses. www.expressiva.com

citymama
02-14-2012, 04:32 PM
I like wrap or crossover dresses. I have never bought a nursing specific dress. Here's one I like a lot:
http://www.zappos.com/patagonia-womens-long-sleeved-margot-dress-bright-angel-bordeaux

I also have this dress in 2 colors and love it - and it's been marked down to just $29.99!
http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=819722022&userSearchText=hawi+hoodie&searchCID=44995

luli13
02-14-2012, 07:28 PM
I like wrap or crossover dresses. I have never bought a nursing specific dress. Here's one I like a lot:
http://www.zappos.com/patagonia-womens-long-sleeved-margot-dress-bright-angel-bordeaux

I also have this dress in 2 colors and love it - and it's been marked down to just $29.99!
http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=819722022&userSearchText=hawi+hoodie&searchCID=44995

Thanks for your post, I just bought two of the Athleta dresses :) We'll see how they work out. I thought they would work nicely with leggings (ankle or capri length) post-partum. I cannot wait to give birth next month and wear REAL clothes again.

citymama
02-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks for your post, I just bought two of the Athleta dresses :) We'll see how they work out. I thought they would work nicely with leggings (ankle or capri length) post-partum. I cannot wait to give birth next month and wear REAL clothes again.

I wear mine with full length Boden leggings - mine are the asphalt blue and purple/pink, bought when they were marked down to about $50, but I'm tempted to get the black too! They are so comfy and flattering. I don't think I got mine till at least 6-8 months post partum, though. Here I am 21 months later, and I still need the pull-down option for nursing! ;)

luli13
02-17-2012, 06:40 PM
I wear mine with full length Boden leggings - mine are the asphalt blue and purple/pink, bought when they were marked down to about $50, but I'm tempted to get the black too! They are so comfy and flattering. I don't think I got mine till at least 6-8 months post partum, though. Here I am 21 months later, and I still need the pull-down option for nursing! ;)

I just received the black and purple/pink and I really love the stretchy material. They will be perfect for nursing- great recommendation! I am concerned though... I bought a medium and it fits me even now when I am 36wks pregnant. I'm worried it will be too big post-partum. What size do you have? I am typically a 6 when not pregnant but I figured I will need bigger until I get back to my normal size, which with my first took 6ish months or so. Do they shrink at all? I don't know whether to send them back to exchange for a small.

citymama
02-17-2012, 07:54 PM
I just received the black and purple/pink and I really love the stretchy material. They will be perfect for nursing- great recommendation! I am concerned though... I bought a medium and it fits me even now when I am 36wks pregnant. I'm worried it will be too big post-partum. What size do you have? I am typically a 6 when not pregnant but I figured I will need bigger until I get back to my normal size, which with my first took 6ish months or so. Do they shrink at all? I don't know whether to send them back to exchange for a small.

I wear a size 0-4 depending on the brand. I usually buy XS in dresses and the XS version of this dress fits me perfectly. I tried it on in the SF store; I had originally been planning to buy it in size Small thinking that Athleta runs small. The sales people tried to talk me into the XXS but I have hips that won't tolerate that! Plus I think it would cling uncomfortably to the armpits if too small. I have a small chest (even when nursing, except maybe the first 2 weeks!) so the XS works; I think if you are bigger chested, esp. if you are bigger chested and nursing, you may want to stick with the M.

I would get a small if you are smaller chested and usually get a size small in dresses, or are on the fence b/w sizes. It's not supposed to be fitted at the belly at all. The beauty of the dress is that it is cut in a way that doesn't really cling to your belly, so it's nice for those of us who are post partum (even 2 or more years later!).

ETA They are sooo comfy! I have the purple and the blue and am thinking of getting the black. I washed mine on cold and laid flat to dry - no shrinkage at all.

luli13
02-17-2012, 08:43 PM
I wear a size 0-4 depending on the brand. I usually buy XS in dresses and the XS version of this dress fits me perfectly. I tried it on in the SF store; I had originally been planning to buy it in size Small thinking that Athleta runs small. The sales people tried to talk me into the XXS but I have hips that won't tolerate that! Plus I think it would cling uncomfortably to the armpits if too small. I have a small chest (even when nursing, except maybe the first 2 weeks!) so the XS works; I think if you are bigger chested, esp. if you are bigger chested and nursing, you may want to stick with the M.

I would get a small if you are smaller chested and usually get a size small in dresses, or are on the fence b/w sizes. It's not supposed to be fitted at the belly at all. The beauty of the dress is that it is cut in a way that doesn't really cling to your belly, so it's nice for those of us who are post partum (even 2 or more years later!)

ETA They are sooo comfy! I have the purple and the blue and am thinking of getting the black. I washed mine on cold and laid flat to dry - no shrinkage at all.

I am smaller chested and went to a 36c/d while nursing with DD. I think I'll order the small to see the difference. I like the dress enough that I want to be able to wear it for awhile. Can you return Athleta items back to Gap stores? Philly just got a B&M Athleta store but I am so pregnant right now and the last thing I want to do is drive into the city, find parking and walk to a store to do a return!

Thanks for your help!

citymama
02-17-2012, 08:52 PM
I am smaller chested and went to a 36c/d while nursing with DD. I think I'll order the small to see the difference. I like the dress enough that I want to be able to wear it for awhile. Can you return Athleta items back to Gap stores? Philly just got a B&M Athleta store but I am so pregnant right now and the last thing I want to do is drive into the city, find parking and walk to a store to do a return!

Thanks for your help!

No, unfortunately, you can't return to Gap stores. But Athleta is awesome about returns. I think you will do fine with small since it is stretchy. I would say that XS is a sz 2 and S might be 4-6?