PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone digitized their photos before?

weech
02-14-2012, 12:05 PM
I've been doing a lot of work trying to straighten and organize our junk in the house. During the process, I realized we have tons of printed pictures that I don't have the patience to scan myself (and are just collecting dust). Anyone have experience with a company that digitizes photos? What was your experience, good or bad?

DebbieJ
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
I've been doing a lot of work trying to straighten and organize our junk in the house. During the process, I realized we have tons of printed pictures that I don't have the patience to scan myself (and are just collecting dust). Anyone have experience with a company that digitizes photos? What was your experience, good or bad?

Yes, I've done two batches now. I wait til a deal pops up on Groupon, Plum District, Living Social, etc. I've used two different companies--Memento Scanning and Scan Digital. Scan Digital took FOREVER to get it done (big Groupon rush) but I was pleased with the result.

I recently bought a deal for PhotoBin, so we'll see how that works out.

larig
02-14-2012, 05:36 PM
I just had costco do it. This was several years ago with some photos from our honeymoon and wedding trip. They turned out just fine, and I didn't have to do it! If they were contemporary photos I wouldn't have any qualms about sending them somewhere, but if they were old family photos I'd probably want to take them somewhere that would do it in-house.

Globetrotter
02-14-2012, 05:51 PM
I am planning to do this for old photos so I will be watching this thread with interest.

infomama
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
My mom used Scan Digital and she was very happy. It did take quite a while but it was worth the wait.